Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,704 Posts
Discussion
MONGREL GEAR FPV, Announcements, Discussions & Specials

MONGREL GEAR AUSTRALIA

Hello all,

Welcome to the Mongrel Gear Australia thread. We will use this thread to post news, specials and any announcements that we have to make things easy to find, all in one place.

If you have any questions please feel free to post and I will do my best to help you out.

You Can find our website here
Http://www.mongrelgear.com.au

Cheers
John
The_Mongrel is online now Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by The_Mongrel; Feb 05, 2010 at 06:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:09 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,704 Posts
New EPP Flying Wing Kits

We have a new range of EPP Flying wings kits that we are putting together and we are looking for a couple of you to Beta Test these kits for us.

We will supply you the kit at a reduced price, and all you need to do is build it, fly it and record a log for all to see with your opinions.

These kits are still in their infancy, so your build skills will come into play as certain parts may be redesigned based on your recommendations.

These wings are an all EPP construction and will range from 24 inch to a whopping 80inch monster.

So if you are interested in being a Beta Tester, and we only need a couple, PM me now and I will get some details from you. We are looking at having some kits ready in about 3 or 4 weeks (just in time for the Xmas break ).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!!

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:39 PM
Woodsy
Drouin, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
2,117 Posts
Hey mongre, you can't even spell mongrel (in other words there is an L missing from your link)
woodsy is offline Find More Posts by woodsy
Old Nov 25, 2009, 09:31 PM
roosterben
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Mar 2005
48 Posts
More beta testing;

Your website page title has a typo, mis-spelt welcome as 'weclome'.

Also using IE7 I cannot open product details for any of your EPP planes just get an error.

Nice design though, bit nicer than the usual osCommerce sites with no work on the template/graphics.
ben_fry2003 is offline Find More Posts by ben_fry2003
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:46 PM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
Are you only after experience builders/flyers to test out the wings?
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:50 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu956 View Post
Are you only after experience builders/flyers to test out the wings?
At this stage yes - We are looking for people who have had a bit of past experience and can add their 2 bob's worth to help us improve our products.

Later, we will then ask for some people not so experienced to have a go, so that we can get an idea from both sides of the equation.

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:59 PM
Western Australia
Joined Nov 2009
39 Posts
Very nice! I would like to jump on board for the second wave testing, I am new to Flying RC, but not new to RC (Veteran Land RC). I'll keep an eye out for the 'Newbie" beta test
-Troy
troyzero is offline Find More Posts by troyzero
Old Nov 30, 2009, 03:43 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,704 Posts
Xmas Specials

The Mongrel is already in the Xmas spirit, and to celebrate the coming of the fat man in the red suit, The Mongrel is offering FREE SHIPPING anywhere in Australia on all orders from now, until the 24th of December. Now that's the spirit!!

The FlyCamOne3 Core set is only $189.00 SHIPPED FREE! and The FlyCamone2 Video Camera only $129 SHIPPED FREE!

We also have our final order for this year going into Eagle Tree - so If you want something before xmas - then let us know.... and of course... we will ship it free!! As long as you are in Australia of course

We are looking forward to a range of new products next year, and we are excited.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy and safe Christmas season. We thank you for your business in 2009 and we look forward to dealing with you in 2010.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

The Mongrel Gear Team.
http://www.mongrelgear.com.au
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2009, 06:18 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,704 Posts
Hello Lads,

Eagle Tree have announced a great offer for us Aussies!!

We have an order in NOW and it will ship VERY SOON... so if you want to take advantage of this offer PM me now and I will make sure you get on board.

Read Below!!

EAGLE TREE 10% Mail-in Rebate

What could make a better gift for your RCing friends and family than Eagle Tree goodies? And for two weeks only, get a 10% rebate! From December 1st through December 14th, all Eagle Tree merchandise purchases totaling $100.00 or more are eligible for a 10% rebate.

To receive the rebate, just follow these simple steps:

1) During the above date range, purchase at least $100.00 in Eagle Tree gear from December 1st through December 14th.

2) Mail your purchase receipt (or a photocopy or printout) to the below address before January 31st, 2009, and Eagle Tree will send you a rebate check.

Eagle Tree Systems, LLC
ATTN: Rebate
4957 Lakemont Blvd SE
Suite C-4, PMB 235
Bellevue, WA 98006

What could be easier!!

Sorry, but no "instant" time of purchase rebates are available. Rebate not available for purchases outside of the above date range. Eagle Tree may require other proof of purchase under some circumstances, and rebate offer will be void if we are unable to validate your purchase.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by The_Mongrel; Dec 03, 2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 05:41 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,704 Posts
LAST FLYCAMS BEFORE XMAS

Hello all,

If you are looking for a FlyCam for xmas from the range, then grab one today. This is the last stock we will have before Xmas.

We have FlyCamOne2, FlyCamOne3, FlyCamOne3 ECO, and we now have the FlyCamOne3 TX/RX kit in stock too!!

We still have time to make sure you get it for Xmas, but that time is running out.

Jump in to The Mongrel's Shop

We will be closed from 24/12/09 and will reopen on the 4/01/2010

We hope you have a wonderful Xmas. We thank you for your business in 2009, and we look forward to serving you in 2010.

