HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:37 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Well, i shouldnt say since it was "released." I should say when the information page on Horizonhobby.com was released. The weight+four bladed prop was discussed and anticipated as something we thought would make it sluggish, but hoped there was magic in the prop, i would say it was the main question we had after HH released the info. Im sorry if my previous post seemed to look down a bit on you, i think i was just a little irked that you thought the weight difference was a discovery, sometimes its hard for anyone to realize that re-explaining things is not a bad thing, and everyone takes in information at different rates, especially on the information hungry internet.
no just pointing out some findings as some like me don't read all 1621 posts that we are at now.. some I see in the past 8 or 10 pages have no idea like me why the sluggish feeling while flying this Spit..
also the P-51 2 blade did not help the plane much at all... something no one till now knew
interested in seeing if that Bravo motor would spruce this plane up.. may just sell mine and get the new A6M5 Zero 300
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:51 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Why would you prefer the Zero? Curious.
And btw, i didnt read all 1621 posts, however, i was reading the thread alot in the first weeks or months after the info was released, and was part of the questioning of how it would fly with all the weight and a four blade, im usually the kind of guy who likes specifications and what you can deduce from them, but what you've experienced with the two blade is new, and something that should be further tested.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:17 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,247 Posts
I dig the 2s size of the plane
I would prefer park flier planes that size
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:56 AM
Erich Parkmann
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2012
114 Posts
Ok so I know I've missed a bit of the conversation, but how sluggish do you mean? Is it just noticeable or is it intolerable? Should I pass this one up for a corsair instead?
ArticWolf is offline Find More Posts by ArticWolf
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:59 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaniac098202 View Post
Woot, came today, about 4 hours ago. Wasn't home at the time. Opened it up just now, looks nice! Picture bomb for you guys. Dunno if I can get a video though. T'was fun taxing around my house.
rcmaniac,

Nice pics! Nearly blew my iPad, but worth it

Your wing looks a bad fit though
Is it as bad as it looks?

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:12 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,478 Posts
Just wondering. Does everyone feel the plane has enough control authority? I know one of the first things people do with the Polecat is move the rudder pushrod in on the horn. How is the authority on the Spitfire?
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:23 AM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
465 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on this plane. I have never had or flown a micro before, looks like it will be fun to fly.
handyman 220 is online now Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:40 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
Just wondering. Does everyone feel the plane has enough control authority? I know one of the first things people do with the Polecat is move the rudder pushrod in on the horn. How is the authority on the Spitfire?
Well, somebody here said he was doing KE with the Spitfire. (Still picking up my jaw since then!!!). Must not be so bad if that's the case. I was more worrying about elevator/power but in the last video posted on youtube, the guy is making some very decent loops (lacking of power at the top, but hey, for me, it's more "airplane" like...

That was Airman!:
"Flys GREAT!!! Pretty fast for a brushed ultra micro. Very maneuverable. The ASX works pretty well, flys very smooth even when a little blustery, rolls are fairly quick and pretty axial, flys inverted with a little down elevator held in, knife edges well, landing is fine as long as you keep on just a touch of throttle. Flys even better without wheels, very easy to handlaunch as it has plenty of power and ASX keeps it very stable. It does indeed fly very smooth much like a bigger plane,, looks great in the air. The battery hatch is a GREAT improvement over old Velcro system, don't even really need the Velcro anymore. I was flying my e flite 300 brushless Zero as well and I'd say this spit had almost as much speed maybe 10-15% less, and I've radar clocked the zero at 47 mph. All in all id say they got a winner!!! Really can't find any negatives. Has a great power off glide without the wheels. Could easily be flown in a large baseball field by an experienced pilot. It's a blast to fly"
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:08 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Well, somebody here said he was doing KE with the Spitfire. (Still picking up my jaw since then!!!). Must not be so bad if that's the case. I was more worrying about elevator/power but in the last video posted on youtube, the guy is making some very decent loops (lacking of power at the top, but hey, for me, it's more "airplane" like...

