Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:04 PM
biker hiker puter geek
Joined Dec 2013
192 Posts
Rant
More Hobby King HORROR stories

i ordered the wrong batteries last night, and when i realized i did, i got on HobbyKing's live chat immediately. i was told that it would take 7 days to credit my paypal account. the customer service rep said that if i canceled the order, i would get a store credit and i could order the correct batteries...

"[08:32:56] Brent: Thank you for your cooperation as for this matter to be solved. We will notify your order has been cancelled. You may also check your HobbyKing account later on for any updates as for the bonus points. Thank you and goodnight."

..well i never got an email and i noticed that the order went through. i got on live chat tonight and much to my surprise i got this answer:

Jed7:17:36 PM
Upon checking your order, I can see that the status of your order is Printed which means that it cannot be cancelled anymore

"Jed7:42:53 PM
As much as I want to help you, please be informed that there is nothing in my power that I can do to cancel your order since it is already in printed status as per our rule"

I am done with this horrible vendor. they have no respect for the customer and they just want to rip customers off...I WILL NOT BUY FROM THESE IDIOTS AGAIN.......THEY ARE LIARS.

"the order was printed" what does that mean? not shipped, but PRINTED.......they have cheap prices, and we all know why...............i go out of my way to buy from vendors that are honest, even if the prices are higher.....never again. criminals.....
uncledude is offline Find More Posts by uncledude
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:11 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Oct 2011
21 Posts
How long did you wait to receive the email before contacting them again? I don't really see how that's a 'HORROR' story.
nick623 is offline Find More Posts by nick623
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:17 PM
biker hiker puter geek
Joined Dec 2013
192 Posts
i never got an email from them...i went to my account and i saw that the order was processed...i then went on live chat and wasted my time with the crooks..the horror is that i was lied to. this isn't the first time they screwed me on an order.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:17 PM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Sep 2012
692 Posts
My order was "printed" but not yet shipped and I was able to cancel it and got the refund credited to my PayPal account.

You can always file a dispute on PayPal.
natscape is offline Find More Posts by natscape
Old Apr 01, 2014, 12:41 PM
biker hiker puter geek
Joined Dec 2013
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natscape View Post
My order was "printed" but not yet shipped and I was able to cancel it and got the refund credited to my PayPal account.

You can always file a dispute on PayPal.
I'll do that....thank you for the reminder. i was so pissed i didn't even think of opening a dispute with paypal.

i get an email from the Hobby King "checker_robot" today telling me that my items are going to be shipped.

"Dear ***
This is an email from hobbyking's product checker #309.
I would like to inform you that your product(s) have been double checked and are now packed in their box and sent to the dispatch area. Please allow 48hrs for any tracking information to be displayed/updated.

Thanks for your support!
Hobbyking.com "

i can't believe the blatant disregard they have for their customers....they made the mistake and there is no way to cancel the order.....this is one screwed up company...i guess if they had to compete on a level playing field they would have gone out of business a long time ago......truly pitiful....

MORE LIES TODAY...................

Joram1:47:23 PM
The order can be canceled even if it is in printed status but we have to wait for the warehouse confirmation. As of now, we have not received any confirmation from them. I can assure you that your request will be processed once we received the confirmation from the warehouse.
Last edited by uncledude; Apr 01, 2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2014, 08:58 PM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Sep 2012
692 Posts
That sucks. You can still file a PayPal dispute if you have the HK chat transcripts.
natscape is offline Find More Posts by natscape
Old Apr 02, 2014, 08:16 AM
United States, NY, East Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2013
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledude View Post
...they made the mistake...
We did?

Quote:
i ordered the wrong batteries last night...
Seems this is a two way situation. How long did you wait after you realized your mistake that you contacted us?

We'd be happy to help sort out your issue if you PM us the details of the order. We're not "idiots" and "liars." In fact, there's no evidence in any of your correspondence of us being either one of those. We do acknowledge that there are ways we can improve and the new US-based CS/PS team is proof of that, we're doing a lot of good, helping many customers.

Let us help you as well.

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 02, 2014, 12:40 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC View Post
We're not "idiots" and "liars."
You forgot "criminals" !
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Apr 02, 2014, 01:22 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,712 Posts
And "crooks"

And all because a guy ordered the wrong item.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Apr 02, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2014, 03:59 PM
biker hiker puter geek
Joined Dec 2013
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC View Post
...they made the mistake..
We did?

