SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
I have one. Do you think a new "flash" will recover this board?

When I last flashed a board (KK v-3) I had a terrible time with my 64 bit machine. I then used a 32 bit laptop and it worked fine.

Is it just me?

Sudsy
I remember someone having a similar problem earlier in this thread. He could not get any input from pitch NOR roll. Re-flashing and doing a factory reset several times solved his problem. Maybe worth a try...
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RC911; Oct 10, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:23 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Gah, LCD light turns on, but nothing on the display and no response to inputs. Stripped all connectors and just tried one ESC at a time and I get the same behavior, lights on but nobody home.

What gives?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:52 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,335 Posts
Vtail fleet

...just wanna share some pix of my bad boys on my fleet...both are flying really good.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tesla 2-PVC Version
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,335 Posts
Vtail final set-up

....my latest one...will not go for further improvement...this is the final set-up.

RC911....would you mind sharing your VTAIL Settings ? I'm using the Vtail configuration that tech69x that he shared to me.Just the rest of your kk2-1.2v settings. PM me when you have time...Thanks
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CO2X2010; Oct 10, 2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: more
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:58 PM
United States, TX, Nassau Bay
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Gah, LCD light turns on, but nothing on the display and no response to inputs. Stripped all connectors and just tried one ESC at a time and I get the same behavior, lights on but nobody home.

What gives?

If you have the flash cord plug it into your computer and see if it comes on
Sandman43 is offline Find More Posts by Sandman43
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Apr 2007
46 Posts
Quote:

What gives?
Many of us have had this issue with the display and have been unable to correct it (see earlier posts). After much grief with customer support at Hobby King I mailed the board back ($7.50 with no tracking ... tracking would have cost more than the board). A few weeks later, and only after several posts on their "Complaints" forum I received a credit to my account for the price of the board but no shipping compensation. Someone posted that they had the same problem and obtained an RMA number via the HK website and not through customer service chat line as I did. I would go that route instead ... it'll save you further delay and frustration.

George
gkovachi is offline Find More Posts by gkovachi
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Sometimes it will come to life, but then freeze up again on another screen. So the display is still functional, but nothing feeding it. I will try flashing it to see if that makes any difference.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
I know from experience you can plug your esc in backwards and the board will light up but no text. It obviously won't hurt it because mine still works. If it works through you computer you ether have something plugged in wrong or you are not getting power through you M1 plug
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:38 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
hi all I need some advice my esc on my quad will not arm they just keep beeping about three times a second the if i then press menu on the kk2 the beeping slows to about once a second the rx led flashes rapidly I have re bound the rx several times I expect this is something simple

dx61
18 amp hk ss esc

Jeff
I can't be of much help but I have had the same problem.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
Hk ss 18 esc

I have the same ones. I had to to do a throttle calibration through the rx throttle plug individualy. then I did it again through the KK2 and it worked.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:55 PM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
i think ive seen something like this before... something about bad eeprom.. you can try flashing it with the Happy Sunday Aeroplane firmware and back to KK2 firmware but TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.... i dont know .. maybe search for the bad eeprom thing..
Did it but the problem remains.
It will run for few moments (from 2" to 15") and i can browse the menu during that period.
Then it will freeze up and i must recycle the power for it to work.
Now i am back to KK2 V2.1 but no luck.
I guess is busted.
The annoying thing is that this think could have happened while airborne!!!!!!!!!
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako View Post
It will run for few moments (from 2" to 15") and i can browse the menu during that period.
I guess is busted.
The annoying thing is that this think could have happened while airborne!!!!!!!!!
My symptoms are similar and its bad enough that power cycling no longer clears it, but waiting 10 minutes I might be able to bring up the version number.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
....my latest one...will not go for further improvement...this is the final set-up.

RC911....would you mind sharing your VTAIL Settings ? I'm using the Vtail configuration that tech69x that he shared to me.Just the rest of your kk2-1.2v settings. PM me when you have time...Thanks
I didn't change any setting except for the mixer values. I must be extremely lucky I guess...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako View Post
I guess is busted.
Quote:
My symptoms are similar and its bad enough that power cycling no longer clears it, but waiting 10 minutes I might be able to bring up the version number.
If you push down on the bottom of the LCD (i.e. where the flexible cable from the main board is attached to the display), will this bring back the text?
Someone else reported this problem earlier in this thread.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,335 Posts
Vtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
I didn't change any setting except for the mixer values. I must be extremely lucky I guess...
Ok. That's what I did too...changed the mixer values and just playing around with the Self-level setting every now and then.What # you have on the self level settings ? What 'bout height dampening ? Mine is flying good but ,just curious 'bout your settings..My Vtail is 2.720 lbs.,how heavy was yours ?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tesla 2-PVC Version