SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2015, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by DronerFr
Joined May 2015
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDan101 View Post
I have to first correct what I previously wrote, "... the circuit board LED and the front white LEDs (which flash or stay lit together)." It should read, "which flash alternately when waiting to bind, or flash together when giving a low battery warning."

Anyway, your vid has pretty much got me stumped, sorry. EdIt add: After writing most of this I got around to looking at your pictures (thanks, very nice), and you might want to skip first to the last paragraph below.

It does look like yours is going into a low voltage flashing mode ("#3" above) when you up the throttle, but then it comes out of it when you turn off throttle. This is what I think might happen with a problem (short?) in your motor circuitry, but I would think you would get some sort of movement from some or all of the props, if only briefly.

You say you disconnected "each motor one by one to see if it could be a motor problem", good. You might also want to try disconnecting all the motors, and see if the lights react the same (#3) with throttle input. If they do, this eliminates the motors, their wires, and connectors to the board, and there's no need for my next suggestion. But, if the lights act like they should (stay on without flashing), then continue to troubleshoot it adding one motor at a time to see if one is the problem child.

On a possible unrelated issue, I'm not sure (it's a bit hard to see), but it looks like what I guess is your right front (even though it strangely has a red/blue LED instead of white) motor connection at the board is either plugged in or wired wrong (the red and black wires appear reversed). On mine, starting with the left front corner of the board (and the left front motor connection), and going clockwise, all motor wires on all connectors are: red then black, red then black, and so on the same.

Lastly, for now anyway, you said you "checked and everything seems to be fine", but looking at your picture of the top side of the board, the negative battery wire solder point looks to be "loose". Is it? even if not I might try re-soldering those battery power wires, and also add some solder, and maybe even a dab of hot glue to the other side of the board there. With all the handling they receive, those wires can work loose.
Thanks!

Yes, the color of the right front led is not the right one because whe I firstly changed it, it was the only working part I had, and having this bad colours in front right wasn't a problem for me as it was flying very well!

The same for the motor wire (sorry for that! ) but this is just pure negligence as I would say, I soldered the cables on the motors without caring about polarity as I just have to revert the cable on the control board to change the rotation of the motor and have the good one... sorry for that !

By the way I think that I found the reason why my v262 is faulty!!

I just remembered taht I've got an old control board that I changed on the first month of use of my v262, but this control board is working fine, I changed it because I tought that it was the reason why my v262 could'nt stay more than few second on air without falling... I didn't imagine that it was a motor (that I replaced after)... Anyway, I just tried my old control board, and the motors are working!!! So no power issue, no motor issue, it might just be on the control board...

And I decided to look one more time to the control board, and I think that I spotted 2 small missing parts on the middle of the control board : http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2015/...5732462302.jpg

I probably damaged them during my previous flight...

So the solution is quite simple, I only have to use again my old control board!!

Thank you very much for your help, I clearly would have abandoned without your help!
DronerFr is offline Find More Posts by DronerFr
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2015, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by LDan101
Joined Aug 2014
497 Posts
Glad you found it, and that I could help, if only to keep you indulged.

I did see what I thought looked a bit funky, that piece that has what looks like "147" something on it, and that is next to the AMS1117 (regulator?) chip, though I was holding off pointing to that so as not to muddy the waters too much. But, I totally missed what you just found.

Oh, and not to put too fine a point on it, but I still believe you did have a "power issue", only it was coming from the board's circuitry.

Happy flying....
LDan101 is online now Find More Posts by LDan101
Old May 24, 2015, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by DronerFr
Joined May 2015
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDan101 View Post
Glad you found it, and that I could help, if only to keep you indulged.

I did see what I thought looked a bit funky, that piece that has what looks like "147" something on it, and that is next to the AMS1117 (regulator?) chip, though I was holding off pointing to that so as not to muddy the waters too much. But, I totally missed what you just found.

Oh, and not to put too fine a point on it, but I still believe you did have a "power issue", only it was coming from the board's circuitry.

Happy flying....

Yes, it's the same piece, and there is also one on the other side of the control board, near the condensator. Also on my older control board they were different (yellow instead of black...). Imissed it too!

Yes, indeed, you're right, it was a power issue!

Thanks!
DronerFr is offline Find More Posts by DronerFr