SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 22, 2015, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by calde043
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2012
272 Posts
Discussion
Where to view what OSD's output look like?

Since there are a million OSDs it seems, I'm trying to find one that fits my liking. I fly a Blade 350QX so there isn't a lot of room internally on that to stuff something somewhere. I want something a little bit more capable than just voltage, but don't even know where to start looking. Most of these threads here have hundreds of pages. I would think there would be one that would give you the general layout/look of a specific OSD so that people in the market can get a feel for what they want.

Any tips or specific threads for help?

Would like voltage, signal strength, altitude and potentially GPS, but I don't know if signal strength can be had with a FC and receiver all together.
calde043 is offline Find More Posts by calde043
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2015, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by boogyman
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jun 2006
298 Posts
The best thing to do would be to find an osd with the features you want and then search YouTube for videos of it. Some of the popular options include minimosd + multiwii/APM/pixhawk, vector, storm/cyclops, arkbird, ezosd, tbs core.
boogyman is online now Find More Posts by boogyman
Old May 22, 2015, 10:23 PM
Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
445 Posts
I admit it's a little premature to recommend an OSD after only one flight. But I recently got the Remzibi OSD and I really like it. I have it on my 360 size quad and just had my first flight with it today.

The Remzibi has a lot of capability at a reasonable price. And the display is completely customizable so I can keep it simple to start with room to grow in the future.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old May 22, 2015, 11:23 PM
Joined Dec 2012
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
The best thing to do would be to find an osd with the features you want and then search YouTube for videos of it. Some of the popular options include minimosd + multiwii/APM/pixhawk, vector, storm/cyclops, arkbird, ezosd, tbs core.
Ya I would agree, but trying to find a semi up-to-date list in the pile of threads is almost impossible. I don't need something to tell me where my grandma is at, but something will some growth potential. I like the one that Jonboy showed below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
I admit it's a little premature to recommend an OSD after only one flight. But I recently got the Remzibi OSD and I really like it. I have it on my 360 size quad and just had my first flight with it today.

The Remzibi has a lot of capability at a reasonable price. And the display is completely customizable so I can keep it simple to start with room to grow in the future.
I like this! Is this only available through the forums? I was trying to find where a guy can get the pricing info and such, but didn't find a post that said so.
Old Yesterday, 05:49 AM
Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calde043 View Post
... don't need something to tell me where my grandma is at ...
That's funny. You can get the OSD from Remzibi directly. His email is listed in the first post of the Remzibi thread. He can answer any questions and give you a price. I paid 65 euro which is about $70.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Joined Aug 2012
1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calde043 View Post
Since there are a million OSDs it seems, I'm trying to find one that fits my liking. I fly a Blade 350QX so there isn't a lot of room internally on that to stuff something somewhere. I want something a little bit more capable than just voltage, but don't even know where to start looking. Most of these threads here have hundreds of pages. I would think there would be one that would give you the general layout/look of a specific OSD so that people in the market can get a feel for what they want.

Any tips or specific threads for help?

Would like voltage, signal strength, altitude and potentially GPS, but I don't know if signal strength can be had with a FC and receiver all together.

Take a look at the Skylark Tiny OSD. It shows everything that you want and really is tiny.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM
Joined Dec 2012
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
Take a look at the Skylark Tiny OSD. It shows everything that you want and really is tiny.
I've heard of that one. I'll take a gander. Thanks