HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BlazingStar, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:59 PM
WLV, CA
Joined Aug 2005
2,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR600RR View Post
Bump!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say hello. I live in Oxnard, but work in TO and am looking for places to fly around here. Preferably with lots of room. I used to fly an EZ* (years ago) and am looking to get back into it. I want to maiden my EZ Glider (non-electric) that never got in the air and am also looking into the MiniMag which I've been flying on the sim for a couple days. I'm excited to get back into it, but I just need to know there are places to fly around here. I used to fly the EZ* around smaller lots/parks, but with the EZ glider & MiniMag, I want more room.

~Phil
Hey Phil,

You might want to try contacting TOSS (Thousand Oaks Soaring Society) for the best places to get the glider up. I don't know of anybody flying non-powered gliders.
As for where to fly, we fly anywhere we can. The Conejo Quiet Flyers have an agreement with parks that allow them to fly at Ventu and Wildwood park. For those venues they do ask that you belong to AMA. Flyandi has posted some good info (and video) of some flying sites. Good luck and welcome to Conejo flying.
IH8VTEC is offline Find More Posts by IH8VTEC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,858 Posts
Who if anyone, knows of this place for electrics in Camarillo called "Bob's Field Park Flyers" on Ventura Ave at Vineyard??

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/maps.php?

Does it still exist?

I work in Port Hueneme and am looking for a place to fly a small electric in the afternoons after work.

Thanks,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:59 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,212 Posts
I've been there before but not to fly.
It's a large dirt parking lot.
the grass field is very nice but fenced and a lot of club soccer is played there.
The only flying I saw was a line person in a corner of the dirt lot.

I'd say give it a try! If you can get on the grass it would be sweet. It's like a putting green. Big enough for a park flyer like the PZ Gunfighter.

Let us know how it goes...
BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:57 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,858 Posts
Ok, will do....
Thanks for the prompt reply.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target