HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2014, 03:48 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,594 Posts
I am flying backup L/B V1. #1 L/B still flys decent , but #2 has more pep and little smoother. Very good service. I have a V2 Exceed L/B and it will be along time before I need it.
My V262 just pooped out another motor..geezzzee. My two ole V929's have tons of time and fly well. The shame of it is motors are good is pinion wars like butter !! Yes Hobby grade is worth the cost. My Ladybirds seen some hot and heavy flying and still crank on. V929's fly well but are no ladybirds for sure.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2014, 03:01 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,594 Posts
Charged two new batteries and both L/B v1's are flying full on. Thought #1 V1 was getting tired..no way battery was soft. Motors arrived for V262, this will be last rodeo for this Quad. when motors give out bird will meet a bad end.
Old Nov 02, 2014, 03:41 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hey thanks for the link to the v1.4 fw Jes.! and I am grateful to finally have access to the "mythical" fixed firmware! I do vaguely recall mention of this fixed fw that was emailed, and I read that the later v.1 LB from WowHobbies was rumored to have the fixed fw as well. I'll have to dig-up my UP02 and give it a go.

My buddy was excited he got his Dromida Ominus from the LHS to practice orientation/coordinated turn with, and flew it at the Parkway while I tried to catch a bit of his flight with my Hybrid while FPVing.
v.2LB/V929 FPV Hybrid with Ominus flight (4 min 2 sec)

I think this is the last v.2 LB/V929 FPV flight video of the Summer and with bad video reception because my friend's drunk buddy put my LCD/DVR horizontal on the ground to watch the flight, but it also aimed the antennas at the ground. *sigh*
v 2LB V929 very windy FPV (2 min 1 sec)

I get much better/consistent image with my Skyzone goggles over my DVR and It's been quite vexing! I did just order a 14dbi panel antenna for it to try and get optimal reception, and a 7-turn Helical for the goggles to see what range I can get with 5.8ghz.

@Dankar: Hey buddy, happy to see you're still putting some flying-time on your wee quads too. but eeeesh... you still "fly" your V929!!? I had thought that my flying skills sucked a bit more than should have been when flying the new V929 "back in the day". But with the quite recent purchase of my new V929(before FPV modding), I take her out-side for a flights.... and it just fell from the sky every-time I try to push her... I just couldn't believe how bad the over-all programming was! It was WL first attempt at quad flight-programming though, and the current Gen. V636 has a quite impressive and mature programming and flights, so WL has come a long-way now, as has Walkera but with BL quads.
vpsporb is online now Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Nov 11, 2014, 02:17 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,594 Posts
I just criuse around house with V929 just for fun. I have two first examples.
The Ladybirds are great outside but get real small quick. Helis are my thing but still like my Quads. Hoten-X bl works well with Master c/p's and V450D01 v2. Yes still very much Walkera fan.
World of quads sure changed big time.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 02:31 AM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I just criuse around house with V929 just for fun. I have two first examples.
The Ladybirds are great outside but get real small quick. Helis are my thing but still like my Quads. Hoten-X bl works well with Master c/p's and V450D01 v2. Yes still very much Walkera fan.
World of quads sure changed big time.
Good to see you over here on the 'Dark Side' mate
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:49 AM
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,338 Posts
Is a protection cover available for this quad?
SilbernerSurfer is online now Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannafish View Post
Good to see you over here on the 'Dark Side' mate
What happened, you like became a ghost .? give up on helis ? I fly helis mostly but still get a knick out of my Ladybirds and Hoten-X bl. I see H/K has a c/p Quad 500 size 6 cell RTF .