New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2015, 07:27 PM
Find More Posts by gklein
USA, CT, Sandy Hook
Joined Dec 2009
846 Posts
light weight for champ

I am new to fpv and have been having fun with a canned package mounted on my Slow Stick. But then I wanted to try a set-up on the champ. I used the following and achieved a 5 gram all-up weight. My first try was with the camera and tx operating off of the existing power system. i.e. sharing the battery. The video had lines at certain rpm's and at one of our fields (denser environment with houses and a factory) it was almost unusable with interference. I then added the Pololu step-up regulator and the difference is dramatic – lines gone and cleanly operating off of the one cell. I am using hobbyking's 200mah single cell for a little more punch another great cell is e-flite's 45c 150mah.

Oh, I almost forgot – I broke open one of the stock vertical antennas and used the innards. Next time I will make my own from coax that is now on order.

So far I have ranged about 200 meters. Using the Quanum hood.

600TVL 1/4 1.8mm CMOS FPV 170 Degree Wide Angle Lens Camera PAL/NTSC 3.7-5V
FX758-2 5.8G 200mW 32CH FPV Wireless Audio Video AV Transmitter Module
Pololu 5V Step-Up Voltage Regulator NCP1402
gklein is offline Find More Posts by gklein
Last edited by gklein; Nov 23, 2015 at 07:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2015, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
7,777 Posts

so many folks learned to fly RC plane with that UMX plane. And some did FPV on it too, I was a bit wary to load it up with fpv, but then my fpv was usually 15g or more. yours at 5g is awesome! I was using separate 1S lipo. but since I use a lot of pololu regulators, I should build another UMX fpv soon using regulator
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker