HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:37 AM
United States, WI, Antigo
Joined Sep 2012
41 Posts
Help!
help with Cessna 182

Has anyone run these and are they any good any thing wrong with then do they need up and infor would help thing of buying one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180989083552...84.m1423.l2649
fishmanpuffer is offline Find More Posts by fishmanpuffer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:49 AM
United States, NY, Center Moriches
Joined Feb 2012
157 Posts
Has anyone run these and are they any good any thing wrong with then do they need up and infor would help thing of buying one

Are you a new pilot ? If so its the wrong choice. If not its a decent second plane although I dont know if the flaps are needed on that plane.
John S. is offline Find More Posts by John S.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:11 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,771 Posts
If it's anything like my Flyzone Cessna 182 Skylane Select Scale, no, it is not a good plane to start with if you are a noobie. If you are an experienced flier, then the Cessna will surprise you on how stable it is.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmanpuffer View Post
What?
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Apr 2011
4,771 Posts
Yeah, I had to read that really, really slow. He seems to be one of those "left behind."
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:19 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,183 Posts
Quote:
I agree with the others. This particular model you are referring to is the older version which is not suitable for beginners. Skyartec has a new and improved version.

The big difference between this latest version is that it has an improved 7 channel LCD 12-memory transmitter with a 5 channel receiver and a 3G3X 3-axis gyro auto stabilization system. This auto stabilizing system can be set from "beginner mode" all the way to "zero stabilization mode" which will allow total control by the pilot.

The manufacturer claims that with 3G3X, this model is suitable for beginners and advanced pilots.

I have ordered the latest version and will confirm through test flights if the manufacturer's claim is true.
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:08 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,357 Posts
Quote:
This is the same Cessna available from Hobby King and many other outlets ...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6331

It is a Skyartec product and is a very good follow on model from a trainer ...

The Ebay listing is actually false as this is NOT the only Cessna with Flaps ... there are many out there from various factorys ...

On my Youtube channel "solentlifeuk" - you will find many videos of this Cessna flying ... I've been model flying for more than 40yrs and this is one of my favourite models ... but you do need a few hours under the belt of a trainer - OR a LOT of SIM practice ... I mean a LOT of sim time ...

There are three items that need checking on this if you proceed to buy :

a) Hinges are not very well done on main wing by tape ... I replaced with proper hinges and they were then more precise. Tail hingeing only needs working to get the foam nice and free.

b) The nice vinyl stripes cross the hinge lines without a break - meaning they hold the surfaces stiff .. so a sharp knife to slice through iin line with hinge so that surfaces move freely.

c) Nose wheel - the grub screw fixing is not very good and you need to check that EVERY flight so as not to lose that leg and wheel ... ask me how I know !!

All spares for this model can be obtained direct from factory :

http://www.skyartec.com/Product.asp?BigClassName=Spare parts

Manual :
http://www.skyartec.co.uk/manuals/Cessna182_manual.pdf

Last word ... I fly mine with 3S LiPo's ranging from 1300 up to 2280mAh ... without any problem. The battery holder sits dead on the CoG point (halfway point of battery holder is CoG point) ... that you are free to fit any battery if it goes in ... a 1800 3S gives me over 7mins flight ... a 2100 over 10.

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:27 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Funny how they always sell it as a trainer...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:41 PM
United States, NY, Center Moriches
Joined Feb 2012
157 Posts

My first plane was a park flyers jump jet..They had it listed for the "experienced or new pilot..easy to fly...Yeah right..Instant lawn dart.
John S. is offline Find More Posts by John S.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:56 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post

My first plane was a park flyers jump jet..They had it listed for the "experienced or new pilot..easy to fly...Yeah right..Instant lawn dart.
Not so long ago - to get into RC flying was a visit to a proper Model Shop ... usually staffed / run by active modellers who knew what they were talking about ... steered you in right direction etc. Were always there to go back to when stuck.

Lately with the development of foam models, chinese production lines ... eBay etc. - the market has changed dramatically that anyone can buy literally any model they want without so much as a cough or sneeze of an experienced or knowledgable person to guide them. The advertising blurb is misleading ... here we have a Skyartec 182 that is blatantly lieing about it being only one of it's kind .... etc. etc. Not the fauult of Skyartec I add - but fault of seller. We have claims that beginners can fly models ... etc. etc.

It is sad that probably a lot of potential modellers are lost because of this get rich quick style of selling ..

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Apr 2011
4,771 Posts
Well, that is supposedly what these forums are for. Unfortunately, many newbies ignore advice in favor of price.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Hi I am looking for advise for what rc plane I should get for a first beginner plane. Iv done a couple of runs on a flight simulator and I seem to be alright. Iv been looking at planes and I'm not shore what I should get. Can u please help.
Kyle r Charteris is offline Find More Posts by Kyle r Charteris
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:49 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,009 Posts
Kyle, the smart money is on a truly RTF (ready to fly) plane, where everything needed to fly is in the box, the build quality is high enough that it WILL fly without modifications of any kind and which is backed by good customer service plus full availability of a complete inventory of every part on the plane.

This should be a plane which has been proven by teaching hundreds of unassisted newbies how to fly. And it needs to be durable enough and easy handling enough to put up with newbie mistreatment. These qualifications eliminate cut-rate suppliers like Nitroplanes or Hobby King for that first plane. Learning to fly is hard. Stack the deck in your favor as much as you can. Nobody will accuse you of cheating.

Planes which qualify:

Hobby Zone Champ
Hobby Zone Super Cub
Hobby Zone Firebird Stratos
Ares Gamma 370
Multiplex Easy Star

Please see this post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...30&postcount=6
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:06 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Thank you so much for ur comment and i will look in to each of the planes
Kyle r Charteris is offline Find More Posts by Kyle r Charteris
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:26 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle r Charteris View Post
Thank you so much for ur comment and i will look in to each of the planes
IMHO, HobbyZone Champ is the best for total beginners (even with Simulator time)
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604