Old May 15, 2015, 10:42 PM
Find More Posts by puzzler300
United States, MN, Saint Cloud
Joined Oct 2014
6 Posts
Build Log
Foam Board Petrel T13

Hi all,
So a little background, I'm pretty new to the whole RC scene and newer still to RC sailplanes. I had gotten a Gentle Lady through my local club, but really got tired of beating that up and repairing the balsa and monokote. So I decided that a cheaper and perhaps more durable intro glider could, and probably should be made of foambaord. So armed with a bunch of pictures I tried to build a foam board T13, I think the airframe turned out all right, but I'm still waiting for my servos to arrive.

My apologies, I wanted to make this a build log, but I built it in two days, I figured it'd be easier to just make one longer post.

Over all, it has a wingspan of 90 inches (2.28m) and is 43 inches (1.092m long). It's mostly built of foamboard, the only exception being the wing mounts(brass tubing and hitch-pins) and some reinforcing dowel rods. I haven't mounted the high start hook yet, or the servos, but other than that it's finished.

I don't have any plans as of yet, but I could get some together if somebody wants.

http://imgur.com/a/10IYT#QNl6ANF

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, just seemed like an appropriate place.
puzzler300 is offline Find More Posts by puzzler300
to remove ads between posts