Old Nov 08, 2010, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by Merganser
Goonybird
USA, WY, Casper
Joined Sep 2010
46 Posts
Discussion
Best Service Stores

Hi. Has anyone bought any RC items from Best Service Stores on Amazon? They seem to have the best price on a Hitek Aurora 9, but sometimes best price does not include best service. Thanks.
Merganser is offline Find More Posts by Merganser
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:57 PM
Goonybird
USA, WY, Casper
Joined Sep 2010
46 Posts
Trial order

I have not had any replies so I have ordered a battery pack and a servo as a trial. Amazon recorded the order yesterday and today I have an e=mail saying the order has been shipped by FedEx. So far, so good.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 02:51 PM
Goonybird
USA, WY, Casper
Joined Sep 2010
46 Posts
Delivery

Items ordered delivered on time and well packed. One order does not make much of a track record, but so far I am happy.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by bionicbone
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
2,091 Posts
Interesting as they have the ICE100 very cheap. Anyone else had good success with this company?

http://shop.bestservicestores.com/71...B002NXD4L4.htm
bionicbone is online now Find More Posts by bionicbone
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by LiqrSicc
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2008
342 Posts
I placed an order with them on Sunday through Amazon. Just got the email today that the order went out.

I ordered some Lunsford Turnbuckles and they had they best price on the net.
LiqrSicc is online now Find More Posts by LiqrSicc
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:59 PM
Find More Posts by LiqrSicc
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2008
342 Posts
Just checked out their feedback on Amazon and it looks like they have 35000+ at like 4.8 stars which is really good. I skimmed through the comments and it looks like there's a bunch of hobbyists that have had a great experience with them too.
LiqrSicc is online now Find More Posts by LiqrSicc
Old Jun 10, 2011, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by digitalight
United States, TX, Pflugerville
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
do NOT buy fromm best service stores

best service stores DID NOT fullfiull my order and one half of the product was missing. They need to stop blaming PremiereRC kites and pay the $224.50 plus overnight shipping to complete my order. Best service stores staff ODES NOT EVEN know the products they sell and have been stalling with me, sending me incomplete parts by ground mail after saying they would overnight the complete order. They even lie about WHO they talked with at PremiereRC Kites. When I called the manufacturer they do not have any Rich or Rick that works there. They also claimed that the PremiereRC was sending me the needed parts when in fact they used Horizon Hobby Inc to fullfill the order WITH, AGAIN, THE WRONG PARTS. It took a week to arrive by ground shipping with no warning of how it was shipped. When contacted by phone, best service stores still tried to blame the manufacturer for all that was wrong and would not get the correct part of the order overnighted to me. Stall, lie, and stall more, and I STILL DO NOT HAVE A working product for my almost $500.00 dollars they still have. I also missed a community service event with the product because of their unprofessional and lack of service follow through.
digitalight is offline Find More Posts by digitalight
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2014, 08:33 PM
Find More Posts by Scott594
"Experimental"
United States, NY, Elbridge
Joined Feb 2013
352 Posts
Mystery Package... then Good News!

I know this thread is old, but I came to it through a odd sort of loop.

The Mystery:
I just received a message from UPS stating they have a package from "Best Service Stores" to be delivered to my local Post Office for pickup (I'm on a rural route), and they would like to know if I would like to upgrade to home delivery for $3.50.

Nothing odd there, but I don't recall ordering anything from "Best Service Stores", although I have been ordering a bunch of stuff for a SlowStick X build, so I checked my ebay purchase history, and there is no sign of them.
So I do a google search, and one of the links is RCG. I come here and read the above thread with mixed emotions.
Ok - it must be the Horizon Hobby Ultracote order. Nope. Horizon Hobby does business as themselves.

Finally I go to bestservicestores.com, and look over the site. Nothing familiar. Really confused now. Good sign is that they DO seem to carry RC stuff.

Back to ebay, I look through the last 2 months purchases, and a name seems familiar. Costume Hub. It turns out that yesterday I ordered some Balsarite for the plane I'm building from a ebay vendor named Costume Hub which it turns out is under the umbrella of Best Service Stores. Mystery solved, albeit rather clumsily.

The good news:
The Balsarite was $18.84 for the 16oz can. free shipping. Not a bad deal, usually free shipping means cheapest way. Slow boat from China, or even worse - USPS.

UPS shipping for free, and it's already moving down the road in a UPS vehicle. I'm impressed - so far it seems these folks are above board and reputable. Unless it's dried out, or the wrong thing, I think did great. The best price for Balsarite is $15 plus shipping everywhere else I found it. That means I got it shipped UPS for $2.84!! A nasty flammable, got to declare it, dangerous chemical shipped for $2.84. No extra charges or aggravation. Out the door same day.

I'll weigh in again if there's a problem, but right now, I'd have to say Best Service Stores and their affiliates are all good!
Scott594 is offline Find More Posts by Scott594
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Scott594; Apr 01, 2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2014, 08:50 AM
Find More Posts by jcstalls
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,858 Posts
If you buy through Amazon and have a problem, just give em a call. Always resolved for us.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2014, 11:59 PM
Find More Posts by lindart
Art Schmitz
United States, TN, Crossville
Joined Jan 2012
392 Posts
Amazon collects taxes for Tennessee, FWIW.
lindart is offline Find More Posts by lindart
Old Apr 03, 2014, 10:08 AM
Find More Posts by jcstalls
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,858 Posts
They do for Indiana now too. Regardless almost all of us still owe use taxes in nearly every state, for nearly everything we buy. Don't believe just call your state franchise tax board and ask.
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member