New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2014, 07:20 AM
Find More Posts by ctraxx
Joined Sep 2013
352 Posts
Question
New Hobbywing Xrotor Esc for multirotors

So there are quite a lot of people here looking fr a simple solution to well known problems with high pole and low Kv motors and larger props combined with 4s or 6s lipos.
By accident i have found new series esc from hobby wing that confirms compatibility with majority motors know to have issues.
I have ordered set for my quad copter and i will begin testing asap.
I also attached a table with motors that are apparently compatible but that is yet still to be confirmed.

Some features:
1 Features
1.1 Special core program for multi-rotor controllers greatly improves throttle response.
1.2 Specially optimized software for excellent compatibility with disc-type motors.
1.3 All settings except the timing are preset, making usage simple, highly intelligent and adaptive.
1.4 The twisted-pair design of the throttle signal cable effectively reduces the crosstalk produced in signal transmission and makes flight more stable.
1.5 Compatible with various flight-control systems and supports a signal frequency of up to 621Hz (Note: all throttle signals over 500Hz are non-standard signals) .
1.6 Special drive chip has much better MOSFET driving effect than common driving circuit consisted of discrete components.
1.7 MOSFET with extra-low resistance brings high performance and great current endurance.

My setu p includes:
390Kv 22 pole turnigy motors
afro 30a esc (still having problems with newest firmware from simonK)
17 5.5 inch proppellers (two diffrent sets)
2x4s 5000mah 30c lipos
AUW: 3.2kg

If there is anybody that have successfully tested these esc, please let us all know.
Again soon as i get my hands on these i will report back with results.
ctraxx is online now Find More Posts by ctraxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2014, 03:47 AM
Find More Posts by Choppermike1
United States, TX, North Richland Hills
Joined Jan 2014
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctraxx View Post
So there are quite a lot of people here looking fr a simple solution to well known problems with high pole and low Kv motors and larger props combined with 4s or 6s lipos.
By accident i have found new series esc from hobby wing that confirms compatibility with majority motors know to have issues.
I have ordered set for my quad copter and i will begin testing asap.
I also attached a table with motors that are apparently compatible but that is yet still to be confirmed.

Some features:
1 Features
1.1 Special core program for multi-rotor controllers greatly improves throttle response.
1.2 Specially optimized software for excellent compatibility with disc-type motors.
1.3 All settings except the timing are preset, making usage simple, highly intelligent and adaptive.
1.4 The twisted-pair design of the throttle signal cable effectively reduces the crosstalk produced in signal transmission and makes flight more stable.
1.5 Compatible with various flight-control systems and supports a signal frequency of up to 621Hz (Note: all throttle signals over 500Hz are non-standard signals) .
1.6 Special drive chip has much better MOSFET driving effect than common driving circuit consisted of discrete components.
1.7 MOSFET with extra-low resistance brings high performance and great current endurance.

My setu p includes:
390Kv 22 pole turnigy motors
afro 30a esc (still having problems with newest firmware from simonK)
17 5.5 inch proppellers (two diffrent sets)
2x4s 5000mah 30c lipos
AUW: 3.2kg

If there is anybody that have successfully tested these esc, please let us all know.
Again soon as i get my hands on these i will report back with results.
With any luck I'll start testing today when I wake up. I just finished a new build. I have the Xrotor 40A ESC's. How are they performing for you?

My set up:

2700 gram Quad
T-Motor 4014 400KV
15X5 T-Motor Props
40A esc
Lightbridge
Gopro
Spektrum 9X TX
Choppermike1 is offline Find More Posts by Choppermike1
Old Oct 12, 2014, 01:54 AM
Find More Posts by John Hendry
John Hendry
Joined Oct 2013
234 Posts
Very interested to see what HobbyWing has come with. Please report back and tell us what you think. They sound like very good ESCs that eliminate some inherent problems in the design of ESCs. I'm wondering if they are as responsive as SK's firmware upgrades.
John Hendry is offline Find More Posts by John Hendry
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:24 AM
Joined Sep 2013
352 Posts
Guys i can easily say these esc are very good. My quad is very quiet now. Im still waiting for set of new props but even with two different shaped sets of propellers its just awesome. Quick response no sync loss or timing issues. I went for 40A version as the 20A was out of stock. They stay cool, actually very cool. Compared to my previous afros 30A and hk blueseries 30A. So far im very happy. Few more test to go to compare flight times.

