Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
Thunder Tiger 999 electric

Hi guys new to the whole rc bike thing, raced and built touring,drag and offraod and decided to play my hand with a bike I ran across a tt 999 electric very cheap, but i want to convert it to nitro . My question is can i order all the parts for the nitro version chassis and put them on this chassis motor mounts,tank,etc, any help would be greatly appreciated
sinistercustomz is offline Find More Posts by sinistercustomz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:12 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,105 Posts
ups... think it would be cheaper to buy a Nitro Version of it instead.
Here are the exploded views of the two versions, you will need to buy
close to everything of the nitro in spares. Maybe you can use a few
screws the hubs and parts of the fork.

Apart from that those bikes are very old and need a lot of tuning and experiance
to work. Once they are able to drive somehow the performance will never even
get close to the cheapest modern RTR.

Can you already drive a RC bike? If not trying it with a nitro might not be the best
of ideas.
edi.winter is online now Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:40 PM
Vzzznnnn...
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Oct 2010
220 Posts
Yeap, Edi is right.

I start the RC bikes with a nitro one (a clone of TT1n) and ... I spend more time to tune than to drive. So is now resting, providing spares for my other RCs

I was looking to convert my nitro to electric, just right the opposite you want, and I found out that you need to change the frame too. It just not worths the money. If you really want a nitro bike, get it ar a RTR. Don't go in modifications from day zero.
vegos is offline Find More Posts by vegos