This thread is privately moderated by rogerflies, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 26, 2012, 02:00 AM
Trader Rating: 3
Thread OP
For Sale

F/S New 6" Winch Drum for Ford Longshaft

It'll fit a Ford longshaft motor with the standard shaft length. I'll include a piece of flat serpentine belt to go with the drum.

The outside diameter is 6", the hub is 2", and there is about 4" between the tapered end plates.

Price is $150 plus USPS priority mail shipping and insurance from ZIP 31757.

I ONLY accept United States Postal money orders, the kind you get at the post office. I can cash those when I ship the package, so there's no delay waiting for something to clear the bank.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
Trader Rating: 6
I can vouch for the quality .........

The one I bought gets alot of weekend use and is holding up
very well ...........
Feb 26, 2012, 04:33 PM
Trader Rating: 17
soarkraut
The product may be good.........
Its the method of payment that will repel most of us out here.
But, the seller has the right to ask any method of payment and any price.............
Feb 26, 2012, 11:23 PM
Trader Rating: 114
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarkraut
The product may be good.........
Its the method of payment that will repel most of us out here.
But, the seller has the right to ask any method of payment and any price.............
Feb 27, 2012, 04:00 AM
Thread OP
With a US postal money order, the buyer is assured that I got the MO and showed a photo ID when I presented it for payment at the post office. I'd be subject to postal fraud if I didn't uphold my end of the deal by shipping what I had advertised.

I'm also protected, since I walk out of the post office with cash in my hand after mailing the package. There's no chance an unscrupulous buyer will scam me with chargebacks at the bank or through PayPal. I'll spare you the details of how I've been burned in the past. I like to know for sure that I'm getting paid for what I sell.

I realize it's a little inconvenient to stand in line at the post office, but it's probably not as nearly as inconvenient as having to buy several thousand dollars worth of machinery and then learn how to make a really nice winch drum for yourself.
Feb 27, 2012, 08:39 AM
Trader Rating: 9
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
I'm with Roger. I have had real problems with PayPal. Postal MO works every time.
Feb 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
soarkraut
You are missing the point............
You said " MO works every time"...........ya sure for you!!!
How about me?
Now you have my Money, you have what ever you are selling, I have nothing. No Guaranteeing that you will pack it properly or address it right. or even ship anything.
OK, so you say that you are Trustworthy to do the right thing..........
Good, but you are also saying that I am scum and not to be trusted about anything.
Life is a two way street.........
Feb 27, 2012, 10:48 AM
Trader Rating: 5
Zeus
My winch has an old Cy Rahm drum. It works fine, but does not have the extra area outside the spool for a belt for a brake. Is there any reason to replace my drum with the type you sell? I launch RES woodies of various sizes, up to 13 ft. wingspan.
Feb 27, 2012, 06:51 PM
Thread OP
I'm seen a few people who are good at pedaling the winch, and they didn't need a brake to keep the line from fouling on the drum. If that's what you're doing, you don't need a brake.

Chances are that you will eventually let other people use the winch, and they may make a mess of the line. That's never fun.

I always wanted my winches to be "launch and walk away". I found most people switched all their attention to the plane as soon as it was off the line, and the winch had to fend for itself.
Feb 27, 2012, 07:17 PM
soarkraut
Good advise, Very well put..........
Can't envision a club winch without some sort of brake.

Quick Reply