Regards
The Mongrel.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2009, 07:44 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,704 Posts
Eagle Tree Eagle Eyes pre order

Hello all,

Eagle Tree has announced the Pre-Order for the Eagle Eyes unit. If you are in to FPV and you have the Eagle Tree OSD, then you should check this baby out.

Deliver is around mid Feb, and if the OSD Pro is anything to go by, they will be gone in flash.

The features are impressive - with Diversity and Antenna tracking, it is certainly going to be a great addition to the Eagle Tree range.

We are taking pre orders now, and am happy to answer any questions you have.

We have special running here for while the pre-order is on. So grab a bargain while it lasts.

Cheers
The Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:33 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,704 Posts
Su-47

Today this arrived in my inbox, and although I am not too keen on Jets myself, I have to admit, this one has me interested.

It is ARF, so all you need add is the RX and the 6S battery. The rest is completely installed, including the fans, ESC and Retracts, and 12 freakin servos!

And at only $499 I think I might even buy one!!

They are not on our website yet, so if you are keen, pop me PM.

Here are the details

Specification -
Wingspan: 1120mm
Length: 1500mm
Flying Weight: 2000g

Drive System: 2 x70mm Ducted Fans with Brushless Motors
Servo: 12X 9g high speed micro servos
Speed Controller: 2X 50amp Brushless Speed Control
Battery: 11.1V 2000mah 18C Li-Polymer
Retracts
Parachute brake

Feature:
Full aerobatic characteristics; inside loops, outside loops, axial rolls, inverted flight, knife edge, stall turns, hammerheads, and spins are possible
The wing and body used in this jet are specially designed to allow high G maneuvers, yet the wing loading is still very low
2 Powerful 70 mm twin ducted fans with brushless motors
Excellent stability of nosing up and down
The best ducted fan jet in the market!
Steerable nose landing gear
Electric retract system
Rudder helps steer plane on ground on its scale landing gear for easy take off
Ready to Fly in Just Minutes!
Super tough, lightweight airframe!
Perfect appearance and emulation (Scale appearance, great attention has been given to details)
Shock Resistant Reinforced Fuselage and Strong Wings
Excellent Flight Performance
Stable inverted flight
Fuselage with pre-installed Electronics, Motor, Servos, and Speed Controller
Superb Quality, Simply the Best ARF Jet you can find!!!
Super stable for beginner, Super low speed for safety, Super low altitude for fun
Fabricated by accurate molds with high fidelity of real airplane
Detailed Body Structure
High roll rate
Suitable for both beginners and experienced pilots
Complete wth bombs,parashute for braking

Package Include:
Airplane (90% assembled, all electronic components are installed)
Retracts
Parachute
English Manual

REQUIRED
Control system: 6 CH Multi 2.4g Radio Transmitter and 6 CH Micro Receiver
Hi Quality Li-po Battery 6s 20C 3600mah lipo battery (recomended)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:08 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,704 Posts
G'Day All,

I hope you all had a great Xmas. I must say I am looking forward to a good New Year.

Just a short not to let you know that the Eagle Eyes Antenna Tracker pre-orders are being snapped up. We don't have a very big allocation, so if you want one, order on our site so you don't miss out.

We also have the new V4 of the Eagle Tree GPS too.

Fat Sharks are coming in the new year... oh it's all happening!!

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2010, 06:51 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,704 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

It's the start of a new year and lots happening in the world of Mongrel Gear. Below are just a few announcements.

FlyCamOne3
The FlyCamOne3 continues to be popular and we still have it in stock for a crazy $199. We also have the TX/RX kits available too!

Eagle Tree Eagle Eyes pre-orders are going well.
With the release date of the Eagle Eyes looming, the pre-orders are being picked up. If you want one, don't wait until release date, as we do expect there to be a wait for the second batch.

Antenna Tracker System
The Antenna Tracking System that works with the Eagle Eyes is also selling well. As these things are built to order, you will need to pre-order if you want one at the same time as your Eagle Eyes.

10Hz Eagle Tree GPS
We have completely sold out of the new GPS units from Eagle Tree, but have another order about to go in, so if you are after something from Eagle Tree, then now is the time to let us know, and we can include it in the box!

Fat Sharks are getting closer
Our sample set of the new and improved Fat Shark goggles are in the hands of the couriers, and should be with us soon. We hope to have some more info on the web shortly, and will have pricing and availability as well.

EPP Flying Wings
This has been a slow process, but we are progressing with this little project and will have more news in the not too distant future.

Around The World with a FlyCamOne2
For those of you that don't know, we have set out on fantastic mission. To send a FlyCamOne2 around the world to as many places as possible. The response has been terrific and now I am proud to announce that ACME, the manufacturers of the FlyCam range of products have jumped on board to sponsor the whole deal. They are happily supplying the camera that will make the journey.

Details here... http://www.mongrelgear.com.au/world-cam

There is SO much happening that it is hard to keep track of. Oh Yeah... one last thing...

If you don't like the prices on our website, or have seen it elsewhere cheaper, then ask us for a better deal!

Cheers all
The Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2010, 06:14 AM
BJM
Heritage Park - Brisbane
Joined Oct 2007
244 Posts
Any news on the EPP warbirds ?
Shot you an email a week or so ago too.
BJM is offline Find More Posts by BJM