SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:33 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Sorry for a double post. Larc, I went ahead and grabbed my kart for you. The wheel base is a little over 6 3/4 inch. It must be a typo. I guess your the first to find it? goes to show you how laid back everyone is. I wouldn't worry about it if it wasn't a typo. Like I said everyone runs the same wheel base that I've raced with. If you were to change it the entire dynamics of the chassis and the way it would handle would be super slow and less responsive.

Lead
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:05 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
7 and 3/4 here larc . I run smaller spacers than most to give me sharper steering. Before racing the karts, I raced Tamiya minis and offroad. I got use to the sharp steering and now it works best for me. Now Jonathan has 8 for his width and for wheelbase? J and I karts are the same, 6 and 7/8s

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:48 PM
Holding on to my SEAT!
Florida
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
Mines the same Larc. I don't think you'll find anyone with different wheel bases TBH. I haven't seen one.
P.ODell is offline Find More Posts by P.ODell
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:01 PM
CRA
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
I was reading through the threads and didn't see this one. Everyones wheel base is the same. I helped at the tech table in IL. At Mitches they have a box. The kart is placed in the box. If it fits your legal and off to the track you went.
CRA is offline Find More Posts by CRA
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:10 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
There all the same. Some drivers wheel width is different but still that isn't by much. Honestly it was a typo in the rules when Chad worked with us up in Missouri. He was in charge of all lit. We'll correct if it's not already.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:56 PM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Edge RC View Post
There all the same. Some drivers wheel width is different but still that isn't by much. Honestly it was a typo in the rules when Chad worked with us up in Missouri. He was in charge of all lit. We'll correct if it's not already.

Robert

I suppose Mitch is the only one who has this box. I've never seen one. Not even at the big races in Jacksonville or Tampa. In Tampa it was a roll through and a table measure for only those who won A mains.

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:59 PM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
Gary H made the kart box for Mitch up here. We use it up all the time before races. Not so much after.
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, AL, Dothan
Joined Dec 2011
102 Posts
Another question; which is the more important to watch the temperature of - motor or esc?

WoodyT
larc is offline Find More Posts by larc
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:23 PM
Hairless Monkey
GA
Joined Apr 2010
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larc View Post
Another question; which is the more important to watch the temperature of - motor or esc?

WoodyT

To my knowledge neither should get warm nor hot. Mine has never been hot. Maybe warm but thats it. Whats up? Do you have a bind of sometype? Dirt? Your racing modified right? What's your timing set at? Man theres alot of questions that can be asked to figure out whats up but you shouldn't overheat with the gearing, motor size and esc's.

Hairless Monkey
HairlessMonkey is offline Find More Posts by HairlessMonkey
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:45 PM
United States, AL, Dothan
Joined Dec 2011
102 Posts
My radio can read the temp of one thing; so I was wondering which I should monitor - esc or mtr? No problems that I know of; might as well use the capability.
WoodyT
larc is offline Find More Posts by larc
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:17 PM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larc View Post
My radio can read the temp of one thing; so I was wondering which I should monitor - esc or mtr? No problems that I know of; might as well use the capability.
WoodyT

I would watch your esc temp if I had to pick one. Theres no way your motor will overheat. The hotest mine has ever been was 120 and thats low for a brushless. Do the esc. Sometimes during a good practice cells have tendency to warm up. This means they can also heat up your esc. I say esc larc.

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:37 AM
n2kartracing
AL
Joined Mar 2009
199 Posts
I agree with Cake. I'd monitor my esc but really you have nothing to worry about. I take it you have a Spektrum or Futaba?

N2
n2rckarting is offline Find More Posts by n2rckarting
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:34 PM
1fastrckart
Montgomery AL
Joined Mar 2009
217 Posts
Be interesting to see what the motors heat up to this summer being its suppose to be the hottest summer to date.

FastKart
1fastrckart is offline Find More Posts by 1fastrckart
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:17 PM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
My guess is 130 or below.

Jeffgmann
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:28 AM
master of spinning