New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:31 AM
Find More Posts by i_am_mark_evans
United Kingdom, England, Redditch
Joined Jun 2013
696 Posts
Aggertroll + Cush, i set up in the same way as you guys, so if you have a model that was twitchy with a rear cg yet you still had some up trim, that's the time to move the tail incidence? Although when you say 'twitchy' just how? i remember when i last had a radian pro and i put 15g on the tail to test and i still thought it was stable. (again the answer is a little off topic im sorry)

Scruffy, haha sorry i made you spend money, but same here the prices on some of the models were too good to pass, the yellow wing mini here is on sale at something like 45! I guess with the 1.5 meter though, they are run down stock/end of line now as the arf version has never come back into stock after selling out in the last sale.

just wish the weather would clear up here, either too windy, too wet, or both, *sigh*
i_am_mark_evans is online now Find More Posts by i_am_mark_evans
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:05 AM
Find More Posts by scruffy1
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
2,236 Posts
i went out with my "old" 900 just before dark in variable wind

average launch height 35m, best flight just shy of 2 minutes in almost total dark

it looked to go higher than previous sunset sorties, but i was a little disappointed in 37m as my best throw
scruffy1 is online now Find More Posts by scruffy1
Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM
Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
United Kingdom, Horbury
Joined Oct 2007
7,473 Posts
Was tempted to buy another dlg from HK , maybe the 1m one but decided I had enough planes already,
I just need weather to fly them.

CG is a hotly debated subject, seems it's a quite a personal thing to some degree, forward cog means stable in winds and easy to fly especially for beginners, rear more responsive but too fast back and it becomes unstable in that pitch is needing constant attention, this can then reduce efficiency because of all the control surface movement...

Incidence on tail is adjusted when cog is right where you want it and plane is trimmed out, if you still have up elev then adjust the incidence and retrim for flat elev until it is trimmed with no up elev.
Note on an all moving stab like blaster incidence is not an issue!
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by TLHover
DLG Bug Bit Me
Australia, NSW, Wauchope
Joined Jan 2012
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy1 View Post
i went out with my "old" 900 just before dark in variable wind

average launch height 35m, best flight just shy of 2 minutes in almost total dark

it looked to go higher than previous sunset sorties, but i was a little disappointed in 37m as my best throw
What altimeter are you using scruffy?
TLHover is online now Find More Posts by TLHover
Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM
Find More Posts by scruffy1
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
2,236 Posts
the hobbyking one

as featured here in my blog, some time ago

still going fine
scruffy1 is online now Find More Posts by scruffy1
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by Aggertroll
Nobody is prefect.
Germany, NRW, Lohmar
Joined Aug 2013
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans View Post
Although when you say 'twitchy' just how?
When you have your plane trimmed for level flight, launch it, level it and take your hand off the sticks.
If it glides and glides and glides, its not twitchy.
If you need to grab the stick to prevent serious mishaps, then its twitchy.
If the CG is too far forward it will be quite stable but it will not indicate the air it is flying through.
If the CG is too far back it will need constant correction to keep it from stall or dive.
Dial in the level of twitchyness you are comfortable with. And then forget about it and just fly.
Aggertroll is online now Find More Posts by Aggertroll