Seems this is a two way situation. How long did you wait after you realized your mistake that you contacted us?

We'd be happy to help sort out your issue if you PM us the details of the order. We're not "idiots" and "liars." In fact, there's no evidence in any of your correspondence of us being either one of those. We do acknowledge that there are ways we can improve and the new US-based CS/PS team is proof of that, we're doing a lot of good, helping many customers.

Let us help you as well.

HK CS NY

Mr. HobbyKing,

i acknowledge that i made a mistake, as we all are capable of that, but when i realized it, i immediately got on your "Live Chat" to ask for assistance, which i did get (SO I THOUGHT).

since you took the time to answer post describing my horrible experience dealing with your organization, i felt compelled to give you all of the information, so you can correct your problem:

FIRST CHAT SESSION:

HobbyKing Customer Service cs@hobbyking.com via mail11.comm100.com

Mar 30 (3 days ago)

to me
Start Time: 03/31/2014 08:04:30
End Time: 03/31/2014 08:36:15
Operators: Brent
Transcripts:
Please wait for a site operator to respond...
If you do not want to wait, please click here to leave us a message.
Operator Brent has joined the chat.
[08:04:30] Brent: Hi! This is Brent assisting you, how may I help you today?
[08:04:58] don: i ordered the wrong battery today and i would like to change it.
[08:07:39] Brent: May I have your order number?
[08:07:55] don: 2008958929
[08:13:50] Brent: One moment please.
[08:13:58] don: ok
[08:21:20] Brent: Thank you for patiently waitng Mr. Don. I have notice that you have the same item on your order with 2 quantities. Unfortunately, I can't modify your order. The best way to settle this is to cancel this order and we will process a refund/store credit to your account.
[08:22:13] don: ok i will do that. is the cancellation immediate?
[08:22:42] Brent: Yes, we will do it for you. All we need is your confirmation.
[08:22:43] don: and will my paypal account get credited tonight
[08:23:48] Brent: If you choose a refund through PayPal, It would take with 7 days to be completed.
[08:24:31] don: i don't want to wait. i will just take the batteries i ordered.
[08:26:21] Brent: Okay. Rest assured that we will notify you once your order has been posted.
[08:26:25] Brent: Is there anything else I may help you with?
[08:27:00] don: if you do a store credit, can i just place an order tonight for the new batteries i want
[08:30:54] Brent: Absolutely yes!
[08:31:16] don: ok, let's do that and i will reorder the batteries tonight. thanks
[08:32:56] Brent: Thank you for your cooperation as for this matter to be solved. We will notify your order has been cancelled. You may also check your HobbyKing account later on for any updates as for the bonus points. Thank you and goodnight.
[08:33:22] don: thanks
[08:33:42] Brent: Your're always welcome Don.
[08:33:55] don: xie xie
The visitor has left the chat.
The chat is ended.

SECOND CHAT SESSION:

