HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Do you can help me?

Hi Guys!

First, sorry for my bad english. Well, I bought a Align T-Rex 700 F3C, with JR-XG8.
Now, Im trying to install an FPV System with a basic OSD Pro Eagle Tree (OSD Pro+ GPS V4+ELogger V4).

Everyones diagrams that I saw here does'nt represent well mine system. My doubt is how to power these Eagle Tree Components. Remember that my heli has 2 batteries with 6s each one, in serial connection (12S, about 50V, 10A) for motor supply and a 2S 2200mA for receiver.

Can someone help me?
Fernando Martins is offline Find More Posts by Fernando Martins
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Updated diagram

Now I have soldered everything up and attached you find the new wiring diagram. Changes made from the last diagram include correctly connecting the channels of my Futaba reciever to the OSD, not using audio via the OSD and measuring the video battery (using a 15 kOhm resistor and connecting the battery + to the Tmp 2 on the OSD).
weiland is offline Find More Posts by weiland
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:44 AM
Joined Feb 2011
472 Posts
Here is my Twinstar Wiring.
Did i something wrong ?
What could be done better?

WING

FUSELAGE
V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:25 PM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
837 Posts
How to i wire the audio on my camera? its 12v and has built in audio? does the audio wire got to the signal side of audio in? does it need a earth?
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:18 PM
Just Starting..
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
HoverThings with ET OSD

Here is my first draft of a high level diagram with OSD from Eagletree and DJI NAZA - I am really new to all of this and have been reading, lurking and consuming all the material I can find. Not sure this is correct yet - so I am most interested in your comments and suggestions. One thing I am wondering about is the battery sub-system for the vTX and camera - do I need a BEC ??? or just hook direct?
Kosmos is offline Find More Posts by Kosmos
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:18 PM
SemperFi!
United States, TX, Texarkana
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Hey everyone,
Can somebody please show me a wiring diagram, I just upgraded from 3s to a 4s setup. I received my regulator and LC filter today and need a diagram that also shows an external BEC in there setup, please and thank you.

If you can't provide a diagram please give me a thorough explanation of where these items are placed.

Thanks again,
Brian

PS, my audio/video equipment is all 12 volts.
BriGuy82 is offline Find More Posts by BriGuy82
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:44 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmos View Post
Here is my first draft of a high level diagram with OSD from Eagletree and DJI NAZA - I am really new to all of this and have been reading, lurking and consuming all the material I can find. Not sure this is correct yet - so I am most interested in your comments and suggestions. One thing I am wondering about is the battery sub-system for the vTX and camera - do I need a BEC ??? or just hook direct?
I'm trying to wire Eagle Tree Pro, GPS and e-logger v4 to my naza. When I try to connect the motors to the eagle tree, like how you have it in your diagram, then out to the naza, I just get a continuous beeps.

Did you figure it out on how to hook it up?
solosailor is offline Find More Posts by solosailor
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:10 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
solosailor,

OSD Pro does not presently support multirotor function.

You should just hook up the video, and possibly aux1 & 2, and bypass the control inputs, and outputs.

Eagle tree is presently working on a multirotor flight controller.

Please see this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1763092

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by solosailor View Post
I'm trying to wire Eagle Tree Pro, GPS and e-logger v4 to my naza. When I try to connect the motors to the eagle tree, like how you have it in your diagram, then out to the naza, I just get a continuous beeps.

Did you figure it out on how to hook it up?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:42 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
solosailor,

OSD Pro does not presently support multirotor function.

You should just hook up the video, and possibly aux1 & 2, and bypass the control inputs, and outputs.

Eagle tree is presently working on a multirotor flight controller.

Please see this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1763092

-Mike
Thanks Mike.
solosailor is offline Find More Posts by solosailor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:10 AM
GoThe Distance
United States, NJ, Moorestown
Joined Feb 2012
68 Posts
Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpled View Post
Thanks for the quick responses, so to summarise my understanding so far...

I had forgotten about power to rx, and I think your advising that the BEC should go straight to the rx to give me a fallback on control if I lose power to from the main 3s somewhere in the spagetti. No need to split this (Y) to the v4 eLogger as well? Presumably I still need to snip the power wire on connection #16?

