Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Jul 11, 2016, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by rs-ssfan
United States, MO, KCMO
Joined Oct 2007
93 Posts
Discussion
HSF Mike Tallman Legacy Pylon Race - Sept 17th & 18th

As many of you know, we lost Mike last fall. What you might not know is the contributions he made to pylon racing here in the Midwest. Several of us around here considered him the Grandfather of pylon racing, and many would tell you that without Mike, pylon racing in the Midwest would have gone away. He was always that guy that was the first to lend a hand both on and off the course. Heck, he organized the workers for our races, making our job a lot easier. He held a Wednesday night racing session of some sort for the last 5 or so years that I know of. And through that he got several guys off the sidelines, into 2 pole racing and then into 3 pole racing.

So to honor Mike and the legacy he built, HSF is going to put on the first annual Mike Tallman Legacy Pylon Race on September 17th & 18th. It will be a 2 day, Q40 only race at Lake Afton in Wichita, KS. As I've said in the past, and several guys said following our last race, it's a great place to fly and we do our best to keep the drama down and the racing up. We did this last year for the first time and thought it was pretty successful and, from what I've heard so far, it's going to be even more and stronger competition. We'll have the same experienced workers and a great lunch cooked by Vernelle Tallman.

To further honor Mike we are going to give away a brand new bind and fly Vendetta Q40 airplane. Yep you read that correctly, we'll give you the receiver of your choice, you bind it to your radio and go fly it (well you'll want to break the engine in, then go fly it). So what all will you be getting? A Lyle Larson Vendetta professionally built by me, ok maybe not so professionally :lol: , Jett Q40 engine, JR Servos, Jett remote needle mount, Tetra tank, NB wheels, JR HD Switch and zippy 2s LiFe battery. I'm in the process of building it now and will post pictures of it as soon as it's completed. I would like to thank the following guys for helping us out by donating, discounting or building the components of the prize:
Lyle Larson for the Vendetta
Dub Jett for the Engine
Rich Beers and JR Americas for the servos
Moe Vereecke & Ben Hobbs for the tank, mount and other small stuff
Duane Gall for designing the paint scheme and creating the paint masks
Hopefully I didn't forget anyone.

**RULES DEVIATION** - IN THE EVENT A PILOT RECEIVES A LIGHT AND A CUT AT THE SAME TIME AT PYLON 1, THE CUT WILL STAND AND A REFLY WILL NOT BE GIVEN.

We hope you guys will come out and help us honor Mike and the legacy he created here in the Midwest.

See the attached flyer for additional details and directions to the field.

LF
rs-ssfan is offline Find More Posts by rs-ssfan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:36 AM
DHG
Find More Posts by DHG
DHG
Kinetic Sculptor
United States, CO, Arvada
Joined Jul 2010
956 Posts
Thanks, Lonnie! And for anyone who's "on the bubble" about making the trip, I encourage you to do it. This is a great site with a great crew, adaptable for wind direction, comfortable facilities, easy to get to, yummy lunch! C'mon out!

Cheers,
Duane
DHG is offline Find More Posts by DHG
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by rs-ssfan
United States, MO, KCMO
Joined Oct 2007
93 Posts
I know its early but I'm getting a lot of commitments so I'll go ahead and start a pilot list. Anyone else that's planning on coming let me know here or through email (lfinchcpa-sbcglobal.net) and I'll throw your name up on the list.

1. AJ Seaholm - SD
2. Dub Jett - TX
3. Rich Beers - OK
4. Duane Hulen - MO
5. Dan Coe - CA
6. Lonnie Finch - MO
7. Maurice Vereecke - MO
8. Ken VanTuyl - CO
9. Ben Hobbs - KS
10. Eddie Jump - KS
11. Roger Burright - KS
12. Duane Gall - CO
13. Gordon McWilliams - KS
14. Hank Dieponbroek - CO
15. Gary James - TX
16. Scott Hartman - TX
17. Tony Seymore - MO
18. Chuck Andraka - NM
19. Joe Hodgin - NC
20. Doug Scherrer - KS
21. Richard Oliver - TX

I've heard through the grape vine of about 15 more guys coming, but until I hear from them directly I won't add them to the list.

Thanks again guys for coming out and helping us honor Mike and support racing in the Midwest.

LF
rs-ssfan is offline Find More Posts by rs-ssfan