Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:46 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Discussion
GreatPlanes Slinger

Hi folks,

I have a mates GP Slinger at the moment that i want to get flying for him. I tried the other day but it seemed even with the CoG correct, it was snap rolling backwards like crazy. I tried and tried to trim it out, but none of my mates at the time knew where the trims were on my tx, it was going nuts so i couldnt take my thumbs off quick enough and it ended up in the tallest aussie gum tree in the country i reckon. After hours and hours of different methods it ended up getting blown down by wind!! (if anyone knows aussie gum trees, they are near impossible to climb or i would have gone up myself)

Anyway, am i right in saying its going to have to be a bit nose heavy? I want to re-try it today but i want someone that owns one to give me a bit of advise as i dont know anyone that does own one, i have a Zagi myself and i fly that fairly nose heavy with no problems.

Anyway, some advise would be awesome as i dont want my mate (new to the hobby) to be put off flying as it would be great to have someone to fly with as he had a bad experience with his first J-Power Cessna 182.

Cheers,

Alan.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2011, 02:41 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Not to worry, i just made it slightly nose heavy and did a few glide tests with a good result and the wing only needed minor trim adjustments and flew great.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Sep 04, 2011, 10:12 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,296 Posts
I don't think you made it nose heavy at all. I think you just balanced it properly.

It will loop like that when it's quite tail heavy. If it's just a little tail heavy it is very hard to control a turn without over correcting. If it's nose heavy the only ill effect is the constant up elevator needed to keep it in the air.

SB
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:40 PM
wbuttry
sikeston mo
Joined Apr 2009
368 Posts
i havr had four of them and nose heavy is better for them and running 350 watts with a 6x4 prop and 2200 kv ducted fan motor is very bad for them hehehehe
wbuttry is offline Find More Posts by wbuttry