When you mention the BEC tapping of the ESC side rather than the BATT side #18 did you mean the probe #19? I had assumed the BEC should be tapped off before any other component to safeguard agains a similar spagetti failure.

I will redraw and include the rx as you suggest.

Audio, thanks, I hadn't picked up that the only using the right audio channel so will amend #5 to attach where #6 currently sitts, then lose #6 entirely.

In terms of video power, the FS TX appears to put +5v out on wire #8, to keep the cabling tidy I had planned to pass the +5v through the OSD #8 on the video red pin with the shared ground #9 on the black. I had assumed I could pick these up on the out side #10 and #14. Should I just bypass the OSD and make these connections direct between FS TX and FS CAM?

#20 is the 3p balance lead, this plugs straight into the supplied FS socket, was being lazy so didn't show all three wires

I'll work on a revamped diagram and repost it later tonight. Thanks for your interst and help so far. Cheers.

Harry
If you are only using 3S I would reconsider using a BEC which are typically used in 4S and higher setups.
A914freak is offline Find More Posts by A914freak
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:00 AM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
I had to install a 3k ohm resistor between my audio out and my vtx. Actually, I'm bypassing my audio in on my Eagle Treee OSD and running a "y" off the OSD out for audio with the resistor. So my cam and vtx are connected directly to each other with the resistor coming from the audio out.

Long story short, I wansnt getting audio from my OSD. Only when I jumped it to my cam and vtx. Sent the OSD in, got it back las wk. I'm now getting my live reports such as altitude and speed from the OSD. But I still wasnt getting audio from my cam!

The resistor did help! Still somewhat muffled, and not as crisp as if I would run cam to
Vtx, but acceptable variable. Im happy.. By the way, ET reccomended this resistor, and for you all to know, I did not see any difference between 3k and 10k. So I went with the smallest one.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:59 AM
Winter Sucks!!
United States, WI, New Berlin
Joined Aug 2002
751 Posts
Hey, I just want to make sure I got this right........are you saying that the Eagle
Tree Osd that I bought for fpv is useless on the Quad I am presently building ?

I also have the Eagle Eyes FPV station and logger.

I bought it originally for a FPV plane but never installed it in the plane

Should I be looking at something different for a quad?

Thanks,
Randy
romans1015 is offline Find More Posts by romans1015
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:02 AM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Yes the ET system is not currently compatable with quads..

BUT

Check this out, I don't have a quad but this is built for quads and has a gps as well for RTH. You can even use it in fixed wing. Its not to expensive either.. FliteTest gives it two thumbs way up!

http://flitetest.com/articles/ArduPilot_Mega_2_5

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans1015 View Post
Hey, I just want to make sure I got this right........are you saying that the Eagle
Tree Osd that I bought for fpv is useless on the Quad I am presently building ?

I also have the Eagle Eyes FPV station and logger.

I bought it originally for a FPV plane but never installed it in the plane

Should I be looking at something different for a quad?

Thanks,
Randy
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:20 AM
Winter Sucks!!
United States, WI, New Berlin
Joined Aug 2002
751 Posts
Interesting! Unfortunately, I already bought the KK2 controller
Can I still use the ET system for video and tracking as I suppose with the
Quad, as I wont be going that far, I dont necessarily need the OSD feature(although it would be nice )

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriGuy82 View Post
Yes the ET system is not currently compatable with quads..

BUT

Check this out, I don't have a quad but this is built for quads and has a gps as well for RTH. You can even use it in fixed wing. Its not to expensive either.. FliteTest gives it two thumbs way up!

http://flitetest.com/articles/ArduPilot_Mega_2_5
romans1015 is offline Find More Posts by romans1015
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:22 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
You can run video and audio through the osd, and use the gps and sensors,
but you don't want to run any of the controls through it. It doesn't support the quad functions.

ET is presently working on a FC.

I'm waiting patiently for it. It should be a nice system. The thing I am looking forward to most is the OSD, and the antenna tracking (telemetry), but it should give us much more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans1015 View Post
Interesting! Unfortunately, I already bought the KK2 controller
Can I still use the ET system for video and tracking as I suppose with the
Quad, as I wont be going that far, I dont necessarily need the OSD feature(although it would be nice )
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson