Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Oct 2012
9 Posts
sorry it is with walkera firmware right now, to delete it can i use the walkera dfu tool, or do i use a different one? Ive tries the regular firmware upgrade to no avail but I havent tried to manually delete the library file first.

Thanks
djrocketodd is offline Find More Posts by djrocketodd
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:15 AM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
You don't have to delete anything from the transmitter, just the devo 10 firmware and library dfu files on your computer that you downloaded from walkera. Then re-download them from the Walkera site. Then try upgrading again.

What has happened is the library dfu file on your computer has become corrupted from clicking upload. If you want to double check, the devo-10 lib v0.2.dfu file should be 267Kb on your computer. If it is larger, it means the library from the transmitter has been added to it and it will not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrocketodd View Post
sorry it is with walkera firmware right now, to delete it can i use the walkera dfu tool, or do i use a different one? Ive tries the regular firmware upgrade to no avail but I havent tried to manually delete the library file first.

Thanks
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:54 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:

Thanks
What kind of battery do you have in? LiPO or NiMH or regular AA?
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:59 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
My 8S did this when I used a lipo pack, and the symptom went away when I went back to AA's.

Rafa

Quote:
I have this problem:

I have the walkera DEVO 10 when I turn on the unit it beeps and i get a saving please wait message, then it goes blank and does the same thing again, about 1 second between beeps, here is a photo of the screen, I've tried switched in different positions, ive tried updating firmware, downgrading firmware and nothing works.

Any Ideas???? please help

Can this be fixed somehow on my end with reprogramming it or something of the sort?
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:37 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
I have a question here will dsm2 with sbus receiver work? I was thinking of use on Autoquad 6 beta flight controller
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:22 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Here's a buddy code for a nicely dimensioned life battery for my Devo 8: http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...A-553A7A75E1B7
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:39 PM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Here's a buddy code for a nicely dimensioned life battery for my Devo 8: http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...A-553A7A75E1B7
That won't fit in devo8.
Change that to the 1700 instead.

Regards
Paul
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
It'll fit in mine. There's a tray that holds the 4 AA holder in and once removed there is a lot more room. Additionally I trimmed it out even more. I thought if I were to go to a lipo it'b be a life which is closest to 4 AA's 6 volts and try to get as close to the AA's capacity as possible.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:43 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,817 Posts
what if you remove the 4cell battery cage? i removed it in mine and i can get 1300 mah lipo in...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:11 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
It'll fit in mine. There's a tray that holds the 4 AA holder in and once removed there is a lot more room. Additionally I trimmed it out even more. I thought if I were to go to a lipo it'b be a life which is closest to 4 AA's 6 volts and try to get as close to the AA's capacity as possible.
Ok strange I have that one and I can't make it fit.
Please post a picture.
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
I have this battery:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

It doesn't quite fit, the lid would have to go down another 1mm to latch. I just put a piece of tape on it though. Also I did grind out the little ridge of plastic that runs up the middle of the compartment.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Yours is short and fat whereas mine is long and skinny, lol.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:00 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
I just use Rechargeable NiMH AA batteries. Last a good while don't have to pull out to charge, just use charge jack on TX. I use an old Futaba TX/RX charger that has a red LED on it which lights up when charging. It puts out around 200ma if I remember right. Also remember reading NiMH batteries don't have a memory problem.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
Yeah I used to use energizer recharge NiMH's. But I started to not like them since they take 8 hours to charge, and it seemed like I had to babysit them while charging, for some reason they would get really hot in the Energizer charger. I realize some heat is normal but I don't think they should be getting hot enough to burn my skin.

So i went away from those, and got this 11 dollar pack I can charge in 45 min. Plus with the LiPoFe4 pack the screen is a bit brighter.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
Quick question for someone who has original walkera firmware on their transmitter.

What happens if you cycle the tx off and back on after the model is bound and working? Will it re-bind after the tx is rebooted? Or does the rx just do a slow flash?