HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
451 Posts
Ya know ive never checked or ran it through the e calc so i have absolutely no idea how much thrust its suppose to be producing
sjgoulet is offline Find More Posts by sjgoulet
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Katalepsis
United States, AL, Enterprise
Joined Dec 2006
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgoulet View Post
NTM 3536/1400 kv on 3s with a 10X7 folding cam prop.
I ran nothing but folders on my X8 but have never tried it on the ZII. I found I could tolerate a lot of vibrations in the X8....not so much in the ZII. I had a bad vibration problem with one of my first ZIIs and in addition to jello in the HD recordings, I came out of a bungee launch with full power and the vibrations completely scrambled my RVOSD. I was in FBW and the autopilot drove that wing into the ground before I knew what was going on.

For me, I found it really tough to balance folding props and hubs. That's why I tried a standard prop with the ZII. I just put max brake on the ESC and the prop always lines up with the wing for landing. Never broke a prop and I fly nothing but Xoar PJNs. I've found them to be very efficient and they rarely need any balancing out of the wrapper. And, like any standard prop, if you need to balance, it's easy compared to the folder.
glorysgun is offline Find More Posts by glorysgun
Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM
United States, TX, Manvel
Joined May 2014
55 Posts
And I can't go with the dipole cause I don't want a ground station. I enjoy pulling my plane out and throw on goggles and. Fly with out setting a bunch of stuff up.
lucasislost is offline Find More Posts by lucasislost
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM
Katalepsis
Joined Dec 2006
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasislost View Post
How much thrust is that set up pushing? I am running a 9x4.5 on a 1130kv cobra motor and am pushing 71.5 ounces of thrust and my plan weighs about 6lbs. I think the wag might have to do with not enough nose weight..." I'm close to being on the $$ but not 100% yet". But I do wish my z is faster . its quick now and fly's pretty sweet but I just can't find a motor and prop that runs on 4 cell that pushes more then my set up now. I could run 10x6 prop and be around 88 ounces of thrust but that is right on the edge of being a little to big....
I run the standard 2x4S3300 battery config on an NTM 3542 1250KV with 10X6 Xoar. You can probably over-spec that motor with WAO flying. Ecalc says 95 oz of thrust. Full throttle for me is about 50 amps but never get close to that. I bungee launch and climb out at maybe 25 amps. Throttle down to 20 amps and fly tree tops at 45-60 mph with this setup. Batteries and motor come down barely warm and and that's saying something as this Summer has been really warm.

For consideration, I have run with much performance success the EF1 1300KV racing motor. I can't truly recommend that motor because I've had three separate motors that were short lived. One shorted itself out, one cooked itself, and the other was poorly balanced. I'm sticking with the NTMs.....cheap and reliable enough to experiment and find that sweet spot.
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM
United States, TX, Manvel
Joined May 2014
55 Posts
Damn that's good. Why use binge I just toss mine up...
lucasislost is offline Find More Posts by lucasislost
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM
Katalepsis
Joined Dec 2006
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasislost View Post
Damn that's good. Why use binge I just toss mine up...
Well my flying field is my back yard (I live in the country) so my launcher requires no set up but the real reason is I have a bum shoulder that barks at me when I throw things. Bungee= No Drama. I don't like drama.