HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:03 PM
Bill Mohrbacher, MECA Fox Guy
Beaver Falls, PA
Joined Dec 2006
625 Posts
MECA's Region 16 director, Dr. Hans-Dieter Tegtmeier has done a fine job on the Region 16 website.
G WILLIE is offline Find More Posts by G WILLIE
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:05 PM
Bill Mohrbacher, MECA Fox Guy
Beaver Falls, PA
Joined Dec 2006
625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Stack View Post
Bill, is there any significance in the fact that the A.M.E.E. calls this a 1970 36X, showing a coupled throttle / exhaust baffle with maybe a shiny case, as opposed to this matt case, throttle only 36 ?
As often happens, parts are removed to mount mufflers or just lost when someone takes the engine apart. It should have the exhaust baffle. The "X" was just dropped.
G WILLIE is offline Find More Posts by G WILLIE
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:44 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,502 Posts
A couple of variants of the Webra 1.7 - the circa 1956 / 57 "Sport -Glo" on the left (Test Report here -
http://sceptreflight.net/Model%20Eng...lo%20Glow.html )
Twin Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin Stack
Last edited by Twin Stack; Mar 07, 2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:41 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,502 Posts
My Enya cohort Pat King has sent me this message -
"Bob, I am having some of the rarer Enya gaskets laser cut. I will have the following gaskets available for sale:
60 & 63 TYPHOON 6 bolt Front housing
19 3-Bolt Front housing
29 Sand Cast (red head & prop drive) Front housing
29 Model 5002 (teardrop exhaust) Front housing
29 III & IIIB Model 5103 Front housing and Venturi insert
29-IV & 35-III Model 5224 Venturi (square one)
One can always cut their own, but these will be perfect laser cut parts. I
am thinking $1.00 each for front housing gaskets and $.50 each for venturi
gaskets. The gaskets would be mailed as a First class letter."
If interested, send a PM to Pat through this forum - username "quickshiftmcdrif"
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:59 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,467 Posts
I have seen some odd engine stands but this beats the lot, someone offering 6 OS Twin mounting frames to be used as stands. Does not even look good.
Reginald is online now Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:02 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,467 Posts
Hail hail you diesel collectors, here is your chance to own a Webra Twin diesel and what's more, with an original box. I have one but not a box. Ebay Germany.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:04 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G WILLIE View Post
MECA's Region 16 director, Dr. Hans-Dieter Tegtmeier has done a fine job on the Region 16 website.
Long time ago since I met Hans, must be Watford. Danny and I used to be members. Yes, when them Germans do something they do it right.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 01:27 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
Hail hail you diesel collectors, here is your chance to own a Webra Twin diesel and what's more, with an original box. I have one but not a box. Ebay Germany.
Reggy, now that you have unashamedly polluted this glow thread with one of those smelly Diesel's, a few of our younger viewers (ie. those under 75 years of age) might be wondering what that funny looking gadget is at the back of the Webra twin.

"Karl Heinz Stegmaier, from the 1950's, may be one of the outstanding pioneers in the history of radio control. He spent several years designing R/C systems, and also entered in competitions with his brother. He won the German Championship's ten times in succession, from 1950. He reached his zenith with first place in the Europe Cup in 1957, and with the third first place in the Aerobatics World Cup 1960 in Dübendorf. After that, not much more was heard from him and his complex R/C equipment. His "pneumatic system" worked with the aid of a vacuum pump attached to a Ruppert/Webra Boxer diesel motor of 7.6 cc. The vacuum was stored in a negative pressure reserve cylinder. A complicated valve set-up directed the vacuum to several diaphragm units, which worked directly as servos. If the engine stopped he had to land fast before the reserve cylinder lost its vacuum, and thus control of the model. The Stegmaier systems are very rare and few exist. The photographed installation below was only found after three years research in Germany." The photo on the R.H. side (and caption below) appeared in Aero Modeller magazine, December 1958. The contest was the 6th King of the Belgians Cup R/C International, held at Darmstadt in Germany, and was won by the Stegmaier's. Note the huge fin on their streamlined model. The last 2 photo's were taken a year later at the same contest, only this time at Hirzenhain in Germany. For the record, their model was blue & white in colour, weighed 9 Ibs, used a 8 reed relay and a TopFlite 13 X 5.5 prop on the Ruppert 8.5 cc engine. Apparently, surgical cleanliness was essential in the vacuum selection valves, with the servo's being very powerful.
Last edited by Twin Stack; Mar 09, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:17 AM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Stack View Post
His "pneumatic system" worked with the aid of a vacuum pump attached to a Ruppert/Webra Boxer diesel motor of 7.6 cc."
I have pondered why Mr Stegmaier choose underpressure instead of the opposite, which would feel more obvious (traditional thinking...)...

My own (attempt to) answer is that an underpressure system MAY be more simple to keep properly sealed.....

Any theories out there.....?

Gluehand is online now Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:46 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,476 Posts
Bosse, my idea, which I've used in other contexts (fuel systems), is that underpressure is naturally regulated.
Using underpressure, any pressure differential can never exceed 1 atm, even if you get down to an absolute vacuum, which is never the case.
Conversely, no such "natural limit" applies to overpressure (boost), which can be excessive without a fairly complex control system.
brokenenglish is online now Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Running the "K" Hawk 0.2cc...
Old Mar 08, 2013, 03:02 AM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,814 Posts
Thanks Brian...!
Your explanation makes sense....didn't think of it that way...

Gluehand is online now Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:56 PM
Austria
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
Hirtenberger HP.40 Marine Engines

Hello from Austria!
HP 40R Marine Gold Cup and HP 40F Marine Silver Star...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...0&d=1362768893
Peter Austria is offline Find More Posts by Peter Austria
Old Mar 08, 2013, 04:48 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Austria View Post
.......Hello from Austria!.............
Hello Peter and Welcome Aboard ! Thank You for accepting my invitation to join us here. You have some beautiful engines, so please let us see them. Firstly though, I have to warn you that some of the guys who hang out here have a few loose kangaroo's in the top paddock. Luckily, I myself am perfectly sane..
Old Mar 08, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,502 Posts
"This is a rare 1980's SKET 15cc Watercooled ABC Racing Marine Engine.
SKET means Schwermaschinenbau Kombinat 'Ernst Thälmann" DDR (German Democratic Republic), Produced by VEB-SKET Magdeburg.
The DDR Government forced these kind of large businesses to produce sideline consumer products for the DDR People, just to prove that they were also able to make products other than their regular ones".