HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2013, 01:38 AM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,468 Posts
Discussion
Micro Bevel Gears source?

I'm looking for suggestions for micro gears for an angle drive. Preferably bevel gears with a 1:1 but I could live with a crown gear if the size were right.

I've been searching micro cars and helicopters for an easily available source. So far, my best find is the differential set for a Losi micro-T 1/36 car (part LOSB1514). It contains two crown gears and 4 brass pinions (not a bad deal).

The crown is 5 mm diameter with holes to fit a 1 mm shaft.

But I want to go smaller. Ideally I'd like to find a bevel gear set with a 3-4 mm diameter to fit a 1mm shaft size. Does anyone know where I can find such a gear set?
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2013, 01:45 PM
Canada, ON, Quinte West
Joined Feb 2009
949 Posts
these are the smallest I have found.
http://www.gizmoszone.com/shopping/a..._gear;ppinc=1a

Cheers
G-O
Guard-Officer is offline Find More Posts by Guard-Officer
Old Apr 05, 2013, 02:06 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,468 Posts
Thanks! I found those too (put an order in for a few pairs). To bad the shaft diameter is 1.5, but they are at least as small as the Losi crown gear, so that's an improvement. Can't wait to get them in my tweezers and check them out. I might be able to grind them down to a slightly smaller diameter without loosing functionality.

Wish I would have spent more time browsing gizmoszone more before ordering the gears. They have some really interesting pager motor planetary gear combos. I could have combined more items in my order.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 09:42 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,468 Posts
The Gizmozone gears have arrived!

Looks like this is as small as I will probably be able to find. Too bad about the inner hole diameter. I wish it were smaller. It's easier to make a hole bigger than it is to make a shaft larger (in this case).

Some pics to compare sizes. The gizmozone bevels are smaller than the Losi micro crown gear by a hair, and I get to keep a 1:1 gear ratio, so it's all good