HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 01:26 PM
If in doubt, just eyeball it..
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2014
1 Posts
Build Log
Swept-forward DTFB foamie

If you've ever wondered what a swept-forward plane would be like, here's your chance to find out. I've been working on this design for awhile and it has been going unusually well. After drawing up some plans in Autodesk Inventor, I built an unpowered glider and began glide testing it. Surprisingly, and with the correct CG, the plane flew beautifully stable and has great stall characteristics. I decided to name it the SR-3 Lionfish after my first two designs, the SR-1 and -2.

The Lionfish has a 27" wingspan and a 29" overall length, so not a large airplane at all, but it is very light and every component of the airframe produces at least some lift. It will probably be very agile and quick when I get the powered version flying, hopefully sometime next week. So far the whole process has gone very smoothly, and I may be able to upload plans in PDF form so stay tuned!!!!

Happy flying,

Ryan
stingray23U is online now Find More Posts by stingray23U
Last edited by stingray23U; Today at 01:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:15 PM
United States, MI, Oxford Charter Township
Joined Dec 2012
452 Posts
Good luck with your design, I tried the same thing based on a designs I found on Outerzone called front to back, it was a rubber powered design, I had trouble controlling it once I installed a electric motor on it, come spring I plan to work on it some more and see if I can get it to fly, your design looks a lot nicer then mine.

Mike
Mikeofthenorth is online now Find More Posts by Mikeofthenorth
Old Today, 03:22 PM
skumgummi dave
Gresham, OR.
Joined Mar 2004
1,954 Posts
Good looking aircraft!

Dave-
foamdave is online now Find More Posts by foamdave