HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2014, 08:25 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Discussion
parts it4 recievers

How do I go about ordering extra recievers,. And wondering about the new board tht is suppose to be available to buy to fix the binding issue. Or can someone tell me when they started sending units out that have be fixed because Im not sure if minw is actually one that is affected. Bought mine July 2013. or is there a possible serial # I can check. Once i get more receivers then I will be able to tellif it is a bad one that will not bind or will loose bind on all but the model that is being used.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:33 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
366 Posts
I haven't heard anything about receiving new boards for the iT4, as for receivers and the sensors we have them listed on our website.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-ir4-receiver.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/fsaircontrol.html
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Mar 02, 2014, 12:49 AM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Thank's I found them . I talked to a guy named Jerry who said to fix the problem with not being able to bind multiple receiver's at the same time. He said I just need a chip changed on the board, or a few have said he is sending them a new board. I will email him again. If you could look into this matter it would be great. Now there is a guy saying that they are not going to send him the board and he will be getting a chip. So im just hoping this is true and they have found a solution to the problem.
Old Mar 03, 2014, 11:27 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
366 Posts
I have heard of this Jerry guy as well, if I recall I read about the chip or board thing on Rc Tech. Jerry supposedly works at Fly Sky and posted on the iT4 thread on Rc Tech regarding the multiple binding issue.

We ourselves have never been told or contacted by Fly Sky regarding the board or chip for the item. When we first experienced the issue and reported our findings to them they said that "this is normal and how we designed the program".

From what I read on the Rc Tech the new shipments of the iT4's has had the binding issue fixed so I will need to check our most recent shipment and see if this is true.
Old Mar 04, 2014, 02:40 AM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Thank's Charlie Im curious to know if they are fixed. I can tell you a guy purchased one two weeks ago with the same problem. Unless it needed firmware updated. My understanding too is that there is a new board being used in the new IT4. I guy has all ready got a board from Australia from an unknown source and showed the fix on youtube.

Quote: We ourselves have never been told or contacted by Fly Sky regarding the board or chip for the item. When we first experienced the issue and reported our findings to them they said that "this is normal and how we designed the program".

No disrespect to you or Flysky you have all ways helped me when I had an issue. But I don't see Flysky going in reverse by building this Radio without multiple model binding when the one before bound several models. I don't remember how many it bound but have seen other's say why not use the old firmware because the old one bound a couple or a few models. But unfortunately it will not work with the old firmware. It's a shame they are trying to sweep it under the rug and hope everyone will forgive them. I was hoping being that your a big firm could get access to these parts boards or the chip easier then I can.
Last edited by unclecrash; Mar 04, 2014 at 03:17 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2014, 12:13 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
366 Posts
I think I should of went into more detail when I said "this is normal and how we designed the program".

The issue that we reported to Fly Sky is that when you have multiple models and want to switch to the other model it will not connect until you go into the settings and hit the rebind button. You don't have to connect to the bind plug into the receiver when you do this though if you had already bound them together.

And this is when they gave us the "this is normal and how we designed the program". Now after this they did say that they'll try to rework the firmware so you don't have to do this anymore, weeks to months go by and we got a firmware update via flash drive but this firmware update was suppose to add a crawler setting onto the menu. We tried it and of course it didn't have the rebind issue fix.

I'm going to bring this up to the person that deals with Fly Sky and see if they can get any information from them regarding updated boards or ETC.
Old Mar 05, 2014, 09:54 AM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Thank's so much Charlie, I will continue to pursue it on the forum. And will check back here also. I just got a reply back from a guy on Youtube who has received a new board from someone in australia and it worked he can no bind 20 and not loose the bind. He showed it powering 3 seperate trucks one at a time without issue. I asked him where he got the board and it is from some manufacturer in australia who offered him a board for cost of shipping. I asked him why the guy does not try to sell them. Im sure other's might buy them if the charge is not too high just to get there radio's fixed. So i will let you know if I hear any more,he does not seam to want to disclose the person's name. But maybe he does not have enough to go a round.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 09:10 PM
Joined Sep 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
I think I should of went into more detail when I said "this is normal and how we designed the program".

The issue that we reported to Fly Sky is that when you have multiple models and want to switch to the other model it will not connect until you go into the settings and hit the rebind button. You don't have to connect to the bind plug into the receiver when you do this though if you had already bound them together.

And this is when they gave us the "this is normal and how we designed the program". Now after this they did say that they'll try to rework the firmware so you don't have to do this anymore, weeks to months go by and we got a firmware update via flash drive but this firmware update was suppose to add a crawler setting onto the menu. We tried it and of course it didn't have the rebind issue fix.

I'm going to bring this up to the person that deals with Fly Sky and see if they can get any information from them regarding updated boards or ETC.
I am looking for a copy of the original firmware for the FlySky FS-it4.

I found version 1.02 and applied it and now I have a door stop.

The radio does work but settings are off and throttle isn't working. Steering works but is a tad off.

The servos are not centered and there isn't a way to fix it.

I'm looking for someone to provide me with a copy of firmware version 1.01us.

I've written to FlySky and haven't gotten a response yet.

Thank you!

Rob
rlanza1054 is offline Find More Posts by rlanza1054
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:14 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
366 Posts
I don't think Fly Sky has ever released the firmware for download on their website. From what I can see on their website A person by the name of RKelly asked for the firmware on Date:2014-6-22 21:35:52 and they replied that they will send it to them via email. I think your best bet is to wait for the email and see if they send it to you.
http://www.flysky-cn.com/efaq.asp

Fly Sky has never released the firmware files to us before so I don't have anything that I can send you.