SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2011
29 Posts
still no monster power or tacon motors, I really need a Power 60 (400kv) type motor...
endeavor is offline Find More Posts by endeavor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Jan 2006
1,105 Posts
Hey Hobby Partz,
18 weeks now. How about just deleting items on your website which you have no clue on replenishing and save your customers the frustration in looking at hardware not in stock? Sure makes sense to me.
gofish is offline Find More Posts by gofish
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:31 AM
SoFlo Flyer
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Mar 2011
26 Posts
Guess what they are still out of stock! Feb 23 2012!

You got to hear my experience! October 21 2011, I ordered the Monster Power 46! Yes it was in stock It said so on the site! I ordered it and a esc and a lipo too, Yes my plane was built and I had been watching religiously for the 46 to get in stock! Email sent, order to be sent. next day email; order had been shipped all parts listed and shipped, 3 rd day shipping tracking # and shipping statement.
Day 4 email received from hobbyfartz; Partial shipment notice, they have shipped the esc and the lipo but the motor is out of stock. This after they had sent email with tracking # that detailed all parts with numbers having been shipped!!! split order! will be shipped in 2-3 weeks. I have called customer support weekly and get from 1-2 weeks to 5-6 weeks to 2-4 weeks you name it they've said it! Stuck in customs will be out in 1-2 weeks. The sorry deal is I had the esc and lipo sitting all this time warranty going out fast. I asked for refund they said ship them back but you have to pay shipping even though HP screwed up. I was unable to refuse the partial shipment as it got delivered even though I had a note on the door for ups to not deliver.
GET THIS, IT IS NOW FEBRUARY 23 2011 AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT SHIPPED MY "IN STOCK" MONSTER POWER 46!!!! WHEN I CALL TODAY WHICH I WILL, I KNOW WHAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP WILL SAY, I'M SORRY FOR YOUR DELAY IT SHOULD SHIP IN 1-2 WEEKS WE WILL BE GETTING THEM IN STOCK BY THE END OF THE MONTH (insert October, November, December, January and now February.) Yes this motor was IN STOCK when I ordered and payed for it.
I am determined to wait them out and see how much longer they can F*#K this up. I have even copy and pasted the email to them several times showing all parts shipped. They won't acknowlege that their order system is so screwed. Hobbyfartz sells the product then a few days later they check to see if it is in stock . they make sure the partial order is actually shipped before they notify customer that they are not able to fill the complete order.
4+ months since I ordered and paid for the IN STOCK MOTOR.
BTY even after I returned the lipo and esc it took 1 month to finally wrangle the refund from them. It was ridiculous! I won't even go into the details of their stupid customer service when it comes to trying to get your money refunded!!!
GAAAAAA!
HP customer service, deceitful, say anything, promise anything, no follow up, no clue, no knowlege, Frustrating, right hand has no clue what the left is doing.
GOOD LUCK
capnconch is offline Find More Posts by capnconch
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Sep 2006
72 Posts
The problem is that we, hobbyists, are still buying from these companies we criticize... I have been waiting for more than 6 months to get Exceed Monster Power motors. I really need several pairs of 46 for new twin projects. They should stop selling these motors (Tacon outrunners included) if they are not re-stocked in a reasonable time.
Also, I bought a pair of GenAces37-47 combo with 45a esc, but the motors came with NO accessories whatsoever. I sent several emails to Hobbypartz but... of course no answer from them. Guys, we should organize a boycott of this company.
Philbel is offline Find More Posts by Philbel
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Jan 2006
1,105 Posts
It's been over 6 months since HP's 1st reply of 1-3 weeks restocking. Monster motors, along with Alpha and Big Foot, are still advertised, but I'm convinced you will not be restocking any of these. Why not remove discontinued merchandise from your website?
Thanks!
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:19 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,818 Posts
I wish they'd straighten up the nitro engine section as well, getting rid of the outdated models that are no longer made and will no longer be stocked. I've had good luck with them the few orders I've placed but I have to agree with the opinion that they appear more and more "hokey".
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, NJ, Paramus
Joined Jun 2004
1,811 Posts
Monster Motors

Hi All I think I might going out on the limb here, but as far as the Monster motors go after 7 months of them being out of stock I DON'T think we'll see them ever again

What a shame!!!

Dan
DBono99 is offline Find More Posts by DBono99
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,105 Posts
Way to go HP, you've removed both the Monster and Alpha motors from your website.
Thank you!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:22 AM
Joined May 2010
25 Posts
Day late and a dollar short on this thread. Very disappoiting to find that they will not continue to sell the Alpha motors. Darn good motor for the price. Had the Alpha 370, spinning a GWS DD 9x5 prop on a 18 amp ESC. My twin rudder control with elevon foamie had unlimited verticle. 6 min flying time on a 1300 Lipo. I smoked it on going to a 9x6 prop as that is all I had adter my 9x5s ran out. Sure miss the alphas. Nitromodels has them listed all over $20 (all out of stock, mind you). I know paid around 9 to 11 for it when HP had them in stock.

I think they are slowly driving up the prices with the introduction of "new" lines motors. 1st it was the Optimas, some of which are over $20. Many of these Optimas are also out of stock and they have been for some time. Next is the new line called T-Motor, and everyone of these are well over $20.
no_spamola is offline Find More Posts by no_spamola
Old Jun 26, 2012, 03:41 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
Hello, I apologize for those who were waiting for the monster motor and never got them. If you are still waiting on a backorder of them, please contact our CS department or send me a PM and I'll see what we can do to help you out.

@no_spamola, you bring up a very good point. I did not know the reason either for the price increases but saw the same as you that motors were being rotated around. I went directly to the tech guys and they told me that the quality of the materials used for the motors now compared to the older motors is many steps higher. I then went to speak with R&D and they indeed confirmed that they requested higher quality (and unfortunately higher cost) parts from manufacturers. We hope to keep our prices down, but pride ourselves on being able to improve upon the past. I can assure you that each new line of products released, we have taken feedback into account and are striving to improve your RC experience.
Nitro_Gary is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Gary
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined May 2010
25 Posts
Alphas

@Nitro_Gary

I understand that allegedly "new" and "better" materials might cost more, thus raising the price of the product. Fine. Make a more expensive motor for those that might want that kind of motor but why not at the same time, keep the previous economical version available for us who are quite happy and content. I liked the alpha line, very reasonably priced and good quality for the money. I don't need or want the "new" and "better" version at 2x to 4x the cost.

In all of my dealings with HP/NM, I rate them 10 out of 10 for customer service, price, and quality. Now that they took the choice away, I will be looking elsewhere for motors and fixing the ones I have.
no_spamola is offline Find More Posts by no_spamola
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:30 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Its surprising that the magnet cost is real real real small in the cost of a motor but that has not stopped ALOT of SCAMMY retailers from raising the motor prices ALOT
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:29 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
@no_spamola
I will pass your comment over to our marketing department head to bring up in a future meeting. Thank you for the feedback.

@keyman923
I can assure you we are a legitimate business. As I stated before, we strive to increase the quality of products and based on feedback received, a majority of customers desire higher quality products despite the necessary price increase. Our R&D department keeps that in mind when sending over plans and materials requests to manufacturers. While we are constantly trying to improve our products, we will try strive to keep the prices as low as possible.
Nitro_Gary is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Gary