New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2016, 08:03 AM
Find More Posts by Edin508
Noob
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2013
133 Posts
Thanks! Just printed that out to use. I will have to read it later today and see if I have any questions.
Edin508 is offline Find More Posts by Edin508
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by Rfriedman
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2012
650 Posts
Sounds good. I tried to make firmware flashing and changing settings instructions as explicit as possible. This video will help you adjust settings on the 4ch and 8ch receivers.

You need to update tx, and your 12ch rx's to V2. Then, you can also change settings in the diversity receivers for channel mapping, ppm, or sbus if you are so inclined to do so.

Rangelink 4ch/8ch Receiver Configuration (7 min 11 sec)
Rfriedman is online now Find More Posts by Rfriedman
Last edited by Rfriedman; Jan 30, 2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2016, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by quad007
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
1,405 Posts
i'm selling a bunch of rangelink gear. nearly new. $60 shipped for each rx(old style, many pwm channels).
quad007 is offline Find More Posts by quad007
Old Feb 06, 2016, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by Sanjo
I'd rather be flying.
United States, MI, Muskegon
Joined Jul 2014
162 Posts
I still can't get RL and the Quanum No drift Tracker to work together.

I have plugged the negative and TPPM from the tracker to the tracker port on RL - but I can't get them to jive. This was supposed to be the only 2 wires required.

I've tried it wired through the trainer of a different radio and bound it to a different spektrum rx and it works when I toggle the trainer - but on my DX9 with the rangelink plugged in to the trainer, then the tracker plugged into rangelink - no dice.

any advice?
Sanjo is offline Find More Posts by Sanjo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ranger EX Flying high!
Old Feb 07, 2016, 10:40 AM
Find More Posts by Sanjo
I'd rather be flying.
Joined Jul 2014
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjo View Post
I still can't get RL and the Quanum No drift Tracker to work together.

I have plugged the negative and TPPM from the tracker to the tracker port on RL - but I can't get them to jive. This was supposed to be the only 2 wires required.

I've tried it wired through the trainer of a different radio and bound it to a different spektrum rx and it works when I toggle the trainer - but on my DX9 with the rangelink plugged in to the trainer, then the tracker plugged into rangelink - no dice.

any advice?
I am afraid of frying something - I don't want to hook up the wrong stuff - but there's no definitive info on any of this stuff unfortunately.

Am I supposed to plug in the signal from the head tracker to the PPM or TPPM on the rangelink?

When I tested the voltage of the rangelink head tracking port - the PPM has a 3 volt current running through it when I power the system up - but the TPPM has no current.

Should I be plugging the signal from the head tacker - to the TPPM or the PPM on the rangelink?

A few pages back someone said it was just the ground and TPPM that needed to be connected - but I don't think this is right, since I've had zero luck getting it to work like that. Also the tracker manual says use the PPM.

My concern is that if I plug the signal form the tracker to the PPM that has a current - that it will fry either the rangelink or the radio.

My head is about to explode...

The manual for the tracker says use the PPM stream to the radio for stuff.

But it doesn't include anything if you're using a LRS that's already using your PPM.

Like I said - I don't wanna burn any of this stuff up getting my balls on fire.

Thanks for any help.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sanjo; Feb 07, 2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2016, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by Sanjo
I'd rather be flying.
Joined Jul 2014
162 Posts
I also have tried this to a T:

Quote:
Head Tracker
Assigning Channels on TX:
1. If you have not already done so, Download the V2.10 zip file from Sid's RCG home page. (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=352541)
2. Connect the usb2ttl to the tx (ground to ground, tx-to-rx and rx-to-tx) and plug into an available usb port.
3. Open the application software JFPV v1.2 and select your serial port from the drop down box located on the bottom left portion of the screen.
4. Switch the tx to high power.
5. Hold down the mode button while powering up the TX and CONTINUE to hold the mode button down until you hear the second beep (approximately 10 seconds)
6.Click the read button on the transmitter side of the screen and select the channels you want to connect your head tracker to.
7. From the drop down box change the "no override" to the corresponding TPPM channel.
(i.e. CH6 - no override / CH6 - TPPM CH6)
7. Click write.

Head Tracker Port
TPPM - Head Tracker signal out. (Input ppm signal from HT into here, the rangelink will add it to next open channels)
PPM - (R/C PPM) Radio ppm signal out for Head Tracker, some need this for sync,some do not.
V+ - (R/C V+) Head Tracker power supply, some need this,some do not.
GND - (R/C GND) Head Tracker ground.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ranger EX Flying high!
Old Feb 07, 2016, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by _Sibi_
Joined Aug 2008
313 Posts
Sanjo just stick to this manual. Works for me with the same setup:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5340

this is very easy, no worries you won't frie anything (if you stick to my wire plan).
_Sibi_ is online now Find More Posts by _Sibi_