HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2012
24 Posts
Ketan is offline Find More Posts by Ketan
Last edited by Ketan; Sep 16, 2012 at 04:08 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Why do you crosspost in 3 threads (2 dealing with quads!) ?
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:55 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Why do you crosspost in 3 threads (2 dealing with quads!) ?
To warn us that alien v911's will soon take over the world!
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:56 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
343 Posts
Dont forget anyone who would want to see a dedicated V911 (and similar helis maybe) section, go here and say so: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1731969

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
'Cause it's more expensive, and perhaps heavier.

I have yet to crack a single landing skid.
I wonder how much they would weigh. Looks easy to make though. I have only had one bend some overtime but never broke one yet either.

*edit, On second thought, unless it was some sort of thin (and still light) spring steel (or other material) I wouldnt want this on mine though because unless it can flex then it will transfer any impact right into the heli frame and maybe the electronics. Rather than the current skids absorbing it somewhat. This also may cause new week spots that you need to fix once the force is directed to the frame etc... I know from all the frame work I have done on 4x4's and lowriders with hydraulics, if you re-enforce one spot you will need to do more or it will just break at the next weakest point (until you have fixed all weak spots well enough, but on a heli weight is a major factor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I didn't read the thread in detail, only skimmed it for photos. I have no idea why he did it. Maybe as a challenge? Or as a learning exercise? But the photos sure look interesting to me.

More photos and details (in Chinese): http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=633941
I was thinking last night if I could use a brush-less motor and maybe larger battery on the V911. But I wasnt sure if it would be worth the hassle or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totse View Post
is there a concise thread for essential things to make your heli fly better and just longer?

i saw a post about servo savers, but now i can't find it
This is the "main" V911 thread, but after someone suggested it, I started a request to have our own V911 forum section so we could still have threads like this but start compiling stickies for just the V911 (and similar maybe) heli to make it easier for people new to the heli and site to find stuff. After all this thread moves fast! So go to the link in the top I posted and say so if you like the idea. Then after 50 people say so, the staff "might" hold a vote to have a section for us.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Last edited by TapouT21; Sep 15, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
I notice the new model v911 have plugs for the landing skid and motor.

I thought this would be cool since you could just buy replacement sets and not have to solder.

But it seems like no one sells it like this?
Or am i looking in the wrong place?
totse is offline Find More Posts by totse
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:44 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
this thread is huge can you imagine how many 911 s are in the air at any one time. if you don't check the thread morning noon and then in the evening you will miss a page or so.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:54 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Tried to do a servo transplant on my favorite corter. Epic fail!
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:00 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,252 Posts
servo transplant. That's hard imho.

The middle pin is connected to a plate that touches the plastic wiper. Very easy to melt.

Where did your attempt fail? Please elaborate to help those of you who attempts this in the future.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:12 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Not sure exactly. First attempt resulted in the servo turning fully in one direction with no response from the tx. I removed it and replaced with another servo. Second one had constant chatter from the motor ( also got hot) and any input from the tx result in the horn turning completely in the intended direction. Servo wouldn't center either.

This was my first attempt and I was doing it because the servo was sticking, seemed like a broken gear/tooth. Next time I'll leave the 3 pins at the top with the wiper. You can slide the servo case and gears right off of that piece. Then you only have to deal with the 2 wires for the servo motor.

Since it's my favorite V911 I wanted to save it, so I ordered a new board and set it aside. Only thing I've really done to it was drop in a solo pro shaft and cnc head but it flew better then any of my others.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Last edited by Budasac; Sep 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:07 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
Yellow outside

Thinking about getting a yellow one.
How does it fly outside?
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShark View Post
Thinking about getting a yellow one.
How does it fly outside?
Mine does fly fast and stable. Not as twichy as the other blue/red/ or orange ones
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:23 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
Motor issue?

One of my (two) V911 developed a strange issue a few flights after replacing the main motor (to a bravo SX). After keeping it in high rpm for a few second the main motor kinda "snaps":
V911 Hiccup (0 min 15 sec)

Tried replacing the main gear, but it didn't help...
Thanks for helping.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:33 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,124 Posts
If you didn't have the main gear on and just let the motor spin freely, does it still snap?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:01 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
If you didn't have the main gear on and just let the motor spin freely, does it still snap?
Is it safe to spin it in high rpm without load?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:15 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Have you looked at the main gear and motor pinion when running it like this?

It looks to me as the gears are going out of mesh for a split second and when they mesh together again this is what is causing that horrible twitch

John.
scotsoft is online now Find More Posts by scotsoft