That was Airman!:
"Flys GREAT!!! Pretty fast for a brushed ultra micro. Very maneuverable. The ASX works pretty well, flys very smooth even when a little blustery, rolls are fairly quick and pretty axial, flys inverted with a little down elevator held in, knife edges well, landing is fine as long as you keep on just a touch of throttle. Flys even better without wheels, very easy to handlaunch as it has plenty of power and ASX keeps it very stable. It does indeed fly very smooth much like a bigger plane,, looks great in the air. The battery hatch is a GREAT improvement over old Velcro system, don't even really need the Velcro anymore. I was flying my e flite 300 brushless Zero as well and I'd say this spit had almost as much speed maybe 10-15% less, and I've radar clocked the zero at 47 mph. All in all id say they got a winner!!! Really can't find any negatives. Has a great power off glide without the wheels. Could easily be flown in a large baseball field by an experienced pilot. It's a blast to fly"
Ah yes, very good. That had gotten buried way back before the radar debate. I hope to also report on mine saturday or monday. Lots of non-flying tasks also scheduled so i will try to hit those weather windows
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Apr 2012
20 Posts
Hi everybody, I`m from Europe and still waiting for my possibilty to get this awesome model for me. I made a count little bit. The scale of the model is 1:27.86. The real plane maximum speed in low level was near 600 km/h, it is 166.66 m/s, so the model should fly 5.98m/s in scale fly from the observer feeling and somebody here measured 25 mph what is 40km/h and it is 11.11m/s, so it does mean that the model is twice faster in scale as is original Am I right?
Pepo is offline Find More Posts by Pepo
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:31 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
657 Posts
Just got caught up on this thread,boy if you go to sleep for 8 hours you miss a lot! Haha Sorry to keep going off topic, but I'm still pretty new to this hobby. There has been talk of rudder use in a couple of post's. so my question is am I flying my planes wrong? I don't even use rudder. Unless I'm flying my champ or super cub with no ailerons. I'm out here by myself, haven't had time to join a club yet. So I've never even seen some one else fly yet.
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:08 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
Just got caught up on this thread,boy if you go to sleep for 8 hours you miss a lot! Haha Sorry to keep going off topic, but I'm still pretty new to this hobby. There has been talk of rudder use in a couple of post's. so my question is am I flying my planes wrong? I don't even use rudder. Unless I'm flying my champ or super cub with no ailerons. I'm out here by myself, haven't had time to join a club yet. So I've never even seen some one else fly yet.
God gave you a left stick, try it out once in a while

There are some planes that won't turn well with just ailerons and for some you can (and want to) turn nice and flat so you use rudder and opposite ailerons. "coordinated turns" use both rudder and ailerons
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:06 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
657 Posts
So after my first few flights I liked this plane. After this morning, flying in the wind I love it, love it ,love it !!!!! This plane does exactly what I was hoping for,it flys in the wind! It flies well in the wind. Now I have a micro that I won't be so restricted on flying conditions, awesome! Lunch breaks will be nice now. I think with the 4 blade prop it handles going into the wind pretty good, and when the wind is to its back it really zips by. Does great barrel rows with the wind to its back. I also was flying in to the wind at very low speeds and with the as3x system you can get it to just sit there like it is suspended in air. It was pretty cool. Be careful with the low voltage, it makes a weird sound when it gets low and it's time to bring it down, not much time at all when you here it. I was getting about 5 minutes with e flite 25 c's
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:07 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepo View Post
Hi everybody, I`m from Europe and still waiting for my possibilty to get this awesome model for me. I made a count little bit. The scale of the model is 1:27.86. The real plane maximum speed in low level was near 600 km/h, it is 166.66 m/s, so the model should fly 5.98m/s in scale fly from the observer feeling and somebody here measured 25 mph what is 40km/h and it is 11.11m/s, so it does mean that the model is twice faster in scale as is original Am I right?
Read up on dynamic scaling.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:13 AM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
369 Posts
Any news of this spitfire in europe? no one of the shop i know have it in stock! I will buy it for sure! I lost my t-28 micro at the second flight and everytime I see its empty package I always think I want another micro
matrixFLYER is online now Find More Posts by matrixFLYER