Operator Jed has joined the chat.
Jed7:06:47 PM
Hi! Thank your for contacting HobbyKing. I hope your'e doing fine, This is Jed assisting you. I’m here to provide great help today. How may I help you?
don7:07:55 PM
i canceled an order yesterday, and i was to get a store credit, but it still says that the order is in the system.........order #2008958929
7:16:05 PM
are you still online?
Jed7:17:36 PM
Upon checking your order, I can see that the status of your order is Printed which means that it cannot be cancelled anymore
don7:18:06 PM
i was told that it was to be canceled last night....did someone not do their job?
7:18:53 PM
this is the chat session from last night:
7:18:57 PM
[08:32:56] Brent: Thank you for your cooperation as for this matter to be solved. We will notify your order has been cancelled. You may also check your HobbyKing account later on for any updates as for the bonus points. Thank you and goodnight.
Jed7:22:30 PM
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assure that this will not happen again
don7:22:54 PM
not acceptable...you need to do something about it NOW
Jed7:42:53 PM
As much as I want to help you, please be informed that there is nothing in my power that I can do to cancel your order since it is already in printed status as per our rule
don7:43:55 PM
then call your boss and make this right for me.....printed is a joke....do something...give me a credit and let me order the correct items....this is wrong
7:46:30 PM
YOU MADE THE MISTAKE NOT ME.......
Jed7:47:58 PM
One moment please as I check if there is still anything I can do to help you
7:59:51 PM
I already have placed your order on hold and we will have to wait for the warehouse confirmation. I already have reported the operator to our management
8:00:07 PM
Is there anything else I may help you with Don?
don8:01:37 PM
this is no way to treat a good customer....i am done with you criminals...i will make sure to post this outrageous treatment on all the RC forums so you will lose business.....i guess you didn't provide me with "GREAT" help today Jed.....
Jed8:01:54 PM
We really apologize for the inconvenience Don
don8:02:20 PM
not good enough....your organization sucks liars and cheats
8:02:56 PM
i will post this on as many sites as i can.....thanks for nothing JED
Jed8:03:16 PM
for nothing?
8:03:29 PM
I placed your order on hold so that it will be cancelled
don8:03:32 PM
ya nothing...give me a credit like i was promised
Jed8:04:18 PM
as much as I want to give you the credit that you were promised, please be informed that we still have to wait for your order to be cancelled
8:04:58 PM
If I did nothing then I shouldn't have put your order on hold so that it will still be shipped
don8:05:38 PM
i thought that you had no power to do anything..that's what you said
8:05:57 PM
Jed7:42:53 PM
As much as I want to help you, please be informed that there is nothing in my power that I can do to cancel your order since it is already in printed status as per our rule
Jed8:08:54 PM
But I was able to find a way, but there is no guarantee that it will be cancelled. It may or may not be cancelled
don8:09:51 PM
sure, so i just sit and wait for you to respond like today.....when will i be informed???
Jed8:11:15 PM
We will informed you within 24 to 48 hours once we receive an update regarding the cancellation request
8:11:26 PM
Again, we really apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you
don8:14:05 PM
whatever....i just hope you lose future business so other customers don't get screwed by incompetent HobbyKing employees.....i'll buy from BangGood from now on.
Jed8:15:32 PM
I understand your frustration Don. Is there anything else I may help you with?
don8:16:35 PM
ya, go check out the RC forums and see how pissed i am at your corrupt organization.....seee ya

THIRD CHAT SESSION:

Operator Joram has joined the chat.
Joram1:41:06 PM
Hi don,This is Joram at your service. I hope you're doing fine!
How may I help you today?
don1:41:36 PM
can you check on this order for me? 2008958929
Joram1:42:10 PM
Let me check your order. One moment please.
1:43:27 PM
As I have checked, It seems that your order is on hold because you want to cancel the order even if it is in printed status already.
don1:45:08 PM
i asked that it be canceled 2 nights ago, but it wasn't and then i was told last night that it couldn't be canceled because it was in "printed" status. someone didn't do their job. i want a credit now for the order
Joram1:47:23 PM
The order can be canceled even if it is in printed status but we have to wait for the warehouse confirmation. As of now, we have not received any confirmation from them. I can assure you that your request will be processed once we received the confirmation from the warehouse.
don1:48:12 PM
and how long is that going to take? it's already been 2 days. i am not a happy customer
Joram1:51:00 PM
I know that you are upset right now. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause you. I will make a follow up again in our warehouse to speed up the process of your request. I will inform you once the I have got an updates from our warehouse.
don1:52:06 PM
can you please give it your best effort. this has been a real problem for me...thank you for your efforts.
Joram1:53:24 PM
I will do my best to help you with your concern. This concern would not be taken for granted.
don1:53:42 PM
thanks
Joram1:56:22 PM
Thank you also for your continued patience and understanding regarding this matter. My pleasure serving you today. Have a great day!

AND FINALLY THE LAST SESSION I HAD WITH THE ORIGINAL, INEPT, CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE................BRENT.......YES THE SAME GUY THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO CANCEL MY ORDER........................

HobbyKing Customer Service cs@hobbyking.com via mail11.comm100.com

4:39 PM (12 minutes ago)

to me
Start Time: 04/03/2014 03:18:07
End Time: 04/03/2014 04:37:35
Operators: Brent
Transcripts:
If you do not want to wait, please click here to leave us a message.
Operator Brent has joined the chat.
[03:18:07] Brent: Hi! This is Brent assisting you, how may I help you today? We are currently experiencing high volume and handling multiple chats as of the moment. In regards to this matter, I would like to ask for a spare minute to address all of the inquiry including yours. I will try to get back to you as fast as I can. I apologize in advance for the possible delay in response to your message. For the meantime kindly state your concern and order number as well (If any). Thank you!
[03:18:58] don: order # 2008958929 was canceled. am i going to get a credit
[03:22:34] Brent: One moment please.
[03:27:32] Brent: Thank you for waiting
[03:27:43] Brent: After checking your order has a Dispute.
[03:29:05] don: the dispute was that i wanted to cancel it but was told that it couldn't be. now i see it's canceled and i would like to get a store credit so i can order the right batteries.
[03:34:22] Brent: I understand
[03:35:16] Brent: But since there is a dispute. we cannot process bonus points because there is a dispute.
[03:35:45] don: i don't care about bonus points
[03:40:41] Brent: Can you clarify your cocnern?
[03:41:28] don: i just want a credit for the canceled order so i can order new batteries. i don't care if i lose the bonus points. if you can do that it would be great
[03:42:42] Brent: I understand but we cannot process any credit if you have an opened dispute.
[03:43:09] don: so what do i do now?
[03:44:33] Brent: Its up to you Don. if you want the sore credit you can close the dispute first.
[03:44:57] don: how do i do that. the order is canceled now
[03:46:50] Brent: What do you mean by that?
[03:47:06] don: dispute with what?
[03:49:07] don: i thought the dispute is settled as you canceled the order. I'm confused
[03:53:56] Brent: SInce you have a dispyut a dispute we cannot process your request.
[03:54:44] don: i don't understand, isn't the dispute settled? the order is canceled....what do i do next?
[04:00:01] Brent: Not yet
[04:00:29] don: ok so when does the dispute end
[04:04:40] Brent: Its Up to you. when you will close the dispute.
[04:05:24] don: how do i close the dispute...i don't know how to do that....the order is canceled. there is no dispute, right?
[04:06:12] Brent: Yes
[04:06:43] don: we seem to be going in circles...what do i do next so i can order again?
[04:07:23] Brent: You need to close the dispute for us to process the ereifn
[04:08:10] don: and how do i close a dispute
[04:08:53] Brent: Contact paypal. to close your dispute.
[04:09:47] don: now i know what you are talking about they never contacted me. i am new at this. i will try to do it
[04:11:43] Brent: I understad.
[04:11:52] Brent: understand*
[04:12:33] Brent: But you are the one who can close the dispute is you.
[04:14:10] don: ok i think it's closed now
[04:14:12] don: PayPal Note: Buyer confirmed that buyer and seller reached an amicable resolution on this Dispute and buyer closed the Dispute.
[04:15:17] don: can i please get a credit now so i can reorder?
[04:16:28] Brent: One moment please.
[04:22:30] Brent: Thank you for waiting
[04:22:39] Brent: Do you wish bonus points?
[04:23:42] Brent: Don?
[04:23:51] don: sure
[04:23:59] Brent: One moment please.
[04:24:49] Brent: I have already stored bonus points in your account.
[04:25:34] don: ok thanks brent...how can i avoid this in the future...
[04:26:29] Brent: What do you mean?
[04:28:15] don: this whole process was a mess. i was told that my order was to be canceled the first time
[04:28:51] Brent: Who told you that yoru order has to be canceled?
[04:29:14] don: the first time i got on chat 3 days ago
[04:31:19] Brent: Double check your order and contact us as soon as you have any modifications or any thing alike.
[04:32:30] don: i did and when i realized the order was wrong i got on chat to cancel the order. i was told it will be canceled and that i would be notified.
[04:33:19] Brent: And also you can double check your order before placing it.
[04:33:45] don: well mistakes happen don't they Brent
[04:34:17] Brent: Yes Don. All of us commits mistakes.
[04:34:59] don: here is the chat transcript if it will help
[04:35:15] Brent: That is not needed any more Don.
[04:35:22] don: Start Time: 03/31/2014 08:04:30 End Time: 03/31/2014 08:36:15 Operators: Brent Transcripts: Please wait for a site operator to respond... If you do not want to wait, please click here to leave us a message. Operator Brent has joined the chat. [08:04:30] Brent: Hi! This is Brent assisting you, how may I help you today? [08:04:58] don: i ordered the wrong battery today and i would like to change it. [08:07:39] Brent: May I have your order number? [08:07:55] don: 2008958929 [08:13:50] Brent: One moment please. [08:13:58] don: ok [08:21:20] Brent: Thank you for patiently waitng Mr. Don. I have notice that you have the same item on your order with 2 quantities. Unfortunately, I can't modify your order. The best way to settle this is to cancel this order and we will process a refund/store credit to your account. [08:22:13] don: ok i will do that. is the cancellation immediate? [08:22:42] Brent: Yes, we will do it for you. All we need is your confirmation. [08:22:43] don: and will my paypal account get credited tonight [08:23:48] Brent: If you choose a refund through PayPal, It would take with 7 days to be completed. [08:24:31] don: i don't want to wait. i will just take the batteries i ordered. [08:26:21] Brent: Okay. Rest assured that we will notify you once your order has been posted. [08:26:25] Brent: Is there anything else I may help you with? [08:27:00] don: if you do a store credit, can i just place an order tonight for the new batteries i want [08:30:54] Brent: Absolutely yes! [08:31:16] don: ok, let's do that and i will reorder the batteries tonight. thanks [08:32:56] Brent: Thank you for your cooperation as for this matter to be solved. We will notify your order has been cancelled. You may also check your HobbyKing account later on for any updates as for the bonus points. Thank you and goodnight. [08:33:22] don: thanks [08:33:42] Brent: Your're always welcome Don.
[04:35:39] don: ya we all make mistakes....thanks for your help
[04:36:38] Brent: You're very much welcom
[04:36:41] Brent: welcome
[04:36:44] Brent: *
[04:36:58] don: Jed7:47:58 PM One moment please as I check if there is still anything I can do to help you 7:59:51 PM I already have placed your order on hold and we will have to wait for the warehouse confirmation. I already have reported the operator to our management
[04:37:01] Brent: If there are any issues with regards to hobbyking dont hesitate to contact us again.
[04:37:09] Brent: Goodbye for now.
[04:37:15] don: haha see aya
[04:37:33] Brent: Bye.
Operator Brent has left the chat.
The chat is ended.

