Old Sep 01, 2015, 05:51 PM
Find More Posts by StayQuiet
United States, SC, Boiling Springs
Joined Jul 2011
152 Posts
Gallery
A few of my recent planes

Just a few of my recent builds.

The Demi Duster was built from Carstens plans. Originally designed for .15 glow power, I used an electric motor instead. The canopy on the plans was balsa. This one is actually made up of 7 individual pieces of Lexan glued together.

The Sig Midstar 40 was a kitbash. I designed nacelles that house two .25 equivalent brushless motors, counter rotating. Power is through two 2200 mAh 3s lipos in parallel, housed where the tank would normally be. Connections are accomplished in the nose, which is secured with magnets, to dual ESCs. Plenty of power on tap, and it flys like a dream!

Unfortunately (for me, at least) both were sold prior to moving. Just couldn't figure out a safe way to pack them up.

The Snafuey II is my own design, and my first attempt at designing my own in CAD. A 450 watt motor moves the 48" wingspan model through the air. The design features a wing mounting system that allows interchangeable wing designs to be fitted to the fuselage. One wing is open cockpit and flat bottomed for very slow, relaxed flying. The other is semi-symmetrical and has a closed cockpit to give it more performance and a different look.

Custom graphics (lettering and AMA number) on the planes is done by my wife, via her Cricut crafting machine.

A biplane is now in the works.
StayQuiet is offline Find More Posts by StayQuiet
to remove ads between posts