New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2015, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by davidbitton
United States, NJ, Bergen County
Joined Sep 2015
342 Posts
Discussion
Turnigy Reaktor Shows Dead Cell; B6AC Shows Cell OK

I have an issue with my new Turnigy Reaktor 300W charger. I kept getting an error when attempting to charge; voltage error. The charger was showing blanks for the #2 cell voltage (see attached). I put the 8000mAh 6S LiPo on my B6AC charger, and despite dealing with a low voltage error resolved with the NiMH hack, the B6AC shows voltage on all six cells. Has anyone else dealt with this? Thanks.
davidbitton is online now Find More Posts by davidbitton
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2015, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
United States, SC, Lexington
Joined May 2014
3,239 Posts
Let's break the tie; plug a simple cell checker/low voltage alarm into its balance lead.

I have both these chargers, and for what it's worth, I'd trust the Reaktor far before the B6, but That doesn't mean either is infallible.
BuffaloJustin is offline Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
Old Nov 21, 2015, 04:31 PM
Joined Sep 2015
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin View Post
Let's break the tie; plug a simple cell checker/low voltage alarm into its balance lead.

I have both these chargers, and for what it's worth, I'd trust the Reaktor far before the B6, but That doesn't mean either is infallible.
I do not have a cell checker; will a multimeter suffice? What am I looking for? Am I checking the voltage against the negative lead of the balance connector? Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2015, 04:34 PM
Joined May 2014
3,239 Posts
Well, at just a few bucks, I'd order one...

hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__67120__HobbyKing_8482_Cell_Checker_with_Low_Volt age_Alarm_2S_8S_AR_Warehouse_.html
Old Nov 21, 2015, 06:53 PM
Joined Sep 2015
342 Posts
OK, but while I'm waiting, what can I do?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 08:31 PM
Joined Sep 2015
342 Posts
Update

I used a Venom Low Voltage Monitor for 2S to 8S LiPO Batteries and it showed the first five sells at or slightly above 3.7v and cell #6 at 0.96v. So, which device do I trust; the B6AC, the Reaktor or the Venom?
Old Dec 01, 2015, 06:28 PM
Joined May 2014
3,239 Posts
Honestly if you have three devices giving you three different results on the same battery, I'd trust them all and decommission the battery...

Don't know what to tell ya man, never heard of such a thing. Could be as simple as an issue with the balance lead.
Old Dec 03, 2015, 08:46 AM
Joined Sep 2015
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin View Post
Honestly if you have three devices giving you three different results on the same battery, I'd trust them all and decommission the battery...

Don't know what to tell ya man, never heard of such a thing. Could be as simple as an issue with the balance lead.
I wound up draining and recharging the battery. Here are the results after baking it for 2hrs