Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
13,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrumberg View Post
This should be very simple

They always break down in the worst locations at the most inconvenient times

Luckily I did not have to bring out the other one
Both of them broke. The older one is more obvious as a candidate... but I'm going to say it was the newest looking one on the left.

Ohhhh, man what a flight I just had with the Phantom. Blue skies, warm temps, no wind, and a freshly toasted battery. I took off and went straight up to my highest altitude yet... 1580ft. It vanished at about 1000 ft but I held the throttle on and gained a lot more altitude.... but I couldn't see it any longer.

Where ever it went... I was trying to keep a slow movement ... but I discovered that several times I had it in a spin. It was a good...long.. flight. I took some chances at flying higher but farther out. I made it down over my bud's house and no problem at all. So, I came back over my house and kept going toward the beautiful 800 acre beef pastures. I have a great video from the Phantom... then I turned around and flew the power lines but I have to find a program that will convert it to a Windows file. Mine keep throwing up on pieces of Vista.
Anyway, I'll post it when I can convince it that I really do actually want it to change file extensions.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Today, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by Crash Override
is always breaking stuff :D
United States, MI, Charter Twp of Clinton
Joined Dec 2014
480 Posts
Quote:
This should be very simple

They always break down in the worst locations at the most inconvenient times

Luckily I did not have to bring out the other one
Hmm - the one on the right? LOL

I have a 1999 Craftsman garden tractor (with mower and snow blade attachments) still running like a champ at 16 years old, which is why I buy Craftsman tools. Power or manual, it seems like they last forever. Kenmore appliances, too.
Crash Override is offline Find More Posts by Crash Override
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade Nano CP X (brushless...
Old Today, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by BattleDude
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
4,697 Posts
Cold, rainy, and nasty here. Perfect for flying!

Cold, rainy and nasty! (4 min 30 sec)
BattleDude is online now Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Today, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by frieslander
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Cold, rainy, and nasty here. Perfect for flying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr4iw4LSODs
And as usual, a nice flight, wish I had your flying skills.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Today, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by jbrumberg
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
4,223 Posts
Kyle- Awesome . It looks like you found a new "point of departure"

The JD 455 (diesel) runs. It can go places where my NH can not and has a lot of torque and weight for its size. . Lots of hours on the engine . I probably will replace those rear tires with R1's (Ag tires).

Murray makes all these riders. They just meet some "requirements" for "brand" and change the hood and colors. The essentials are basically the same. Engines may change, but the POS HST transmissions unfortunately do not. . Even the (HST) engineers "report" that these POS HST's go for about 200 hours before they fail by design.. I suspected that I may have undersized my "lawn mower" needs/demands before/when I bought the D130. I hope I can get some warranty coverage. Honestly, 200 hours and I would not be whining and complaining. . I am practicing .
jbrumberg is online now Find More Posts by jbrumberg
Old Today, 06:22 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
4,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
And as usual, a nice flight, wish I had your flying skills.
Thanks Durk.

It is a direct result of allot of practice and determination. The stick movements have become automatic. Sometimes the airplane is so far out there that it is just a speck in my sight. I just rely on the instinctive movements of my thumbs to bring the speck around and back at myself!

Scary at times, but once a fella gets the hang of it, it's not to bad.

bd
Old Today, 06:28 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
4,697 Posts
Quote:
Kyle- Awesome . It looks like you found a new "point of departure"

The JD 455 (diesel) runs. It can go places where my NH can not and has a lot of torque and weight for its size. . Lots of hours on the engine . I probably will replace those rear tires with R1's (Ag tires).

Murray makes all these riders. They just meet some "requirements" for "brand" and change the hood and colors. The essentials are basically the same. Engines may change, but the POS HST transmissions unfortunately do not. . Even the (HST) engineers "report" that these POS HST's go for about 200 hours before they fail by design.. I suspected that I may have undersized my "lawn mower" needs/demands before/when I bought the D130. I hope I can get some warranty coverage. Honestly, 200 hours and I would not be whining and complaining. . I am practicing .
Yeah, I flew of the end of the point. I usually don't fly there because there are too many people. lol

No, really, I try to fly where I don't disturb anyone.

You need a mower attachment for your tractor, don't you?
Old Today, 08:04 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
4,697 Posts
We are gaining on it...
Old Today, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by Crash Override
is always breaking stuff :D
Joined Dec 2014
480 Posts
Quote:
Once again, this is why I buy Craftsman and Kenmore. Not only do I know about the "requirements" for "brand" Sears demands, I know to what degree Sears leans on their vendors (Murray included). Those requirements boil down to this: Sears dictates the standards that must be met (or the vendor doesn't get the job), and Sears also dictates that those standards can not be exceeded by the vendor for the vendor's own brand(s) or any other brands the vendor produces for anyone else - or the vendor doesn't get the job. IOW the vendor can build almost as good, but not just as good or better than Sears - or no deal. Like Wal-Mart, Sears is big enough and moves enough merchandise to get away with this.

My 16 year old Craftsman tractor has never needed a major repair of any kind. (Yes, I just jinxed myself. LOL) The closest I got to a major repair was 1) replacing the brake pads in the transaxle (made by Dana, BTW), and B) replacing an idler pulley on the mower deck. Everything else that isn't still original is a maintenance part (things like spark plugs).
Crash Override is offline Find More Posts by Crash Override
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade Nano CP X (brushless...
Old Today, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by Acid Burn
Joined Mar 2015
111 Posts
Hello Boys!!

Didja miss me?

I am LOVING my new toy!! I'm not brave like Buzz tho.....I'm not sending it on a trip into the stratosphere. I would probably lose it forever.

Frost warning here too, so I got the little plants covered for the evening. Snow peas are an inch tall already. Can't wait to use them in some stir fry. Providing, of course, they survive The Boy. 14 year old boys eat A LOT.

He's excited because he gets to wear his kilt this Sunday. He, my daughter, and I are going to the Highland Games in Alma. Sadly, Crash has to work, so he'll miss it.

www.almahighlandfestival.com
Acid Burn is online now Find More Posts by Acid Burn
Old Today, 08:35 PM
Find More Posts by jbrumberg
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
4,223 Posts
Which tractor? The too big one or the ancient one? A decent attachment (finish mower) for the bigger tractor which is still too big and/or deck for the "ancient one" cost more than a rider. But it looks like a "rider" by design just can not do even the simple easy mowing job(s) around here....... a blown HST at 8.8 hours of lawn mowing without even using the grass collection. We'll see
jbrumberg is online now Find More Posts by jbrumberg
Old Today, 08:39 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
4,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Burn View Post
Didja miss me?

I am LOVING my new toy!! I'm not brave like Buzz tho.....I'm not sending it on a trip into the stratosphere. I would probably lose it forever.

Frost warning here too, so I got the little plants covered for the evening. Snow peas are an inch tall already. Can't wait to use them in some stir fry. Providing, of course, they survive The Boy. 14 year old boys eat A LOT.

He's excited because he gets to wear his kilt this Sunday. He, my daughter, and I are going to the Highland Games in Alma. Sadly, Crash has to work, so he'll miss it.

www.almahighlandfestival.com
Were you gone?
LOL JK
Have fun at the Games!

bd