JG 5
Germany
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd_kari View Post
Hi Edge 767,
Thank you!

These aircraft were very decorative in summer 1944. However, after few months it was no longer in life insurance, they have been repainted.

The white cross changed into gray. Decreased and disappeared the red, white and green national colors. ( V.835, V.847)
I like it all!

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/33/13/0

http://inscale.org/public/?p=8435
Hey Kari!

Superb video! Super looking Gustavs! Nice to see my 109 sisters in hungary! Greetings from southern Germany! Invitation to join a hungarian sqadron, any time
Bf 109 is offline Find More Posts by Bf 109
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Captured Delta Ray
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:30 AM
trough carver craftsman
Joined Mar 2014
24 Posts
Thank you Bf 109!
Safe landing and of course Hals- und Beinbruch!
kmd_kari is online now Find More Posts by kmd_kari
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:19 AM
JG 5
Germany
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
Bf 109 G-10 EJG 2 Hagenow airfield Mecklenburg 1944

EJG = Ergänzungs-Jagdgeschwader

Based in Hagenow, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, 1944.

Nightfighter "Green One" Grüne Eins

RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:26 AM
United States, CT, Enfield
Joined Feb 2014
103 Posts
Holy cow! Looks amazing, This was actually my first one I wanted to get the decals from Callie and paint. But I was scared of overheating/bubbling from being all black. Have you flown it when it has been hot and sunny? I imagine maybe it doesn't get too hot over in Germany.
Ramleg85 is online now Find More Posts by Ramleg85
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:37 AM
JG 5
Germany
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramleg85 View Post
Holy cow! Looks amazing, This was actually my first one I wanted to get the decals from Callie and paint. But I was scared of overheating/bubbling from being all black. Have you flown it when it has been hot and sunny? I imagine maybe it doesn't get too hot over in Germany.
Thx Ramleg!

No, I just finished her yesterday. Maiden one week ago was horrible, she needed a lot of down trim...you can imagine, I was happy as she touched the ground with only one wing broken.

This is now the result after trim and repair. I could not believe that this black color (a special outdoor Polyurethen Color, scratch resist) makes her so much more tail heavy than the others I have painted.
Ok, so far, she flies!

About your suggestion in summer time...hmmm, that is right, I have to notice: Nightfighter from dusk till dawn!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bf 109; Dec 13, 2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:48 AM
JG 5
Germany
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
According to this source I did something wrong...
Next step is the conversation to a "green seven"...

Erganzungsjagdgeschwader 2 | Gruene 5 | 1944-1945. This Skin based on a historical Me 109G-14 AS. The unit of this aircraft was the 2./Erg. JG2 These unit was a special 'Mosquito-Jagd Staffel', (Mosquito-Interceptor), mostly based in Hagenow. It was a very small 'Staffel' with three Messerschmitt Bf 109G`s (The green 5, green 6 and green 7). The Staffel-Leader and the pilot of the 'green 5', was Oberleutnant Dieterle and the 1.Wart was Feldwebel Mueller. These aircraft, the green 5, are complete repainted with a 'special-highspeed-camouflage.' First the old camouflage-scheme must be delete by the 'black mens' and then, Oblt. Dieterle make a test flight with this bare-metall aircraft. Of his order, the Staffel-painters, are sprayed black colour on the Messerschmitt and prepared for nightfighting-missions against Mosquitos.

http://levbek.blogspot.de/2011/05/bf...2erg-jg-2.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:48 AM
Joined Feb 2014
103 Posts
Started laying down aluminum tape. Saw a guy on rc groups do this with a fms p-51, his job was way more pro as it shows more on p51s. I've been meaning to try out this idea on something, might as well since I've already changed a bunch of stuff on this. The tape is actually extremely light and looks pretty decent when sanded. Some of the more complicated shapes he sprayed with aluminum spray paint.

I just decided to go over it anyways since I'm gonna paint over it later. I am still gonna do the black 13 scheme and prolly doesn't matter much since it's gonna be painted. but I like the idea of over time when the paint starts coming off parts this will be underneath and not that foam look. I put in a 25 size motor and am running 4s 2200 packs so I should be fine with a little extra weight anyways
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:09 PM
JG 5
Germany
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramleg85 View Post
Started laying down aluminum tape. Saw a guy on rc groups do this with a fms p-51, his job was way more pro as it shows more on p51s. I've been meaning to try out this idea on something, might as well since I've already changed a bunch of stuff on this. The tape is actually extremely light and looks pretty decent when sanded. Some of the more complicated shapes he sprayed with aluminum spray paint.

I just decided to go over it anyways since I'm gonna paint over it later. I am still gonna do the black 13 scheme and prolly doesn't matter much since it's gonna be painted. but I like the idea of over time when the paint starts coming off parts this will be underneath and not that foam look. I put in a 25 size motor and am running 4s 2200 packs so I should be fine with a little extra weight anyways
Just awesome! No problem with 4S, she will become a rocket!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:24 PM
Joined Feb 2014
103 Posts
I found the best site so far for in detail paint schemes, I''m sure some others already have picked off here but I chose the black 13 because on the site it only showed a kinda profile view and figured white would be easy for the wings to guess but I was able to find a 360 view for it and others I though was cool so making me wonder if I should try something alittle more interesting then..
anyways

http://luftwaffe-profiles.blogspot.com/

tons of g-6s on here just cycle through the squadrons then memorize which one it was and go here

http://www.adlerhorst-hangar.com/Gustav.html
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:58 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Cañada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,763 Posts
The best resource are actual pictures. When researching Brandle I was lucky to find a book that had decent pictures of his plane. I actually compared them to the site you pointed out Ramleg on the adlerhorst site and found that there is a lot of artistic license on that site. Am I picky? Well , I would rather get it as close as I can if I have evidence to support what it looked like in real life. That Luftwaffe profiles site I haven't seen before Ram so I'll be studying it a lot.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:30 PM
Joined Feb 2014
103 Posts
Well sure I do agree the best resources are pics for accurate historical paint schemes. I picked one from an unknown pilot that I think looks cool so I guess I lucked out. Yea I'm sure for a historical pilot with evidence of what his plane looked like you wanna be on the money but I was merely sharing cause I said in detail paint schemes. There's way more little detail on that second site then I have been able to come across so far
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:05 AM
This area for rent
Vestal, NY
Joined May 2006
909 Posts
when making scale documentation color pictures are a problem because the judges don't realize that colors look brighter when the sun is at the cameras back, darker if cloudy, and way darker when the sun is in front of the camera. i would make black and white's of the pictures to force them to use the color chips. i don't know of anywhere to get them (color chips) today so try to figure out where the sun is in your pictures, or if it is cloudy cause all that will change the hue of your colors.

Joe
paladin-34 is offline Find More Posts by paladin-34