New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2015, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by roversgonemad
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggerdood View Post
Thanks for the tips! I'll be keeping a really close eye on it from now on, and I'll know what to do if it gets loose ...
I don't remember if the TW motor mount is plastic, but if it is, don't use loctite! Loctite, and other thread lockers will destroy the plastic.
roversgonemad is offline Find More Posts by roversgonemad
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2015, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by riggerdood
Joined Jul 2015
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by race58 View Post
In my case it was definately the battery. I have had experiences like what happened Sunday with other planes with older batteries,, what happens is the plane loses thrust and will not go to full power but is still able to fly.
I didn't recognize it last time and thought it was the lvc it was the same battery.

As far as the Beaver goes it flys great but with the large barndoor fuselage sides stronger wind can push it around some. There is an extensive thread on it here covering both land and water:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=Beaver

Whats cool about it is it comes with both wheels and floats .
Will definitely check out that thread - thanks! I know that if I do decide to get the Beaver, I'll need a better TX, so it's probably still a ways down the road for me ...
riggerdood is offline Find More Posts by riggerdood
Old Sep 02, 2015, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by riggerdood
Joined Jul 2015
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roversgonemad View Post
I don't remember if the TW motor mount is plastic, but if it is, don't use loctite! Loctite, and other thread lockers will destroy the plastic.
Sure looks like hard plastic to me, but I have no way of knowing for sure w/o taking off the motor, and I don't really want to do that. 'Course, it's that age old dilemma between preventative maintenance, and, "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"
riggerdood is offline Find More Posts by riggerdood