Oct 08, 2010, 11:49 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Thread OP
In SS/C I did once ask what the language standard was, after getting dinged for using "submarine" and "trombone" in an innuendoish way. Admin dodged the question, which I thought odd. But then, things that Ren & Stimpy said under Y7 are not allowed here.

It's like 'Da Rules' (ref: Fairly Odd Parents) don't want to restrain themselves to a published standard, but leave themselves open to unilateral interpretation at any time.

So be it. I'm not a language libertine. I mute all but the mildest expletives (hell, damn) in public speech, even with family and friends. I don't consort with people whose every 3rd word starts with F.

But come on, submarine and trombone? The moderation staff and some of the userbase can definitely be overzealously hypersensitive.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2010, 02:07 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
In SS/C I did once ask what the language standard was, after getting dinged for using "submarine" and "trombone" in an innuendoish way. Admin dodged the question, which I thought odd. But then, things that Ren & Stimpy said under Y7 are not allowed here.

It's like 'Da Rules' (ref: Fairly Odd Parents) don't want to restrain themselves to a published standard, but leave themselves open to unilateral interpretation at any time.

So be it. I'm not a language libertine. I mute all but the mildest expletives (hell, damn) in public speech, even with family and friends. I don't consort with people whose every 3rd word starts with F.

But come on, submarine and trombone? The moderation staff and some of the userbase can definitely be overzealously hypersensitive.

Kinda...... sorta...... Was your use of the words suggestive? It might not always be the exact words that cause issue. It might rather be on how clear the suggestiveness is of the words used. And then other times the same words used in a suggestive way might not hit the radar.

Just thinking out loud and adding food for thought.
Oct 09, 2010, 01:25 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Thread OP
I obviously can't repeat the phrases but they were only 3 words each, one word of which was 'submarine' and 'trombone' and one other word in both was 'the'. How much offense can one write using 'the', 'submarine' and an innocuous verb?

When I was called on it, I googled the exact phrases and nothing dirty or suggestive came up. I mean, if google doesn't know it's dirty, how genuinely offensive can it be? But rather than argue over it, I just deleted the entire entry.

Anyhow, the topic pritmuch ended at frame 5 or a little beyond. Not gonna lock it, but think it gone beyond its usefulness (if any).
Last edited by arbilab; Oct 09, 2010 at 01:35 PM.
Oct 09, 2010, 08:36 PM
Suspended Account
Since we're discussing RcGroups rules would the title of this thread be a personal attack against me?

Ken
Oct 09, 2010, 08:48 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
Anyhow, the topic pritmuch ended at frame 5 or a little beyond. Not gonna lock it, but think it gone beyond its usefulness (if any).
So you still don't like me and think I'm a Loo-Loo?

Ken
Oct 09, 2010, 08:52 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlken
Since we're discussing RcGroups rules would the title of this thread be a personal attack against me?

Ken
Hi Ken , I dont think it was an attack since the original poster wasnt calling YOU a "LuLu" , it was your POST he was referring to with that word - most specifically that the content of your post must have been pretty bad to warrant such immediate moderator intervention on a weekend ( a time when moderation has been known to be a bit slow in the past) .

Now by all means , if you think you were attacked , you know you have the option of reporting the post - but remember - the mods take a pretty dim view of unfounded reports , sometimes to the extent of giving the reporter points for unwarrented reporting

Now do you really think the original post was an attack ?
Oct 09, 2010, 08:57 PM
Suspended Account
I was just rattling their cages lol I don't feel that way at all about a personal attack and the title of the thread could say KnlKen is the biggest terd on earth lol and wouldn't bother me

Ken
Oct 09, 2010, 09:00 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlken
I was just rattling their cages lol I don't feel that way at all about a personal attack and the title of the thread could say KnlKen is the biggest terd on earth lol and wouldn't bother me

Ken
Well , I hope you know no one here thinks bad of you - to have come back and Apologized for the content of your post really raised your reputation here in most people's minds
Oct 09, 2010, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun
Well , I hope you know no one here thinks bad of you - to have come back and Apologized for the content of your post really raised your reputation here in most people's minds
I'd say it raised his reputation about a hundred fold...

Most people go down kicking and screaming like they were being targeted by the mods, and the object of a witch hunt. Ken took the high road and I am proud to know him!

I've made posts that were rash, and that I wish I could have taken back after I made them. When the mods said to me "What were you thinking?" I simply edited them, or deleted them.

And now, once again, being an old cuss, I forgot what the hell I was talking about to begin with ... LOL

Chuck
Oct 09, 2010, 09:18 PM
Suspended Account
Well said My Friend
Oct 09, 2010, 09:20 PM
Suspended Account
I appreciate that! I think we all know whats rite from wrong from what we type or say if its offending or not. The word submarine isn't a bad word but I'm sure we could all find different ways to offend someone with any word really. I don't think the rules are that bad here but you will always have several people that get offended real easy no matter what on here or real life and will never be able to please everyone no matter what the rules are. Kind of reminds me when I was Y7(younger) when all the kids said, "I'm Telling on YOU!"

Ken
Oct 09, 2010, 09:39 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Thread OP
Didn't want to draw attention to you, Ken. From responses, you're square with everyone here. Can't speak for everyone, but I can readily lose my composure thinking about things better left unthought except when alone.

If the "edits it" link appears in the original post, the penalty point goes away when you highlight the offending text and type over it with anything, like "content deleted" or "I didn't mean to say that" or even just "...".
Oct 09, 2010, 10:17 PM
Suspended Account
Actually since I joined RcGroups that is the first time I got reported for anything and banned really quickly from my disrespectful post which was very well deserved. In real life I'm the same way when I make mistakes and have gotten myself in a lot of trouble when I was younger from being to honest lol. My youngest son always ends up telling on himself before everyone finds out lol. I'm still trying to get use to this Internet forum thing. One member asked me a couple months ago he was offended by the way I worded my post and asked me to edit it. I'm not that bad to get along with lol I deleted over 600 of my posts and asked him if he felt better and never heard from him again lol

Ken
Oct 10, 2010, 12:07 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
Thread OP
Ken, I broke the backspace key off my keyboard 5 years ago, censoring myself. Good thing the stub still works.

I've been censored here a half dozen times. Never for an outright vulgarity, but something subtle like 'submarine' someone objected to.

It's all water under the horse now. Carry on.

Quick Reply