New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2015, 03:45 AM
Find More Posts by dino_squirrel
Joined Jan 2011
57 Posts
Get ready for this - Naza V2

So I built my Tarot 680pro, DJI E800 motors, Naza V2 flgight controller, and have a Pulse 6s 5500mah battery and have flown about 20 times. Only 20 times because I get such long flights that I get done what I need to get done.

So this weird thing happened....
I'm using the Airtronics 10G controller for flight and Aquila 6 for gimbal and the battery on my main controller went low so I got the alarm but the aircraft was feet away and doing simple maneuvers so I wasn't concerned. Well, about 17 mins in I noticed that full throttle did nothing but i still have control otherwise so i knew the controller wasn't dead. Either way, I landed, put fresh batteries in everything for safety and went to go back up - Nothing... GPS locked, motors checks, lights going, everything normal but it refused to arm the ESCs. I tried for ten minutes. I moved the sticks in every direction that would arm, I rebooted everything about 10 times, I moved the aircraft to a different location, i unplugged gps, i plugged in my emergency BEC, I literally did ever field service I could without computer.

So tonight I plug it into the computer to see if perhaps my radio was sending a different center stick position, but nope. All stick positions are calibrated properly. I reboot and go to try it, nothing, still no arming. GPS is flashing ONLY green, so I've got satellites for days. I again play with the sticks - All four corners opposite movement, top outside, center, then inside bottom, it armed! Dubya tee eff!? So I shut down, and try to re-arm the normal way, nothing. no matter how long I hold, nothing. So I do that spin thing again and it works, again.... So I abridge the motion, just top outsides on sticks, then inside bottom, nothing. I start centered, then top outside, then bottom inside, armed. Repeated this 5 times and it seemed to work... most of the time. I tried the normal arming procedure and nothing, not once had it worked.

summary - So, I flew, I landed, changed batteries, wouldn't arm. Took home, strange arming procedure produced shoddy results. Before I RMA this, is there something I don't know?

Also, a little side note. I was flying inside a VERY large warehouse shooting video close to an airport but I didn't even see one satellite so I flew slowly and all was fine. When I changed batteries, it wouldn't arm (this was a moth ago). So I held down the sticks for 10 seconds and then it finally armed. That new 10 second hold became the normal arming! WHY?! It changed for no reason.

Should I just send this sucker in?
dino_squirrel is offline Find More Posts by dino_squirrel
to remove ads between posts