Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by DaOldGuy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 07, 2011, 08:53 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
My understanding is a fella won 2nd in the nats last year with a 90 size plane. I am not looking to win, just get some structured skills.
The key to IMAC Basic is to fly consistantly and to make as many contests as you possibly can. The more contests you attend the better your chances of winning the region.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2011, 09:10 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
The key to IMAC Basic is to fly consistantly and to make as many contests as you possibly can. The more contests you attend the better your chances of winning the region.
Ah... We used to run unlimited Soap Box racers and in the points, you are correct. Right now I am looking for skills more then winning. For now
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 07, 2011, 09:42 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Ah... We used to run unlimited Soap Box racers and in the points, you are correct. Right now I am looking for skills more then winning. For now
Come on man! You have Tiger Blood and Adonis DNA! Get out there and get down to....

DUH WINNING!!
Old Apr 07, 2011, 09:46 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Come on man! You have Tiger Blood and Adonis DNA! Get out there and get down to....

DUH WINNING!!
The 3 closest Imac events for this year are each 3 hours away minimum, maybe we just need our own event here.
Old Apr 07, 2011, 09:50 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
That's the spirit!! lol
Old Apr 08, 2011, 11:06 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,762 Posts
Hey DOG shes really comming along now for sure looks like the hard part is done,,, Yipeeee,,, where up by me is the IMAC contest
I'm sure its about 3 hours from where I am also LOL but let me know where and when and if you'll be there, I'd love to try and hook up with you. I'll bring the cupcakes and try to throw them at the other contenders LOL

And we are also in the final stages of meetings for our Soap Box Derby event this is our 6th year running it, lots of fun, great for the Kids, and US lol but man its 1 year of slow preperation for 2 weeks of utter KAOS and the week before the derby during our final weigh in and impound is my daughters wedding LOL good grief....

Now get out there and win that IMAC contest. were with you all the way.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 09, 2011, 06:39 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Hey DOG shes really comming along now for sure looks like the hard part is done,,, Yipeeee,,, where up by me is the IMAC contest
I'm sure its about 3 hours from where I am also LOL but let me know where and when and if you'll be there, I'd love to try and hook up with you. I'll bring the cupcakes and try to throw them at the other contenders LOL
Milford, Pa 08/27/2011
Goshen, NY 09/24/11 Northeast Regional Championship
To your point, they are up that way, but could still be a haul... About 3 hours for me roughly.

Looking at MtFlyer's map... Yup, its a good 3 hours from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
And we are also in the final stages of meetings for our Soap Box Derby event this is our 6th year running it, lots of fun, great for the Kids, and US lol but man its 1 year of slow preperation for 2 weeks of utter KAOS and the week before the derby during our final weigh in and impound is my daughters wedding LOL good grief....

Now get out there and win that IMAC contest. were with you all the way.
We did Soap Box for several years, I will have to find a couple of the pictures. We ran a car our body shop built in the Unlimited Class, it won every race, every years. I drove it one season, it was tons of fun!
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:38 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,762 Posts
Thats great about the derby, excellent and yes it is a ton of fun, I was a racer in 76 LOL came in 3rd, Well I think the September date might be possible for me , I'll keep you posted
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 02, 2011, 10:53 PM
United States, AL, Branchville
Joined May 2009
653 Posts
Quote:
Here I have a new project, it was donated by a very nice RCG'r <barchiola> and I am stripping it down for a winter project.

I am not sure what this plane is, was listed as an Extra 260, it is a 88 inch Low wing, everthing on the Fuse is sheeted or solid balsa like the airfoil tail feathers. It has a styrofoam core, balsa sheeted turtle deck.

I will be stripping the wings down next, looking for anything that was deem this not a good rebuild so I dont go too deep.

Any help or thoughts on what company made this it <if it is a kit> would be great.
Ron
I saw that airplane I sayed OMG I had that airplane but my airplane was a Midwest Extra 300S I look at it a long time it is the same airplane.The power on my airplane was "The G-38 is the ideal gas engine for models such as the Midwest Extra 300S, Cap 232 and Super Stinker, as well as the Lanier Cap 232 and Stinger 120, where sport performance is desired. It is also a popular choice for many scale projects. It will turn an 18 x 10 prop at 7100 to 7400 rpm." That was copy from Horizon Hobby
crazyflyboy30 is offline Find More Posts by crazyflyboy30
Old Sep 02, 2011, 11:14 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
I saw that airplane I sayed OMG I had that airplane but my airplane was a Midwest Extra 300S I look at it a long time it is the same airplane.The power on my airplane was "The G-38 is the ideal gas engine for models such as the Midwest Extra 300S, Cap 232 and Super Stinker, as well as the Lanier Cap 232 and Stinger 120, where sport performance is desired. It is also a popular choice for many scale projects. It will turn an 18 x 10 prop at 7100 to 7400 rpm." That was copy from Horizon Hobby
I have 2 of them now. Still building one to have the 55CC motor. Doesnt look like it will make it out this season.