HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:39 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
4,003 Posts
Played with my new x9303
Also finished the repair on the beechcraft and fixed and balanced the t-28.
I'd call that a productive day!
Endlesslag is online now Find More Posts by Endlesslag
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:55 AM
United States, CA, San Rafael
Joined Mar 2012
131 Posts
I built a new fuse (tractor) for my sky surfer and cut the wing tips off to make it more fun to fly!
Averan is offline Find More Posts by Averan
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:59 AM
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
1,342 Posts
having received the bits yesterday i needed to get on with finishing my durafly slick-360, i managed to tear one of the newly modified motor leads near the plug end i had attached

so today i managed to solder the wire (which is the calibre of pubic hair) after sanding off the invisible coating on that lead that comes from the windings and then tinning it with solder

i then went even more adventurous, and stripped the insulation from the bigger wire before re-doing the heatshrink, to save weight and make it more petite

thank god for a binocular loupe and strong daylight

even more astounding, it works !
scruffy1 is offline Find More Posts by scruffy1
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:30 PM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Glued my Dynam Pitts Python together after ejecting the battery in a outside loop, resulting in a nosedive to the ground from 30ft+

Velcro decided to part with battery, so from now it will be straps
Not to much to glue, this plane is really robust and took the crash with minimal damage.
It went down out of sight, and I asked my buddy to come with me to pick up all the parts - when we got sight of the plane, it was all in one piece, just cracks here and there
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:47 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiWE View Post
Glued my Dynam Pitts Python together. I asked my buddy to come with me to pick up all the parts - when we got sight of the plane, it was all in one piece, just cracks here and there
Dynam is a pretty good plane...Any one who knocks them has never had one I say....... as for doors coming off,,,, and battery's getting ejected.... Yep been there Have the video to prove it.
PT 17 (2 min 39 sec)
Spookeay is online now Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:29 AM
looking up down under
Joined Feb 2008
1,342 Posts
2x 3s 370mah through the bonsai, and 2x 2s 750mah as well - more sedate, but flies forever

at time for recharge i discovered that a 9 minute flight with the 2s 750mah hadn't even used enough to be able to get the charger to top it to 50% for storage - i presume there's 20 minutes of gas in that tank
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:33 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
Played with my new x9303
Also finished the repair on the beechcraft and fixed and balanced the t-28.
I'd call that a productive day!
Nice tx!

I bought a cheap 2.4g recently. I already have a DX7 (old one), but with my cheap 2.4 I have an amplifier connected that gives me more ranve on my fpv. Previously, I was only able to do a 1/4 mile with my DX7, even though Spektrum says it should go further.
Eli Lipschitz is offline Find More Posts by Eli Lipschitz
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:51 PM
looking up down under
Joined Feb 2008
1,342 Posts
i completely destroyed my spitfire

spiraled in from relatively low - i had been concerned that it was out of trim - landed beautifully, checked the trim against the transmitter settings, made sure the controls were fine, and was still dissatisfied as i took off again because it kept tracking to one side

after the post mortem, all the bits work fine, so i doubt radio failure as no other transmitters likely where i fly

my surmise is that in adjusting the trims at too low a level while going too slow, i tip stalled and the rest is now history

pity, because i love(d) that plane
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:16 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookeay View Post
Dynam is a pretty good plane...Any one who knocks them has never had one I say....... as for doors coming off,,,, and battery's getting ejected.... Yep been there Have the video to prove it.
Dynam FW190, came with one prop( everyone else seemed to get 2), crap esc, something causing contiuous brownouts( bad servo overcurrent or servo's just not up to teh task of a big plane), battery recommendations too small. retracts went defective after 5 flights( had to tear the plane apart to return them, therefore damaging my new plane.

that was my first and last Dynam ARF.....anything I get will only be in kit form...
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:18 AM
resU deretsigeR
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Brakel
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
I finally got someone to film my Wild Hawk properly while I was flying it last week-end...
Although he had to keep on talking the whole time, I think it worked out quite well...
If you don't understand Flemish (Dutch) , more specifically the South-East-Flanders accent, you might wanna mute the video, and put on some music

Another Wild Hawk movie... but properly filmed this time! (12 min 59 sec)

Enjoy!
T.
CrosstownTee is offline Find More Posts by CrosstownTee
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:39 PM
Getting good at foam repair
Australia, QLD, Surfers Paradise
Joined Aug 2012
244 Posts
Used my EPP profile 3d plane to practice hammerheads / cuban 8s / inverted flight and outside loops so I can build stick memory and not risk my good looking planes!
GTrain is offline Find More Posts by GTrain
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
added some color to my scratchbuilt bipe. plans found on this site

Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:23 PM
looking up down under
Joined Feb 2008
1,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
plans found on this site
care to give us a hint where ?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
here-

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497522
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:53 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
i built this,also got to fly the super sky surfer !
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd