SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:41 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,017 Posts
Tower...buy a bunch and use your Tower Savers Club discount..... I just bought 12 servos and three ESCs, and with the discount for buying multiple servos and the saver club, I saved $100.00

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:56 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Guess who's getting to train in a full motion 747 Sim tomorrow? This guy I'll take pics and some video for y'all. It's one of Southwest's sims.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:57 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Guess who's getting to train in a full motion 747 Sim tomorrow? This guy I'll take pics and some video for y'all. It's one of Southwest's sims.
Very cool!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:03 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
I know there are a few heli guys around here... I recently picked up the new Blade Nano CPx and I'm loving it. You should consider getting this thing. It's virtually indestructible and it's a great learning platform...

Today I was working on inverted circuits. This thing lets me practice with confidence.

Blade nCPx - Sport Flying (3 min 53 sec)
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:04 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
so with toddsmodels no longer up and running where is the cheapest place to pick up hitec servos
I just bought a replacement 225MG from ServoCity for a decent price. Also Tom'sRC if you need like 4 at a time.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:11 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I know there are a few heli guys around here... I recently picked up the new Blade Nano CPx and I'm loving it. You should consider getting this thing. It's virtually indestructible and it's a great learning platform...

Today I was working on inverted circuits. This thing lets me practice with confidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3s0T...ature=youtu.be

So do you think this one is better, more Stable than the mCPX?

Are the Batts same type, just half the value at 150mAh? (haven't looked) for weight reduction?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:13 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3s0T...ature=youtu.be
excellent heli skills there, you should get something in the 500-600 size
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:13 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,586 Posts
If not buying local... for the "In my hand today" factor, and for supporting your local businesses...
I've been looking at Chief Aircraft, lately, for Hitec servos, at least.
Hard to find better deals, and I've had good luck the couple times I've ordered from them.
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:24 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
So do you think this one is better, more Stable than the mCPX?

Are the Batts same type, just half the value at 150mAh? (haven't looked) for weight reduction?
I personally think its way better than the mCPx because it's only marginally smaller but it's so dang light that it's nearly impossible to break! The tail also holds no matter how hard you try to make it blow out. AND... You can dial down the pitch and rates for excellent indoor flying fun. I could fly the mCPx inside but I was always nervous became if I were to hit something there was gonna be damage. Not with this little guy.

And it's only $150 for the BNF and that comes with two 150mah batts. I bought three more and I'm good.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:26 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
excellent heli skills there, you should get something in the 500-600 size
Thanks man. I just kinda dabble with helis. I'm much more note interested in planes. I have this one and the 130x and between those two I'm thrilled. I might get a 500 sized heli one day but for now this scratches my itch just fine!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:37 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Very cool!!

SteveT
Yeah! I'll let y'all know if I can do rolling harriers in a 747! I'm going to try
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:51 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Nice heli flying. Seriously debating getting one. Maybe put it on the Xmas list. Hehe. Of course my wife will be like you don't fly the one you have. Grrr. Lol.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:18 PM
Team Hillbilly 🐘💨
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2010
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Yeah! I'll let y'all know if I can do rolling harriers in a 747! I'm going to try
If its Southwest, it's probably a 737 sim. That is the only aircraft they fly. Have a great time.

I get to fly the sim every six months at my job. Embraer 170
bullittjeff is offline Find More Posts by bullittjeff
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:53 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
OH Yeah....

RV rental reservation complete for JOE NALL 2013!!

A 30' RV with Cruise America totals to about $675 including tax and mileage for 5 nights and 300 miles....Next year should be a lot of fun at Nall...and more comfortable for sure, especially for the rest of the family...Sleeping on a cot in my trailer is always OK with me...but the wife didn't care so much for tent sleeping near running generators this year.

I can't wait...is it May yet...
Not a bad price, IMO. What are you doing for pick up? Is there a Cruise America near Knoxville. I don't think they have one in Louisville.
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:04 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,563 Posts
help me everyone! can i use this battery alarm for a 6S battery safely? its going in a 900$ plane and i dont want to chance it if it isnt good. any suggestions for a BETTER one? not a monitor but an alarm that beeps at a low voltage.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...onitor_6S.html
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10