New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2015, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by JonnyJ
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Feb 2006
479 Posts
Vibration spikes making alt hold go crazy?

I have a tarot 650 with a genuine 3dr Pixhawk. It flies wonderfully in stabilize but in alt hold or position hold it goes kinda crazy. It is fairly stable at a hover, though it does rise and lower a bit. But when moving it goes through huge altitude swings sometimes it goes ballistic and climbs and the only way to bring it down is to flip back to stabilize. When looking at the logs the vibrations are just a bit out of spec. The primary vibration spike is in the z axis and it happens right before the big rises in altitude.

I have used a laser to balance my motors and my dubro balancer for my props, everything seems very balanced so i'm not sure where the vibration could be coming from? Is it perhaps that the vibration dampening material is not enough? I'm using 4 pieces of kyosho gel as recommended in the apm manual. Could this be my problem?
JonnyJ is online now Find More Posts by JonnyJ
to remove ads between posts