HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2011, 05:13 PM
Suffolk County NY , USA
Joined Mar 2009
521 Posts
Discussion
Sub boards for this section ??

How would one go about petitioning for adding sub boards to this section ??

I really want to keep up with parts .. but having to read through 6 pages fior just a wek is kind of a chore.

and a lot of threads end up going wild and lasting forever , making searches and finding helpful info harder.

Not sure what the best way to organize it is .. but with so many people in this section I am sure some of you are frustrated with this as much as I am.

So .. does this section ( multi rotor ) need sub boards ?? or is putting things in threads good enough for most people ??

Ideas / comments / questions about my sanity ..
Kevo500 is offline Find More Posts by Kevo500
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2011, 09:11 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
Good idea. Also check out the organized Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index It might be some help for you...
Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 08, 2011, 09:13 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
nevermind
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Feb 09, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:23 PM
Cherry Hill, NJ
Joined May 2005
631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevo500 View Post
How would one go about petitioning for adding sub boards to this section ??

I really want to keep up with parts .. but having to read through 6 pages fior just a wek is kind of a chore.

and a lot of threads end up going wild and lasting forever , making searches and finding helpful info harder.

Not sure what the best way to organize it is .. but with so many people in this section I am sure some of you are frustrated with this as much as I am.

So .. does this section ( multi rotor ) need sub boards ?? or is putting things in threads good enough for most people ??

Ideas / comments / questions about my sanity ..
Agreed
hauntfreaks is offline Find More Posts by hauntfreaks
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:29 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
yes too much valuable info gets lost in this one lake.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:46 PM
Suffolk County NY , USA
Joined Mar 2009
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Good idea. Also check out the organized Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index It might be some help for you...
Cheers,
Jim
Oh .. I think your sticky is great .. But it is also "flat" and things do get overlooked .. ( I remember looking for something once , that ended up being right in your list ... but my eyes did not catch it untill someone pointed t out to me ( and even had to tell me where it was in the list ))

I dont know , it seems as if folks on rc groups ends up using threads like small clubs .. and folks end up posting 'semi related' things that really would be interest to lots of others ..
Kevo500 is offline Find More Posts by Kevo500
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:09 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
Kevo,
Thanks.
True....despite the best organized efforts or "sub board's" folks still have to be able take the time and and like to read and comprehend... To build on the previous "lake" comment...You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink...
I'm all for improvements Some bright Gent would have to volunteer to take the time to build the sub board's and keep them organized. When RCG finally added the requested Coax heli thread to separate the tricopter, quad, etc., Multi rotor thread, it took a while for them to get it sorted, but it is at least now more subject focused.
Cheers,
Jim
"Somewhere it is written"
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevo500 View Post
Oh .. I think your sticky is great .. But it is also "flat" and things do get overlooked .. ( I remember looking for something once , that ended up being right in your list ... but my eyes did not catch it untill someone pointed t out to me ( and even had to tell me where it was in the list ))

I dont know , it seems as if folks on rc groups ends up using threads like small clubs .. and folks end up posting 'semi related' things that really would be interest to lots of others ..
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Feb 09, 2011 at 09:22 AM.