Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by thosmosis
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
2,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
I have been doing that with my 450 heli for practice flying while moving. I'll take off, then go for a 100 yard walk with the heli flying up and out in front of me 30' in the air. It builds flying and moving practice while still keeping close proximity to your heli.
Hey Heli,

This is the smaller field that I have to fly in during the weekdays, most of the time. I use dirt patch #1 most times in the morning, with the AM wind direction. I could also use #3, but it's not as close a set up area for parking. All four have 1 story high backstop fences. In the early mornings, I take off from #1, headed towards #2. Then walk to #2 while flying, so that I can land as the plane come in from the #1 area to the #2 area.

In the afternoons, the wind can come from either direction. And I mean generally, from either direction, as it's rarely spot on running north to south or vice versa.

Another consideration later in the day, is where the sun is -- and how badly it will effect me on take off and landing... Wen it is sunny in the early morning, often I take off from #1, then walk to the right, where the trees are still shielding that area from the sun. Then I can fly without being blinded. But when landing time comes, I have to walk to #2 as I slowly get more and more into the unshaded area of the field, but just have to make the best of it. Lol!
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
1,572 Posts
Wow, exercise and flying all at the same time. Way to multitask Thos
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM
Find More Posts by thosmosis
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
2,513 Posts
Lol. Hey Heli... I have no choice with the wind and the fences...
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis