Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:40 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2013
450 Posts
Hey Rick & Psyman!

Still running my 2 Subs.

Thanks to Rick again for sending me the pair.

I originally had the white model but we were having so much fun with it I got Rick to get me the grey model to go with it.

Good luck to you. Hope the store has some left. They are truely amazing little gadgets.
BieneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BieneFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:43 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
Glad to hear those subs are still going down under down under.

I just got back from TRU, and they have no more. Sorry. I did a quick search, though, and I found the Submariner 075 on Amazon for $55 shipped from the orient. It appears to be the same thing with different paint. ...or a spot-on copy.

You might even find it cheaper elsewhere. Make sure you include 075 in your search, or you might end up with an $8,000 Rolex watch. I'm sure you could toss that in your fish tank, if that tickles your fancy.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Jul 25, 2014, 02:39 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2013
450 Posts
That's a bummer. Must be out of production now ?

I saw one online store asking over $100US for one.

There are a few 'copies' around though. Probably the exact same model re-branded ?

Edit:

I just checked that link Rick. Looks like the exact same sub and controller ! Actually, looks quite nice with the grey upper & 'red lead' bottom.
BieneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BieneFlyer
Last edited by BieneFlyer; Jul 25, 2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:29 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,412 Posts
Airhogs is largely a re-brander themselves. The things the market often show up under different names in different countries. Doesn't hurt to keep searching.
ruzam is online now Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Today, 03:14 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
Oh wow, I had no idea the Submariner 075 even existed!. From googling it appears that this is just like the Silverlit/Spinmasters situation; the "Submariner 075" was created by CCP-Co (Casio Creative Products) a subsidiary of Namco Bandai as a follow up to their U-Diver sub here, which I found on Youtube in a related vid (did this or the Graupner Emden U-16 come first, they have identical hulls?): http://techcrunch.com/2008/10/23/u-d...cro-submarine/

Seems the Submariner 075 was released in Japan in late 2012 going by this Youtube vid, then rebranded as the Air Hogs "Dive Master" early last year. The red/blue spoils it for me though, I think that's a fairly ugly paintjob as those colours don't mix well. Why couldn't it have been yellow, like an ROV sub =(

Funnily enough, a french RC company called "T2M Racing" created a yellow variant of the Graupner U-16 here!: http://www.t2m-rc.fr/de/modellbau-t2...r-ii-T614.html

I might buy the Submariner 075 but I'd much rather the white/orange Air Hogs design. I feel that most RC toy designers have quite generic and uninspired taste in aesthetics, there's often clashing colours and tacky detailing especially on heli shells. I want more futuristic paintjobs with neutral tones. Bright red/black for example is way overused. This is what I want to see more of below:

/end rant

Anyway thanks for looking Rick =)
psyman is offline Find More Posts by psyman