aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:53 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
Although the variety of stock in the Aus warehouse is getting better, there is still alot of stuff that they dont stock. 9XR was on my shopping list and its not yet in the Aus warehouse so i didn't have the choice.

But yeah, if they have stock, i prefer to get it from the Au Warehouse. Its usually delivered quicker than it takes the HK warehouse to pack a box

PS - a note to all, dont bother buying HK gift certificates. You'll spend weeks chasing them for the codes. better to get cash put in your paypal account.
I got an email saying they are in now.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:40 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
It dont look like my dsx9 ?.Maybe a dx9
Looks pretty much exactly like my DSX9 with only slight differences in the bottom half (less buttons and no scroll wheel).
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Last edited by Teamsherman; Jan 28, 2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:03 AM
Land it where?!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2013
45 Posts
No other company I know of that you have to grab your video recorder to open packages because it's like a lotto with this mob. If you don't document your opening of packages they accuse you of removing the item or damaging the goods yourself. Don't know of any good from them, more bad than anything else.
Finney_ is offline Find More Posts by Finney_
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:10 AM
Flying, crashing, (re)building
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finney_ View Post
No other company I know of that you have to grab your video recorder to open packages because it's like a lotto with this mob. If you don't document your opening of packages they accuse you of removing the item or damaging the goods yourself. Don't know of any good from them, more bad than anything else.
Despite my bitching about the shipping time frames, I've never, out of the 40 odd orders (I realise this is a lot less than some people) have I had something screwed up. Never.

Now I understand why you'd be cautious but I'd hardly call it a lottery. Not having a go or anything but I'm just curious as to why my orders seem to be fine (if sometimes a little late) yet others have every problem known to man with them...
Elwood74 is offline Find More Posts by Elwood74
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:28 PM
Loose Sox Special Spec
Australia, SA, Modbury North
Joined Feb 2012
1,468 Posts
I think that there are many possible causes to these issues. Chinese postal service is woeful for a start, I sent a mate living over there three invites to my wedding and he never got any of them, despite the delivery details being written in English and Chinese! Freight within china is also slow and very expensive, hence a lot of companies do everything in house. ie parkzone make everything in one factory as opposed to buying in servos from somewhere else as it is easier and cheaper for them to jig up to make their own servos than buy them in from elsewhere and rely on Chinese freight services! lol

There has also been quite a few dramas with the dispatch staff at the HK warehouse. I've known the guys at the HK store in Adelaide for years, they have given me an interesting insight to how HK operate. They buy at a whole 5% less than what we can buy for, add gst, freight and profit margins equate to some of the crazy prices in the shop front. The biggest stooge is when they buy, they don't get a freight option. They just get told hey here is you're tracking number and you owe us x amount for freight. The dispatch staff used to work on commission for freight costs, as such would always push for the higher price options!

The other issue is that HK process thousands of orders per week, running into hundreds of thousands of dollars. The law of averages dictates that with such high volumes, you can expect a few issues. I'm area sales manager for a company that turns over $1b+/year. Now to have small time customers crying blue murder because one of their $30/month orders got stuffed up and they will never buy from us again... Well that's one less headache from someone that makes up less than 0.0000001% of our annual profits. I know it's a ratty outlook for the end user, but when it comes to big multinational business it doesn't matter what your member status is, or how many orders you've had over the years, to HK you are just a random number. Threatening them with rants on their FB page or RCG will not worry them one bit, as they still have hundreds of thousands of other customers. Not happy with a product or result? Contact CS in a nice manner. Didn't work? Lodge a PayPal dispute. No luck there? File a charge back request through visa/MasterCard. That procedure has gotten me out of trouble with every issue I've ever had from a multitude of stuffed up orders from numerous traders.

At the end of the day, you do get what you pay for. For the most part HK is 1/4-1/3 the price of the equivalent HH product. Now for the most part, I don't need things right away so I'm happy to wait 3-4 weeks for an international order to show up. If I need it now, I'll get it from a HH dealer. I can relate this hobby to building 1:1 cars, you can have fast|cheap|reliable but you can only pick two, you can't have all three lol. when I hear people complain that there $500 bird went in because of a $4 servo failure I tune out.
LooseSox is offline Find More Posts by LooseSox
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:32 PM
Loose Sox Special Spec
Joined Feb 2012
1,468 Posts
Just realised I typed half a thesis there and got a little off topic, my bad! lol

Basically there will always be issues with every company. How their CS chooses to handle them and the quality of the resolution to the problem they give you will be the deciding factor in wether you choose to put up with an odd issue and continue to support them, or move on and find somewhere else to shop.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:00 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,907 Posts
The awesome $16 soldering station is back in stock in the Aussie warehouse! Get in quick as they sell like hot cakes and they are an awesome piece of kit!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:16 AM
Loose Sox Special Spec
Joined Feb 2012
1,468 Posts
And they are already down to a -7 stock count!!!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:48 AM
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood74 View Post
Despite my bitching about the shipping time frames, I've never, out of the 40 odd orders (I realise this is a lot less than some people) have I had something screwed up. Never.

Now I understand why you'd be cautious but I'd hardly call it a lottery. Not having a go or anything but I'm just curious as to why my orders seem to be fine (if sometimes a little late) yet others have every problem known to man with them...
23 orders so far from HK and Sydney. Every one 100% complete and no complaints. I just don't like their back-order system as they don't tell you when stock may be arriving. A little more store feedback to customer wouldn't go astray.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:36 AM
Lame-As The real alternative!
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
23 orders so far from HK and Sydney. Every one 100% complete and no complaints. I just don't like their back-order system as they don't tell you when stock may be arriving. A little more store feedback to customer wouldn't go astray.
Ever thought of using their stock alert email service

Here's an example
narcas is online now Find More Posts by narcas
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:33 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,846 Posts
Awesome service from au warehouse and Aussie post, ordered 2 moray aircraft on the weekend, public holiday Monday, shipped on Wednesday and attempted delivery today lol.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:57 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
Ever thought of using their stock alert email service

Here's an example
Yep, it works well too! I still get emails for things I wanted years ago!! Lol
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:40 AM
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,968 Posts
[QUOTE=narcas;23998529]Ever thought of using their stock alert email service

Here's an example[/QUOTE

I use that all the time. It doesn't tell you when stock is expected.