Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by the man
San Diego, Ca.
Joined Jun 2006
26 Posts
Discussion
Eagle tree Guardain 2D/3D Stabilizer used with Turnigy TGY 9X radio

How do I make my 3 way switch on my radio work for the mode function of the Guardain?
the man is offline Find More Posts by the man
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2015, 08:16 AM
Find More Posts by JohnET
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
1,050 Posts
The MOD wire needs to be connected to a channel on your receiver that is controlled by a 2 or 3 position switch. In order to test this switch, temporarily connect a servo to the channel on your receiver that is controlled by the switch. Then, move the switch. If you have a 2 position switch, you should see the servo move from one extent to the other. If you have a 3 position switch, you should see the servo move from one extent, to center, to the other extent. If the servo doesn't move as described, your endpoints need to be adjusted or there is a mix of some sort interfering with that channel.

Once you confirm this, reconnect your MOD wire to that channel. If using a 2 position switch, the Guardian will then be able to be switched between 2d and 3d mode. If using a 3 position switch, the Guardian will be able to be switched between 2d, off and 3d. If you want to use the Guardian with a 2 position for 2d and off, you will need to reduce one end point for that channel so that in one position the light blinks, and the other position the light is off.

If you have an additional free channel that can be controlled by a slider or knob, you can use this channel to remotely change the gain on the Guardian. In order to test this channel/knob, temporarily connect a servo to the channel on your receiver that is controlled by the knob/slider. Then, move the knob/slider. You should see the servo move from one extent to the other as you operate the knob/slider

Once you have done this, you will want to power the system on with the switch in the 2d or 3d mode position. Then, within 15 seconds of powering on the system, move the switch to the opposite position and back to the original position quickly. The control surfaces will twitch once to indicate level flight and trims has been set.

If you need more detailed information about programming your specific radio, we suggest referring to your radios operating manual. Otherwise, you may want to check the Guardian thread on rcgroups.com to see if someone else is using the same setup you are. The thread is located here; http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1596644

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by rcjoe
Joined Jan 2014
11 Posts
Eagle tree

Hellol
My question is, i only have a 7ch receiver, and I have the eagletree mode wire in number 7ch. Can I use a Y connector for a second battery? So I would Y the battery and the mode wire into my receiver . Thank you for any help
rcjoe is offline Find More Posts by rcjoe
Old Jun 30, 2016, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by JohnET
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
1,050 Posts
Yes, that should work fine but you should refer to your radio manual or support department to confirm.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor