HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:12 AM
Waypoint Collector
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2012
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio.Active View Post
FLD-02 does not have the SD chip the best I can tell from the HK pictures and documentation.
Confirmed. I have one on my 9x/Er9x with FrSky DJT module. No SD card - display only.

Had I recognized the logging capability potential with the DHT-U, I would have gone that route instead.
TNug is online now Find More Posts by TNug
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2013, 11:26 AM
Hungary Hajduszoboszlo
Joined Jul 2008
77 Posts
Hi,

My second competition season just started, I finished my first 2 competition.
I am satisfied . 2 weeks ago F5J Intertour at Szeged Hungary i finished 4th place and also at F5J-400 category also 4th place.
Last week Budapest Cup I finish second place at F5J-400 category.

BR

Tamas
Varicopax is offline Find More Posts by Varicopax
Old May 02, 2013, 11:49 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
530 Posts
Radio.Active is offline Find More Posts by Radio.Active
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 12, 2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:16 AM
Hungary Hajduszoboszlo
Joined Jul 2008
77 Posts
Topic not too active, continue my previous post.

I finished the competition season and had several 2nd positions with the T9X.
I got lucky and won the Hungarian National championship in F5J-400-Alti category too.

I am proud

https://picasaweb.google.com/1143381...seg_Kupa_2013#
Last edited by Varicopax; Sep 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add picture link
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:14 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,552 Posts
Congratulations!

But wait, how could you be a national champion? You are flying a cheap radio! Don't you need an expensive radio to win big contests?

You posted a switch map and set-up file back in February. Have there been any updates/improvements?

Still using Open9X?

Still using FrSky?
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Sep 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 03:41 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,275 Posts
No competition winner here - just someone having fun with this transmitter (with Open TX) for 3 seasons now.

This transmitter saved my plane a few weeks ago. On my second flight, I lost my rudder control (servo) in my RESM ALES plane. Normally, this would be time to pick up pieces flying only elevator and motor (I do know someone whom landed fine in the past successfully but I am not that skilled). Anyway, I use independent servos for spoilers and had previously set them us as spoilerons (not even sure if that is real name but you get the idea). I landed it at my feed and plane was saved. I am not sure what other transmitters or systems (Aurora, Futaba, Airtronics) have the programming flexibility to even do something like this...

Of course the other feature I swear by due to FrSky is the RSSI - which I consider to be a safety feature - it really is good knowing that your receiver is seeing a strong signal from your transmitter when flying way out "there". Flying without this seems like flying with the assumption that I am in control. Nothing like hitting a strong turbulent section of air and KNOWING that it is not the plane or radio but in fact the air.

Scott
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Sep 15, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hungary Hajduszoboszlo
Joined Jul 2008
77 Posts
Hi,

Thank you.
I decided to not change my mapping and version during the season. I had some bad experience with it. Lost my expos and curves one time, almost I have to set up my plane again 2 days before competition day.

I plan to update to the latest opentx and want to try 2 features, one is the snap flap and the second is the throttle on startup then crow for the rest of flight.

One improvement to my radio/thermal flying is to add an old 35Mhz antenna(just ducktape it) and monitoring the windshifts during flight and before start.
If somebody knows how can officially put back 35MHz antenna, dont hold it back, I think for thermalling is must have.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1143381...34438703549682

Thats me watching/waitng for windshift before start.

Thank you
Tamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
Congratulations!

But wait, how could you be a national champion? You are flying a cheap radio! Don't you need an expensive radio to win big contests?

You posted a switch map and set-up file back in February. Have there been any updates/improvements?

Still using Open9X?

Still using FrSky?
Last edited by Varicopax; Sep 15, 2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: add link
Old Oct 28, 2013, 08:33 PM
Little Red Plane
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Dec 2012
586 Posts
Guys'
I'm near completion of a full house ALES sailplane and would like some suggestions and help with programing my 9X flashed Turnigy TX.
I'll be using the FrSky module and the 8 channel RX. I have the Smartie Parts board installed and eepe loaded in my pc.
I'm quite new at this programing stuff so please be patient with me if I need a lot of hand holding as I go through this.
My plane has the standard rudder, elevator, ailerons and flaps. I would like to have the motor on the throttle switch, not on the throttle stick.
Thank you in advanced for your help,
Garry
GarryOgilvie is offline Find More Posts by GarryOgilvie
Old Oct 29, 2013, 04:58 AM
Hungary Hajduszoboszlo
Joined Jul 2008
77 Posts
Hi,

I use the trainer switch for the motor and pot2 to control the throttle, 99% its full, but when you need to test then its handy.

Here is my throttle settings
On your channel in the mixes page set

-100% MAX
-100% P2 Switch(TRN)

Be aware it can be +/-100% settings depending your ESC throttle sensing!!!!!!!

Try it carefully it may turn on with full throttle, better to check it first which is your null throttle settings.

BR
Tamas
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:08 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,552 Posts
Best to play with throttle mixes with the prop removed.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:20 AM
Little Red Plane
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Dec 2012
586 Posts
Right now I'm not using the motor battery since I'm just doing the initial set up.
Once I get a template or my programing closer I'll attach the motor battery and make sure that things work the way they need to without a prop on the motor.

Anyone have any good templates out there?
GarryOgilvie is offline Find More Posts by GarryOgilvie
Old Oct 29, 2013, 04:27 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2013
615 Posts
Thoren is offline Find More Posts by Thoren
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thoren; May 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 01:06 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined May 2014
2 Posts
Calypso Glider

I am fairly newbie to the rc hobby but I love it. I am using the Turnigy 9x for my Flyzone Calypso electric sailplane. Question. What expo rates do you recommend for someone beginner to intermediate on the turnigy 9x?
EddieFC02 is offline Find More Posts by EddieFC02
Old Aug 15, 2014, 03:27 AM
DS will change your life
Danmark, Nordjylland, Sæby
Joined May 2010
1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieFC02 View Post
I am fairly newbie to the rc hobby but I love it. I am using the Turnigy 9x for my Flyzone Calypso electric sailplane. Question. What expo rates do you recommend for someone beginner to intermediate on the turnigy 9x?
I use 40% on elevator and rudder and 50 % on ailerons on new planes on my Spektrum.
When I was using the 9x I felt I should go 5% up with the )x compared to the Spektrum to give the same feeling.

But I would say around 50 % would give a good feeling with the plane.

(For me at least)

Cheers
Soren
SpeedsterDEN is offline Find More Posts by SpeedsterDEN
Old Aug 15, 2014, 06:59 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,552 Posts
Expo is a very individual thing. There is no need to use expo at all.

I never put expo on rudder for gliders. If I use it at all it is on elevator and ailerons only.

Some may only use expo in thermal settings.

I have a friend who uses reverse expo which makes his glider more responsive.

Just because your radio has a feature does not mean you should use it. It is there to solve a problem or enhance control, but only if you need it.