HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2006, 06:36 PM
Joined Jun 2005
233 Posts
Discussion
The Jagwing walkalong glider

Here's a new walkalong glider design I came up with a few months back. It has excellent stall characteristics (just dips slightly till it regains flying speed), and it flies quite slowly. I think it actually takes advantage of vortex lift in the same way the full-scale delta-winged aircraft do. The plans I drew are for a copier paper version, but I recommend making it w/ 1/8" thick 1 lb density EPS white foam, for that, simply ignore the dashed folding lines, and the winglet cut lines although you'll want a bit of "up-elevator" at the trailing edge. Tape a twist-tie bent down on the nose for noseweight, add a vertical fin in the middle, and fly it w/ a 15" x 10" piece of cardboard angled under it. If you can cut the foam even thinner, say, 1/16" thick, you can cut and bend up the winglets as shown on the plan. My 1/8" thick white foam prototype weighs roughly 1/3 or 1/2 gram at the most and maneuvers quite nicely, though I've had lots of practice! Scroll down for attached jpeg. image.
Flyingwingbat1 is offline Find More Posts by Flyingwingbat1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:30 PM
Micro Flyer, Big Poster
Joined Feb 2005
1,390 Posts
Very nice! I'll have to go give her a try.
Pete P is offline Find More Posts by Pete P