SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:24 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Hi,

I have been waiting for the HK F30A or the 30A HK Blue Mystery to come back in stock. It's holding up my order for a tricopter.

I was wondering if the TGY AE30A will work well stock, and can it be flashed with simonk fw?

Thanks for your help

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Ok, I think I know what happened.

If the flight board MCU goes tristate on reset while a motor PWM output was high, the pin will continue to float high until air resistance or a very weak resistor eventually pulls it down to where it becomes detected as low. If it looked high for up to 2400 microseconds, and the ESC is armed, it will follow this request until the RC timeout happens. 2012-09-30 changes this timeout to be about 128ms, but does so by forcing a low rc_timeout on every successfully-received pulse once running, which is after a higher rc_timeout is allowed to build when stopped to verify a stable input before starting, armed or not. So, it should normally stop within 128ms, but not if there is only one pulse after a series of idle pulses and the motor is not spinning. In this case, it will work like older versions with a ~1 second timeout. Will verify and push an update if so.
That sounds plausible and now that I think about it, it may have run for about 1 second before shutting off. It was pretty quick.

I'll test the patched version on my ESC's so hopefully this won't be an issue again. Thanks!
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:33 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
I have been waiting for the HK F30A or the 30A HK Blue Mystery to come back in stock. It's holding up my order for a tricopter.

I was wondering if the TGY AE30A will work well stock, and can it be flashed with simonk fw?
The AE are SiLabs now (see the spreadsheet). You can go for the Mystery / BlueSeries or try here.
simonk is online now Find More Posts by simonk
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
224 Posts
hi simolk
thank you very much for change your program to use two-way . I 'have been using it for boat a and it runs well I do not use the car for 1/10 because torque weak. but for me is so full

I like AVR controller, and I wished I could write good programs like you but I do not know where to start

again thank you, wish you health
fantasy1988 is offline Find More Posts by fantasy1988
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:05 PM
Fly like never crash as always
Rio de Janeiro
Joined Mar 2007
275 Posts
thank you very much sir.

Quote:

Ok, attached is modified source code as an example and built .hex files for all targets. For bs_nfet, you could probably also enable COMP_PWM to get natural drag regeneration when input is lower than speed. A similar build worked in my RC-10 a while ago, but this is untested. I would still like to make neutral not brake and instead have thumb brake work on demand (do RC car remotes still have thumb brakes? ).
tascheri is offline Find More Posts by tascheri
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:31 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
The AE are SiLabs now (see the spreadsheet). You can go for the Mystery / BlueSeries or try here.
Simonk,

TQ for the response. Can the Atmega pogo flashing tool from HK be used or do I use the normal AVR tool? If the normal tool, the spreadsheet has no data for the solder points.

Please advice. Many thanks

chewy
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:11 AM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Please help me understand what is the boot-loader ?
this arduinio usb loader isnt a bootloader, it is a program with somce code in youre MWC code or on a separate arduino so you can flash all of your ESCs really fast. with a few commands as seen above with your computer. in earlier revs, it couldnt go with MWC.

you flash the simonk bootloader onto the atemga based ESCs and then use only the signal wire from the 3 pin to flash the ESCs again. dont need to un-shrinkwrap.

Quote:
The work flow I have been using to flash my ESC's on my Pro-mini MultiWii quad is like this:
youre gonna add this automated to the GUI, right,
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:14 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,101 Posts
Quote:
you flash the simonk bootloader onto the atemga based ESCs and then use only the signal wire from the 3 pin to flash the ESCs again. dont need to un-shrinkwrap.

youre gonna add this automated to the GUI, right,

so for the first time flashing (the bootloader) it is necessary to use the pads on the esc? then after that just use the signal wire to flash any future updated firmware...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:19 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
so for the first time flashing (the bootloader) it is necessary to use the pads on the esc? then after that just use the signal wire to flash any future updated firmware...
yes.
Even if you don't have a usb linker today it's worth doing bootloader option, Its a pain re-working it later...
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:11 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
So, how do u load the boot loader in?

chewy
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:39 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your help

chewy
The Mystery 30Aare in stock
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Oct 2012
115 Posts
hello simolk
I want to load a new program for the esc brushless to use for multicopter, but if I want to reload the original program of the esc from the manufacturer, the program code has locked the manufacturer?
you please tell me all esc brushless unlocked code from the manufacturer so I can buy them

thank you
future88 is offline Find More Posts by future88
Last edited by future88; Nov 01, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:27 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
The Mystery 30Aare in stock
Thanks. Just ordered some

chewy
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:15 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
I changed my mind about ordering these Mystery esc after reading the reviews. Some many people having problem with the bec does not bode well for its reliability.

Anyway, here is a buddy code if anyone is interested

USBasp AVR programming tool for Atmel: http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...0-23E9292D7E0D

chewy
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:47 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
Today i got an answer from Hobbywing on my question what the max refresh rate is for the Hobbywing FlyFun 18Amp i use , the answer is:
>>>>>
Hello, Jac

I am sorry for missing your last mail, so I didn't reply it.
All Hobbywing airplane ESC (including Flyfun-18A) can accept the input PWM signal with the maximum refresh rate of 432Hz.
If the input signal is higher than 432Hz, then the ESC will automatically discard some pulses in the signal.
In your case, the signal is 400Hz, so there is no problem to work with Flyfun-18A ESC.

Best Regards!
www.hobbywing.com

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

so Hobbywing ESC they are perfect to use for multicopters .
Hobbywing will update their product website with this high rate refresh of 432Hz
As you can see on hobbywing.com website the spec is stated now for all their ESC's e.g for Flyfun-18A ESC:
1 Specification
1.1 Output: Continuous 18A, Burst 22A up to 10 seconds.
1.2 Input Voltage: 2-4 cells lithium battery or 5-12 cells NiCd/NiMh battery.
1.3 BEC: 2A / 5V Linear mode BEC.
1.4 Refresh rate of the throttle signal: 50Hz to 432Hz.
1.5 Max Speed: 210000rpm for 2 Poles BLM, 70000rpm for 6 poles BLM, 35000rpm for 12 poles BLM.
(BLM = BrushLess Motor)
1.6 Size: 55mm*25mm*6mm.
1.7 Weight: 21g.
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies