Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Today, 12:23 AM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyclayton View Post
What was the issue mounting the battery on top. Have they shortened the battery lead on the 808? Try mounting it underneath the 808. U are correct two motors will be working harder than they need be
Thanks Andy. I moved the 808 further back towards the tail, so now the battery wire and battery are less likely to make contact with the propellers.

I did a few flights with the 808 camera attached to the H107D and noticed that I'm only getting about 1 minute and 45 seconds of flight time, but that was on a windy day, so I'm not sure if "fighting" the wind depletes the battery aggressively ? When I tested it in doors, I got about 2 minutes and 45 seconds of flight time but that was mainly hovering. Do these flight times seem normal to you ? (BTW: I do have the jelly fisheye lens on my H107D.)
sylvestor2002 is offline Find More Posts by sylvestor2002
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:46 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,643 Posts
45deg dipole test flight

I did get better and more consistent coverage of this "Gubment" soccer practice/ flying area with the dipole tilted to 45deg. and was pretty decent compared to drop-outs and black-outs before with the horizontal dipole.
H107D 45deg dipole (2 min 33 sec)

Cools! I just watched the Cali-Bros Jelly/epoxy video that was previously linked(nicely done), then watched the "longer range fix" video.... and I like the idea of remote vertical placement of the dipole antenna! It'll give the best possible coverage for the dipole and also be safer for my PCB with the dipole moved. lol

I just did-up the Cali-Bros "remote dipole mod" with a fairly thin zip tie and a strip of packing tape for light-weight, it has good flexibility to fold when landed and vertical on lift-off.
I can't wait to go back and test the remote dipole! I guess it'll be as good as it gets 'til the "4 leaf clover" arrives.

Indoors I saw that I could change to multiple different channels and still get a flyable picture, so I wonder if there is stronger CH to use for out-doors range than the one the TX selects on bind? hmmm...
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Today, 04:46 AM
Joined Dec 2011
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002 View Post
Thanks Andy. I moved the 808 further back towards the tail, so now the battery wire and battery are less likely to make contact with the propellers.

I did a few flights with the 808 camera attached to the H107D and noticed that I'm only getting about 1 minute and 45 seconds of flight time, but that was on a windy day, so I'm not sure if "fighting" the wind depletes the battery aggressively ? When I tested it in doors, I got about 2 minutes and 45 seconds of flight time but that was mainly hovering. Do these flight times seem normal to you ? (BTW: I do have the jelly fisheye lens on my H107D.)
What's the weight of your hubsan plus cam? Do you use 500mah lipo?
I am not surprise about tge flight time I get only 4min with a 380 lipo and nothing on board.
We should find a way to save serious weight in order to have a reasonnable flight time and power with a 808 cam on board.
I am going to do so by modifying the canopy, get rid of the led, get rid of
Link69 is online now Find More Posts by Link69
Old Today, 04:47 AM
Joined Dec 2011
150 Posts
Quote:

What's the weight of your hubsan plus cam? Do you use 500mah lipo?
I am not surprise about tge flight time I get only 4min with a 380 lipo and nothing on board.
We should find a way to save serious weight in order to have a reasonnable flight time and power with a 808 cam on board.
I am going to do so by modifying the canopy, get rid of the led, get rid of the 808 lipo.
Hopefully I could reach 4min with a good power and 500mah lipo
Old Today, 04:59 AM
Joined Dec 2011
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyclayton View Post
Have u taken the vtx out of the casing a lot? This happened to me and it is the CMOS ribbon breaking. They are so fragile. I don't think hubsan realised we would wanna mod them. Hubsan need to look at what we are trying to do and bring out a revised version. But they are too busy trying to build a dji phantom competitor
Thanks. It's strange the picture freeze for about 1 to 2sec randomly as if I am watching a video and I push the pause buttom.
I had never open it the first time it's happen strange..
I can fly 5 lipo with nothing and out of nowehere can't fly 30s without a freezing.
Is it the lipo temperature or the vtx temp? They are so hot after a flight.
Old Today, 09:40 AM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link69 View Post
Thanks. It's strange the picture freeze for about 1 to 2sec randomly as if I am watching a video and I push the pause buttom.
I can fly 5 lipo with nothing and out of nowehere can't fly 30s without a freezing.
That heating can be an issue, I get the occasional frame freeze when I fly back tyo back flights normally I allow a cool down period between flights and sometime randomly. Maybe time for a replacement 107D BNF (cali bros $70) on my end
GRUMPEE is online now Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Today, 11:36 AM
Joined Jul 2012
177 Posts
Quote:

thats not right no. I get 5 mins flight in total. I did an endurance flight which im gonna post on youtube later showing this. are you using the 500mah battery?

make sure that your props are not bent this makes a big difference.

also if the battery is old and puffed (happens quickly with these bats) then make sure your battery is new.
Andyclayton is offline Find More Posts by Andyclayton
Old Today, 11:43 AM
Joined Jul 2012
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link69 View Post
Bind the quad so you get a video link. then press the black part of the cmos that pokes out. If it doesnt freeze your cable is safe.
Andyclayton is offline Find More Posts by Andyclayton
Old Today, 12:07 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,139 Posts
This will be my latest setup: H107C board, H107D body, 808 #16 cam and tiny 5.8Ghz vtx with separated battery for powering vtx & 808 cam. Hopefully i will get decent flight time

bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Today, 01:19 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
This will be my latest setup: H107C board, H107D body, 808 #16 cam and tiny 5.8Ghz vtx with separated battery for powering vtx & 808 cam. Hopefully i will get decent flight time

Wow that is nice. Good job. Thank for sharing, keep us posted. Best Regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt