HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2013, 04:12 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Oct 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbitz777 View Post
Anything new at MotionRC?...

I am bored flying the Vtail and Critical Mass (2 of each)!

70mm PNP jets under $150 would be sweet.
just got a new shippment Last week. A few new models. Have you seen them? I like the Stuka Ju!!!!
solodare is offline Find More Posts by solodare
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2013, 04:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbitz777 View Post
Anything new at MotionRC?...

I am bored flying the Vtail and Critical Mass (2 of each)!

70mm PNP jets under $150 would be sweet.
How about 64mm for 140?
Old May 08, 2013, 12:19 AM
They call me Dan
United States, MD, Lutherville-Timonium
Joined Jan 2013
324 Posts
The new red, and white Roc Waco looks sweet! Mine should be here in a couple days, along with a P-51B.......

I have been buying from Motion since they went online. My basement walls are filling up with Motion's planes alone! Tom, and Mark are great to deal with, and these FMS planes are only getting better! I'm really digging my V2 1400 T-28. So smooth, and on 5s it's quite speedy. It's a favorite at the club...... I'm hooked.....
sc4dr is offline Find More Posts by sc4dr
Old May 08, 2013, 08:47 AM
Joined Oct 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc4dr View Post
The new red, and white Roc Waco looks sweet! Mine should be here in a couple days, along with a P-51B.......

I have been buying from Motion since they went online. My basement walls are filling up with Motion's planes alone! Tom, and Mark are great to deal with, and these FMS planes are only getting better! I'm really digging my V2 1400 T-28. So smooth, and on 5s it's quite speedy. It's a favorite at the club...... I'm hooked.....
Can you let me know how the P-51B does? I have it on the self in the garage. Im still so new I crash every model I madien.
So Im being extra careful with this baby!
Old May 08, 2013, 11:19 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solodare View Post
Can you let me know how the P-51B does? I have it on the self in the garage. Im still so new I crash every model I madien.
So Im being extra careful with this baby!
What are you currently flying?

The hardest thing, but yet the funnest with this large warbirds is finding the stall point and throttle input for a good landing. If you new you most likely should get a plane that has a low stall point that a way your nailing your landings. If not you'll be ripping gear off , breaking retracts, and struts. Also the takeoff torque with this plane causes good amount of veering to the left without right rudder.

MotionRC has plenty of planes for beginners and you should inquire with em about a plane that would be a stepping stone to this P51B you have. Take your time and enjoy the hobby.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old May 08, 2013, 01:18 PM
Joined Oct 2012
185 Posts
[QUOTE=MotionRC has plenty of planes for beginners and you should inquire with em about a plane that would be a stepping stone to this P51B you have. Take your time and enjoy the hobby.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the time to help V8!
I have 13 models and I have crashed everyone Ive tried to madien so far. At this point after I build the models I just open the back door and chunk it out in the yard just to get it over with! then they fly great!!
Just kidding...
Im only flying two models at the moment. Ive scaled back until my skills pick up.
An AXN and a F-35 (50mm EDF)
the AXN Im belly landing and the F-35 Im gear landing. Both can almost land perfect under no power.
I have a F4U (800mm) that I bought just to help me build up to the P-51B. So I know some what about what your talking about. I bounced the first landing and the second one got a blade off the prop. No wind days are hard to come by here so Im just waiting to try again with the F4U. But its really not a good plane for a begginer at all. I'll ask the guys at motion but do you have any thoughts on a good trainer for warbird build up?
Just so this post isnt completely off topic. I just got the FMS FOX Glider from Motion and as always it looks fantastic and CS couldnt be nicer. Its a great time to be in the hobby. Having left BH as soon as I heard of Motion I know enough to guess How bad it can be out there!

I LOVE MOTIONRC !!!!
Old May 08, 2013, 01:37 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Parkzone t28. Great plane to learn with! If your flying 4 channel (which you already are) experiment with it. T28s are friendly (hence why they're trainers).

However the whole 800mm warbird series including the t28 are a handful! They're typically tail heavy and stall easily. Once you get them dialed in though they're a blast. I haven't seen or flown the V2s yet so some of those issues may be worked out.

My 800mm T28 V1:
FMS/Airfield 800mm T-28 Trojan: On Steroids (1 min 47 sec)

800mm T28 V1 with stability system:
FMS/Airfield 800mm T-28 Trojan w/ Stability System (6 min 48 sec)
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old May 08, 2013, 03:55 PM
Joined Oct 2012
185 Posts
[QUOTE=However the whole 800mm warbird series including the t28 are a handful! They're typically tail heavy and stall easily. Once you get them dialed in though they're a blast. I haven't seen or flown the V2s yet so some of those issues may be worked out.[/QUOTE]

The F4U is said to be nose heavy(from what I have heard). I've spent more time trying to get this one in CG then any other plane. I feel like im at least close enough but once it goes past dead flat even by a few degrees , all bets are off. Its hard to explain. I wounder if you guys know what Im talking about? its like theres water in the fuse and as the water runs to one end of course the weight shifts.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:03 AM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
New shipment

FMS 64mm

F-15 http://www.motionrc.com/fms-64mm-edf...-sky-camo-pnp/

Rafale http://www.motionrc.com/fms-64mm-edf-rafale-camo-pnp/

F-35 http://www.motionrc.com/fms-64mm-edf...ning-grey-pnp/
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old May 10, 2013, 01:31 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined May 2013
24 Posts
Got the Mini Petie P51. Gotta say.. I love it! Assembling that baby is easy and the flight was great. What I hate though is the props.... it sucks and it's best to buy spare props. I'm glad Motion have those props or else it'll be awhile before I take her out to fly again. Think FMS will make a much more sturdier prop for it?
DeSong is offline Find More Posts by DeSong
Old May 11, 2013, 11:48 AM
They call me Dan
United States, MD, Lutherville-Timonium
Joined Jan 2013
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSong View Post
Got the Mini Petie P51. Gotta say.. I love it! Assembling that baby is easy and the flight was great. What I hate though is the props.... it sucks and it's best to buy spare props. I'm glad Motion have those props or else it'll be awhile before I take her out to fly again. Think FMS will make a much more sturdier prop for it?
I have a v2 ferocious frankie, and I switched to a apc electric 7x6 2 blade prop.(even though I have 4 spare fms props) It actually fits enough to tighten the stock spinner over it. The drop tanks are off too. This plane is a blast to fly, with more speed using the 2 blade prop, and now it's a perfect belly lander.
sc4dr is offline Find More Posts by sc4dr
Old May 14, 2013, 08:19 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined May 2013
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc4dr View Post
I have a v2 ferocious frankie, and I switched to a apc electric 7x6 2 blade prop.(even though I have 4 spare fms props) It actually fits enough to tighten the stock spinner over it. The drop tanks are off too. This plane is a blast to fly, with more speed using the 2 blade prop, and now it's a perfect belly lander.
AWESOME!! Thanks for letting me know. Since I do have a few of those props laying around, I will try them...
DeSong is offline Find More Posts by DeSong