Stay tuned for proper video of the quad. I still have to adjust gains in naza but thats the least of my worries for now.

Last edited by ctraxx; Oct 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 01:55 AM
Find More Posts by Choppermike1
United States, TX, North Richland Hills
Joined Jan 2014
130 Posts
I finally had some time to fly with the xrotor 40A ESC's and there great just the way they are. imo
If flashing makes them better that would be awesome because I have no complaints with my T-Motor 4014's 400KV. Its solid as a rock, smooth and doesn't get crazy with fast descents etc.
Choppermike1 is offline Find More Posts by Choppermike1
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:32 PM
Joined Sep 2013
352 Posts
Same observations here, i did some flying but not much. my cw motors were getting hot where the ccw motors stayed cool. I thought it was a problem with alignment and i have double checked everything but weather is bad just now so i don't have chance to test the flight times etc. When weather gets better i will report back with results.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by foosi
Joined Mar 2014
30 Posts
i hv 40A on my quad. It works nicely, cold and stable so far.

JFRC hurricane D2814 710kv motor.
1145 apc prop.
foosi is offline Find More Posts by foosi
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by myrcmodel
Joined Aug 2010
421 Posts
And they are available at http://www.hobby-wing.com/multi-roto...-controls.html
myrcmodel is offline Find More Posts by myrcmodel
Old Oct 28, 2014, 06:11 PM
Joined Sep 2013
352 Posts
So here are some first shots, i will also include some flying.
Tarot 650 390kv 4822 17" carbon blades 2x 4s 5000mah hobbywing xrotor 40A (1 min 17 sec)
Old Nov 08, 2014, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by Steadycam
Joined Mar 2013
92 Posts
hello! I'm planing to buy that esc's for my new heavy load quad. are they reliable? thnx
Steadycam is offline Find More Posts by Steadycam
Old Nov 09, 2014, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by artemen
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jun 2013
741 Posts
Had anyone tried these on 6s 400kv 1555 setups? If yes how hot do they get are there any sync issues?
artemen is online now Find More Posts by artemen
Old Nov 13, 2014, 03:29 AM
Find More Posts by flitelab
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
8,746 Posts
Swapped to the 40A on our custom X8 that runs the TMotor MN4014 330kv on 16X5 CF TMotor style props. Were using HK 40A flashed with Simonk before.

These new Xrotor are working great, we have no more timing squeals even punching full throttle like we had with the old ESCs. Ran over to full day shoots with no issues at all.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2014, 04:17 AM
Joined Sep 2013
352 Posts
These esc are really great so far, ihave the 40A and 20A versions. Im changing my setup to an X8 config very soon. Im not scared anymore that my bird will have timing or sync issues. I can recomend these for any type of mutirotor.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 05:31 AM
Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
United States, SC, Lexington
Joined May 2014
3,185 Posts
I'm glad to hear people are having good results with these ESCs.. I always used the platinum pro 30a Optos from hobbywing but with my pending octo build I needed something larger so I've sprung for the Xrotor 50a version. Should be here soon so I'll post some initial impressions when they arrive.
BuffaloJustin is online now Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:24 AM
Find More Posts by Cathay Stray
Flying Zayin
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined May 2012
1,174 Posts
Is there anything that would (or might) prevent this ESC from working on a fixed wing aircraft? Or, "it depends"? - on what, then?
Thanks,
- Mark -
Cathay Stray is offline Find More Posts by Cathay Stray