AS YOU CAN SEE, WHEN I INFORMED HIM THAT IS WAS HIM THAT SCREWED UP MY ORDER HE DIDN'T HAVE MUCH TO SAY......................

YES I STAND BY MY CLAIMS....LIARS AND CROOKS. I HOPE YOU SAW WHERE BRENT TOLD ME HE WAS GOING TO CANCEL MY ORDER..............YOU DID SEE THAT MR. HOBBYKING DIDN'T YOU??????????????

I'm sure you won't respond to this post...Mr. HobbyKing.......but i did finally did get my credit...i do think that BRENT enjoyed making my buying experience the worse he could possibly do....

horrible at best Mr. HobbyKing, wouldn't you agree?
Last edited by uncledude; Apr 02, 2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2014, 04:34 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:

horrible at best Mr. HobbyKing, wouldn't you agree?
Ya, the rant and the way some people treat others is both amazing and stunning, in a horrible way.

If only everything worked perfect every time. Wow
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Apr 02, 2014, 04:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Here's how reasonable people act:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2136650

Simple problem, simple solution. Not temper tantrums, no name calling, problem solved.
Old Apr 02, 2014, 05:42 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,712 Posts
Hobby Kings actions seem reasonable to me. They just wanted to make sure the batteries had not been shipped prior to issuing a credit. After warehouse confirms batteries are still there, refund issued. Problem solved.

Would anyone expect a vendor to issue a refund for goods in the mail?
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Apr 02, 2014, 05:50 PM
biker hiker puter geek
Joined Dec 2013
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Hobby Kings actions seem reasonable to me. They just wanted to make sure the batteries had not been shipped prior to issuing a credit. After warehouse confirms batteries are still there, refund issued. Problem solved.

Would anyone expect a vendor to issue a refund for goods in the mail?
....reasonable? how about the lies i pointed out, about not being able to cancel an order when it is "printed"...you must have missed that one, right? ya and how about all the time i wasted with them....i guess you didn't read the whole chat transcript....why would you, it didn't affect you.....or maybe you did and you want to deflect some of the attention.....

thanks for your support, as a fellow hobbyist...
Last edited by uncledude; Apr 02, 2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2014, 09:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
My god...there is no HORROR anywhere. What is with people getting so hysterical about this company?

I don't think they operated much differently than other companies in similar situations, absent the chat that seemed to go on forever. You were offered the help of a US based CS rep and turned it down. Doesn't really appear you wanted help, just to rant, accuse, and call people/companies names.
Closed Thread